Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Is the price on the cart firm? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/price-cart-firm-307569/)

17362 06-11-2020 06:39 AM

In May of 2020 it was firm. They claimed it was the lowest price posted in years.
I believe the owner did that BC of CVD 19, if I remember right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilyclub (Post 1781429)
When going to buy a new cart is the price they are showing firm or negotiable ?

Bikeracer2009 06-11-2020 06:42 AM

I went to buy a new golf cart and from what I remember the cart was going to cost me around $14,000. I found the same cart at Budget Carts in Haines city for $7,600 with free delivery. I bought a brand new 2020 Yamaha and I picked the color I wanted. The dealership added a few options at a fair price. I had to add the side mirrors with built-in turn signals, floor mat and a few other things. Some I bought from the villages and some off Amazon. I'm guessing I ended up saving about $4,000. My Sunbrella isn't the same quality as the Villages and I don't get the free maintenance or any other perks. The only thing I have done is changed the oil since there's no filter. I'm happy with my purchase.

I would think some haggling is appropriate? The Villages do enjoy a 40 mile territory around each store so they can sell carts for whatever they want and you have to go out if your way for savings.

I'm not trying to steer people away from the villages golf cart store. This is just my experience.

JerryP 06-11-2020 07:00 AM

One item to consider when purchasing is service. We purchased at The Villages Golf Cars and have had excellent warranty and repair service in addition to a loaner.

greenflash245 06-11-2020 07:04 AM

negotiate. as if you were buying a car.

retiredguy123 06-11-2020 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryP (Post 1781828)
One item to consider when purchasing is service. We purchased at The Villages Golf Cars and have had excellent warranty and repair service in addition to a loaner.

When it comes to warranty repairs, isn't an authorized dealer required to do warranty work on any vehicle under warranty, regardless of where the vehicle was purchased?

Bay Kid 06-11-2020 07:40 AM

Find the cart you want, then negotiate additional extras.

banjobob 06-11-2020 07:57 AM

Carts are almost a must have in The Villages, but those to me goofy looking little cars are a joke.

leftyf 06-11-2020 08:11 AM

I don't understand why the dealers don't have "Build Your Own Cart" site showing the prices for the cart and all options. Cars do it.

NavyVet 06-11-2020 08:38 AM

We bought our Yamaha gas cart from Cart and Clubs in Ocala and were very happy. Good choices, options, extra features included, nice people to work with, etc. Service is wonderful. They come right to your driveway. We have had the cart for several years and it still looks/runs like new.

John_W 06-11-2020 09:01 AM

As mentioned earlier, Budget Carts in Haines City down by Lakeland has good prices, so looking at areas away from TV is a great idea.

I remembered there was dealer on CR101 in the shopping center next to Streetrods, and I think they were even on Signature Dr by Sparr. They closed a couple of years ago, but had good prices, I guess they couldn't compete in this area.

I looked up AGC Advantage Golf Carts and they are very much in business in about six cities in Florida and have excellent prices. I never dealt AGC when they were open here because I remember they basically only sold EZ GO at the time, maybe someone who has dealt with them can add some info.

#1 Golf Cart Dealer in Florida | Advantage Golf Cars

This is from their website right now.

2020 Yamaha Golf-Car The DriveĀ² - PTV GAS EFI Golf Car
Price Includes: Canopy Top, Upgraded Black Seats, Backlit Tuning Fork, Dual USB Port, 14x7 Bravo Tires Upgrade, Premium Light Package, Smoke Hinged Windshield, State of Charge Meter, 4 Year Limited Warranty $7950 or $153 a month for 60 months.

https://cdn.dealerspike.com/imglib/v...470835C75D.jpg

kathyspear 06-11-2020 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banjobob (Post 1781881)
Carts are almost a must have in The Villages, but those to me goofy looking little cars are a joke.

What "goofy looking little cars" are you talking about?

kathy

RockytopronTN 06-11-2020 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1781443)
You can always try, but I don't think you will get much of a discount if you are shopping in The Villages. If you want a lower price, I think you can save about $2,000 to $2,500 if you shop around outside of The Villages. I would try the dealers in Ocala and Webster.

That's not true. You may save about 500, but service and convenience is more than worth the difference.

thomp679 06-11-2020 11:17 AM

Just shopped last week. Country Power in Webster starts at $2000 off at $7995. They are only 15 mins from the Fenney area. I didn't end up negotiating as we ended up buying from Village Discount Golf Cart at the 441 location. Looks from a previous poster, there was at least another $1000 on the table.

VDGC prices start lower since they are reconditioned. They had 2019 and 2020 available. I was able to negiotiate an additional $2100+ off of the packaged price and that was for a cart that they are building for us (not from their current built stock).

All main dealers (VDGC, Webster, Ocala) provide service at your home at a scheduled time. They all provide loaners. I mention this because those that buy directly from the Villages not only pay non-negotiatble prices, but the have to take their carts to the dealer location for service. Ironically, its like you have to pay them for the pleasure of shopping their dealerships. You will save by getting into your car and drive 15-45 mins away.

photo1902 06-11-2020 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 17362 (Post 1781803)
We bought from The Villages discount golf car in May. I had been looking for 4 months. They had the best deals around I had seen in months. We paid under 12k, 2019. After looking in all towns/dealers it really was a good deal.

Not to nitpick, but just to clarify for newbies, as the names are very similar. There is The Villages Golf Cars (the dealer located in The Villages).

Then there is Village Discount Cars, which has no affiliation with The Villages.

photo1902 06-11-2020 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1781972)
As mentioned earlier, Budget Carts in Haines City down by Lakeland has good prices, so looking at areas away from TV is a great idea.

I remembered there was dealer on CR101 in the shopping center next to Streetrods, and I think they were even on Signature Dr by Sparr. They closed a couple of years ago, but had good prices, I guess they couldn't compete in this area.

I looked up AGC Advantage Golf Carts and they are very much in business in about six cities in Florida and have excellent prices. I never dealt AGC when they were open here because I remember they basically only sold EZ GO at the time, maybe someone who has dealt with them can add some info.

#1 Golf Cart Dealer in Florida | Advantage Golf Cars

This is from their website right now.

2020 Yamaha Golf-Car The DriveĀ² - PTV GAS EFI Golf Car
Price Includes: Canopy Top, Upgraded Black Seats, Backlit Tuning Fork, Dual USB Port, 14x7 Bravo Tires Upgrade, Premium Light Package, Smoke Hinged Windshield, State of Charge Meter, 4 Year Limited Warranty $7950 or $153 a month for 60 months.

https://cdn.dealerspike.com/imglib/v...470835C75D.jpg

That's a good looking cart.