Is the price on the cart firm?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-10-2020, 12:38 PM
Bilyclub Bilyclub is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Default Is the price on the cart firm?

When going to buy a new cart is the price they are showing firm or negotiable ?
  #2  
Old 06-10-2020, 12:55 PM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 4,348
Thanks: 227
Thanked 1,976 Times in 763 Posts
Default

You can always try, but I don't think you will get much of a discount if you are shopping in The Villages. If you want a lower price, I think you can save about $2,000 to $2,500 if you shop around outside of The Villages. I would try the dealers in Ocala and Webster.
  #3  
Old 06-10-2020, 02:19 PM
John_W's Avatar
John_W John_W is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 5,353
Thanks: 994
Thanked 1,328 Times in 603 Posts
Default

It was in the Sun newspaper last week, The Villages Golf Cars stores would let you take $1,000 off any cart on the floor in any of their showrooms. My neighbor went down to LSL and bought a new one because of that. They probably still have that going on. However, for his 2011 trade-in they only would give him a $1,000. I told him to sell it on TOTV and probably get $3,000 for it.

However, I believe they are so over-priced. The gas Yamaha that I bought new in 2011 for $10,300 with black roof, floor mat, big side mirrors, SS wheels, shopping net, Ultimate Seats, 2 sand bottles, ball & club washer and cooler, would probably cost about $15,000 now from TV. I would look elsewhere. I bought from TV because I thought it was best to buy here, but I've never taken my cart to TV for service or repair. I've had Willie do all my maintenance at my home, and like they say, a Yamaha gas cart will last forever, I've never needed any repairs from the dealer in 9 years.

Check out Carts & Clubs in Ocala for new carts and for refurbished one year old carts from Villages Discount Golf Cars on 466 and Grandma & Grandpa Village Buggies on 441 north of 42 on the right.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

Last edited by John_W; 07-04-2020 at 08:05 AM.
  #4  
Old 06-10-2020, 02:32 PM
dewilson58's Avatar
dewilson58 dewilson58 is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 6,030
Thanks: 197
Thanked 2,049 Times in 819 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
You can always try, but I don't think you will get much of a discount if you are shopping in The Villages. If you want a lower price, I think you can save about $2,000 to $2,500 if you shop around outside of The Villages. I would try the dealers in Ocala and Webster.

Not sure about Webster...............but I did NOT find that type of savings in Ocala.
__________________
The Masked Man
  #5  
Old 06-10-2020, 02:37 PM
John_W's Avatar
John_W John_W is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 5,353
Thanks: 994
Thanked 1,328 Times in 603 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Not sure about Webster...............but I did NOT find that type of savings in Ocala.
Webster is probably I-4 Power, and I use to recommend them, but lately I've read some negative comments about them, so I no longer include them.

New Golf Carts - I4 POWER EQUIPMENT
  #6  
Old 06-10-2020, 03:02 PM
Jayhawk's Avatar
Jayhawk Jayhawk is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 810
Thanks: 0
Thanked 589 Times in 151 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
It was in the Sun newspaper last week, The Villages Golf Cars stores would let you take $1,000 off any cart on the floor in any of their showrooms. My neighbor went down to LSL and bought a new one because of that. They probably still have that going on. However, for his 2011 trade-in they only would give him a $1,000. I told him to sell it on TOTV and probably get $3,000 for it.

However, I believe they are so over-priced. The gas Yamaha that I bought new in 2011 for $10,300 with black roof, floor mat, big side mirrors, SS wheels, shopping net, Ultimate Seats, 2 sand bottles, ball & club washer and cooler, would probably cost about $15,000 now from TV. I would look elsewhere. I bought from TV because I thought it was best to buy here, but I've never taken my cart to TV for service or repair. I've had Willie do all my maintenance at my home, and like they say, a Yamaha gas cart will last forever, I've never needed any repairs from the dealer in 9 years.

Check out Carts & Clubs in Ocala for new carts and for refurbished one year old carts from Villages Discount Golf Cars on 466 and Grandma & Grandpa Village Buggies on 441 north of 42 on the right.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Grandpa quit selling carts a couple of years ago.
  #7  
Old 06-10-2020, 03:11 PM
John_W's Avatar
John_W John_W is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 5,353
Thanks: 994
Thanked 1,328 Times in 603 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Grandpa quit selling carts a couple of years ago.
I was wondering about that because his website is no longer. I guess he's only in the rental business.
  #8  
Old 06-10-2020, 07:21 PM
Bilyclub Bilyclub is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Went looking around today. The Villages Golf Cars has the $1000 off, but the salesman said that in stock 2020 cars are low due to May being a good sales month. He added that he has never seen them discount that much. Village Discount also didn't have that many 2020's in stock and for the amount off, new seems a better option. Like what I saw at Carts and Clubs and they will deal a little. They also have the nice electrical setup under the seat. I'm going to sleep on it and pick a winner tomorrow.
  #9  
Old 06-10-2020, 07:48 PM
CWSBLUE CWSBLUE is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I woud think that inventory is low everywhere because of the shut downs during the pandemic. Make sense?
  #10  
Old 06-10-2020, 08:02 PM
tophcfa tophcfa is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Wherever I happen to be.
Posts: 1,934
Thanks: 661
Thanked 1,361 Times in 452 Posts
Default

I can't speak from personal experience, but I have golfed with several people who swear by Carts and Clubs. And they're carts come equipped with some features you won't find from other dealers. If I was currently in the market for a new cart, that would be my first stop when checking out options. As far as negotiating a deal, my experience has been that the real negotiations begin when they are talking to your back as you are walking out of the door.
  #11  
Old 06-11-2020, 05:37 AM
bowlingal bowlingal is offline
Member
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 42
Thanks: 1
Thanked 51 Times in 18 Posts
Default

model year changeover for Yamaha is in July....like cars, getting rid of previous year stock will be discounted.
  #12  
Old 06-11-2020, 06:14 AM
stadry stadry is online now
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again
Posts: 195
Thanks: 89
Thanked 134 Times in 73 Posts
Default

why are golf carts different than houses, cars, planes, trucks, & boats ? extremely rare for anyone to pay full asking price for anything,,, understand bidding wars are different - eg, you want arnold palmer's personal golf cart or his jet.....................
  #13  
Old 06-11-2020, 06:21 AM
jimbo2012's Avatar
jimbo2012 jimbo2012 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: LI, NY >Fernandina South
Posts: 7,120
Thanks: 46
Thanked 62 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Shop online, you'll see about $7500, that should give U an idea what the stealers markup is and how much to negotiate.
  #14  
Old 06-11-2020, 06:24 AM
Malsua Malsua is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 14
Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I was wondering about that because his website is no longer. I guess he's only in the rental business.
I bought a cart from his inventory last July. He was closing his business and retiring and had a bunch of carts he was unloading. I suspect they are all gone now but he had probably 50 carts left, from 2016 up through 2019s. All with speedos, belts, etc. Got a great deal.
  #15  
Old 06-11-2020, 06:37 AM
17362 17362 is offline
Member
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 94
Thanks: 564
Thanked 57 Times in 32 Posts
Default

We bought from The Villages discount golf car in May. I had been looking for 4 months. They had the best deals around I had seen in months. We paid under 12k, 2019. After looking in all towns/dealers it really was a good deal.
Reply

Tags
price, cart, firm, buy, showing

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 AM.