Question about windshield styles

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2021, 03:08 PM

I have option 2. I have high back seats so I a little higher so the line in the middle when the windshield is folded down does not bother me. I can see where that would be annoying if you were shorter and it was in your view. With the windshield up the little slots didn’t let enough air in. I like the windshield folded down with a screen. With the windshield folded down without a screen I thought the big air was too much blasting in my face. With the screen installed it cuts the blast of air down somewhat becomes “just right’ airflow for me.
Old 02-17-2021, 09:47 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I have the original fold down windshield, those who have option #3, the pop out bottom windshield, where did you get it? Did come with the cart, or you had it installed aftermarket, and if so, do you remember the price and where you bought it. I would interested, especially since my windshield is almost ten years old and it getting a bit cloudy.
Carts and Clubs told me they "invented" it.
Old 02-17-2021, 10:30 AM

Number two is what I have. I have a 2020 Yamaha with Curtis cab. If it is warm and raining out the inside windows steam up. Opening the vents and back window allows air flow so the inside does not steam up as bad. Also, hot weather on golf course, flip down the windshield. Not on golf course with someone concerned about wind blown hair, vents provided air flow, but not at head.
Old 02-17-2021, 01:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
Carts and Clubs told me they "invented" it.
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't see any photos on Carts & Clubs website that displayed the windshields clearly, but on their Facebook page they have three kinds of windshields and two fold down from the top, one version has the slots and the other pops out from the bottom. It appears a third version has slots but is one piece and doesn't fold down.

This version folds down or pops up from the bottom, but you apparently can't have both since the rubber bumpers for the windshield when folded down are on the pop out.

The Villages Florida

This version has the fold down and the slots

The Villages Florida

This is an inside view from the third version, slots on the bottom and a solid piece on the top.

The Villages Florida

They also offer the big cooler I bought from TV at LSL a couple of years ago. It was a $100 instead of $80 for the 12 pack, but it's worth it.

The Villages Florida

Here's a suggestion from someone driving a Yamaha golf cart for ten years in TV, don't settle for those little round mirrors that they offer as standard Villager ready. You want as much visibility as possible when driving in TV.

The Villages Florida

In TV I believe it's standard practice to install the big mirrors, so if you're buying from Carts & Clubs pay the little extra and get these big mirrors. However, I'm really surprised they're installing them so high above the windshield fold line. Mine came that way from TV and within the first week I almost had a head on collision on an MMP at Odell and Buena Vista there is a sharp turn. The mirror created a built in blind spot in the turn and the cart coming from the opposite direction was totally hidden behind the mirror. I immediately drove over to LSL and without question, lowered the mirrors for me for free, and told them what had happened, and I noticed ever since then in 2011 they have installed the mirrors with the top edge no higher than the windshield fold.

The Villages Florida

As you can see on my cart, the mirrors top edge is in line with the windshield fold. This way you have a clear view all the way around in a turn as you scan for other traffic.

The Villages Florida

I'll make one last suggestion, when buying the upgraded seats, get the version with the center armrest. It's just like a car, you don't notice the armrest until you don't have one. The way I drive, when making turns my left hand is on the steering wheel and having an armrest gives the right arm a place to anchor yourself. It's great, I can't imagine driving without one.

The Villages Florida

Last edited by John_W; 02-17-2021 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-17-2021, 02:16 PM

Great info and images! Thanks!
Old 02-28-2021, 12:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,882 Times in 2,428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I have the original fold down windshield, those who have option #3, the pop out bottom windshield, where did you get it? Did come with the cart, or you had it installed aftermarket, and if so, do you remember the price and where you bought it. I would interested, especially since my windshield is almost ten years old and it getting a bit cloudy.
I got mine online after market and sold the middle flip down windshield on Craigslist got little more than 1/2 my money back.
Old 02-28-2021, 06:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

We have number 2 and love it. No issues with dirt.
Old 03-01-2021, 03:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

As it was mentioned before and I had posted photos, Cart & Clubs of Ocala has a 3 piece windshield. It folds down and pops forward at the bottom. I thought that was a great idea, but really I wanted was the windshield to pop forward at the bottom. I like that better because you don't get too much wind in your face as you do with the top part folded down. In fact, once I leave the golf course I usually put the top back up.

I went to Villages at LSL next to Barnes & Nobles and they a windshield that is tinted and pops forward at the bottom, but is solid on top. When I sat in the cart, it was really nice not having that bar across the middle of the windshield. It was $200 and something I didn't consider. Mine Yamaha is a 2011 and is a Drive, the Yamahas since 2017 are Drive 2 and the supports posts are straight down at the bottom, where on mine they curve backwards at the bottom. The salesman said they that windshield for both versions of Yamaha and for EZGO. It was $200.

Here's The Villages version with a solid top, they have them for old and new Yamaha and for EZGO.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

Here's the Carts & Clubs 3 piece version, top folds down and bottom pops forward.

The Villages Florida
Old 03-01-2021, 03:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

We ordered our cart with the windshield pictured on the blue cart.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 03-02-2021, 09:09 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,106 Times in 1,338 Posts

My original 2012.5 cart I replaced the middle drop down window with a solid windshield. Great for me, but I'm not here in the summer. I still have my original windshield safely in the attic. Perfect condition if anyone might be interested in a purchase.
Closed Thread

Tags
style, flip, window, slide, middle

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.