QT Performance?

Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2018, 07:46 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts
Default QT Performance?

I picked up my new 18QT this week from VGC, overall very nice cart, very quiet, and greatly improved ride. My question to all is about the performance/power. I've noticed it is slower starting from a standing stop and it seems to lack power going up hills especially up the ramps of the MMP tunnels. I still have my old cart, a 2011 carb refirb from VDGC, that I've been driving for over 4 years and it flies up the hills in comparison to the 18QT.

Two of my neighbors have 18 QT's also noticed the poor performance accelerating and up hills. Theirs are set for 24MPH max and mine for 20MPH (as is the 2011).

Has anyone else noticed this lack of power? Any suggestions on what can be done to give it a little more kick?
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 07-29-2018, 08:40 AM

They lost 2 horsepower due to making it quiet
Old 07-30-2018, 03:37 PM
Default I have !!!!

I agree totally. My 2010 was much faster from takeoff and had better pulling up hills over my new 2018 QT.
Old 07-30-2018, 05:26 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

It is a design issue, no fix for it yet.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:04 AM
Sage

With my Yamaha, I went from a 2009 to a 2018.

Yes, I also noticed a slightly slower rate of acceleration from a standing start. The same going up the hill out of a tunnel.

I have told myself, "Fuget about it." I love the reduced engine noise and the smoother ride with the independent rear suspension.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
I picked up my new 18QT this week from VGC, overall very nice cart, very quiet, and greatly improved ride. My question to all is about the performance/power. I've noticed it is slower starting from a standing stop and it seems to lack power going up hills especially up the ramps of the MMP tunnels. I still have my old cart, a 2011 carb refirb from VDGC, that I've been driving for over 4 years and it flies up the hills in comparison to the 18QT.

Two of my neighbors have 18 QT's also noticed the poor performance accelerating and up hills. Theirs are set for 24MPH max and mine for 20MPH (as is the 2011).

Has anyone else noticed this lack of power? Any suggestions on what can be done to give it a little more kick?

Carts and Clubs in Ocala (where we bought ours; more cart for the money at a lower price) came to our house to do some service on my wife's new QT. I mentioned to the tech about the sluggish performance and he pulled the spark arrestor (only required in CA) out of the end of the muffler and there is a noticeable difference in the power coming up out of a tunnel now after him doing that.

Worth mentioning to wherever you bought yours to see if they might do that.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:21 PM
Veteran member

Hear a lot of good things about Carts and Clubs but they were higher priced than the deal I negotiated with the GM of VGC. Believe it or not.

Old 07-31-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Carts and Clubs in Ocala (where we bought ours; more cart for the money at a lower price) came to our house to do some service on my wife's new QT. I mentioned to the tech about the sluggish performance and he pulled the spark arrestor (only required in CA) out of the end of the muffler and there is a noticeable difference in the power coming up out of a tunnel now after him doing that.

Worth mentioning to wherever you bought yours to see if they might do that.
Pulling that piece out does make the cart a little louder
Old 08-01-2018, 08:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGC View Post
Pulling that piece out does make the cart a little louder
Didn’t notice any difference in the sound; Mrs. KC would have said something since she has one of the MEE cab enclosures.

Tags
noticed, hills, power, lack, 18qt

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.