Picking Up New Cart

Picking Up New Cart

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 11-08-2019, 11:48 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
When we ordered ours, I was surprised how expensive the self-cancelling turn indicators were (as an option). Seems like a simple timer relay would be easy to add, cancelling the signal after 10 seconds (+/-). As I recall the option on the cart is more that $250:22yikes:
Worth every single penny to me. Besides the self cancelling turn signals, the steering wheel features high beam lights which are excellent for visibility at night. I didn't know about the high beams until I picked up the cart. I was willing to spend the $250 just for the self cancelling turn signals and those high beams were a HUGE bonus. Oh.....also the horn is on the steering wheel with two buttons; one on each side of the steering wheel.

Old 11-08-2019, 11:53 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

I'm not sure that will make a difference, if you're ever pulled over...after being recorded actually above 20mph.

Particularly, since a simple wire-tie, installed by the owner...can override the governor.
Really? On an electric cart? I would love to be able to add 2 mph to my 20 mph. Where does the wire tie go? I'm not handy. Who can I get to do this?
Old 11-08-2019, 12:38 PM
Gold member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

I second making sure the steering wheel is at 12 o'clock when the cart is going straight. Our club car is at about 10:30 when going straight and it always bugs me. Also, when we bought our club car from Villages Golf Carts we upgraded from 8 inch to 10 inch tires and were told by the salesperson that if was a good idea and common upgrade. After driving the cart over some bumps and around some corners we noticed the tires were rubbing inside the wheel wells. I was furious and brought the cart back. The service manager told me the cart was not designed for tires larger than 8 inches and it would need a lift kit, which they don't install. They offered to swap back the 8 inch tires and refund me for the upgrade, but I wanted the bigger tires. I had to bring the cart to an outside service place and pay another $800 to have a three inch lift kit installed to accommodate the tires. I must admit, the cart looks much better with the lift kit and we get many positive comments from people, but it was an unanticipated expense.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:48 PM
Platinum member

Check tow switch
Look at the batteries to see if they look like they are new and ask how you add water and have then show you. You will then be able to see if the fluid level is correct.
Old 11-08-2019, 02:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Really? On an electric cart? I would love to be able to add 2 mph to my 20 mph. Where does the wire tie go? I'm not handy. Who can I get to do this?
Even though you obviously aren't "handy," you may want to Google what a "governor" is...in regards to golf carts.

That will (should?)...answer your question.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:53 PM

could you explain further? my cart can go 23.
why would that be illegal?
Old 11-09-2019, 07:41 AM

Because Florida law states a non street legal cart is limited to a maximum speed of 20 MPH. Exceed that at your (and your wallet’s) own risk. It isn’t a cheap violation.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Worth every single penny to me. Besides the self cancelling turn signals, the steering wheel features high beam lights which are excellent for visibility at night. I didn't know about the high beams until I picked up the cart. I was willing to spend the $250 just for the self cancelling turn signals and those high beams were a HUGE bonus. Oh.....also the horn is on the steering wheel with two buttons; one on each side of the steering wheel.
I was told by a salesman that high beam lights aren't available?
Old 11-09-2019, 09:12 AM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I was told by a salesman that high beam lights aren't available?
O good, just what we need brighter lights blinding everybody 100 yards down the road. Most golf cart headlights can be use for raccoon hunting.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
O good, just what we need brighter lights blinding everybody 100 yards down the road. Most golf cart headlights can be use for raccoon hunting.
That is so true. Some are so bright that it hurts.

Tags
picking, check, cart, general, speedometer