R.I.P. Golf Cart

Closed Thread
Old 01-25-2016, 10:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default R.I.P. Golf Cart

I have an old ParCar that keeps chugging along, but at some point it is going to cost more to repair than it is worth.

How does one dispose of an old cart in TV, assuming that you want to buy another used one on TOTV rather than a replacement through a dealer?

Would one of the cart repair companies take it away for spares, or is there someone who would truck it away for a fee?

Interested to learn of your experiences.

Thank you
Old 01-25-2016, 10:20 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Check the Daily Sun classifieds. There are usually one or more ads from buyers looking for used carts, running or not. There is some value in your cart to someone. And they'll pick it up. Good luck!
Old 01-25-2016, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
I have an old ParCar that keeps chugging along, but at some point it is going to cost more to repair than it is worth.

How does one dispose of an old cart in TV, assuming that you want to buy another used one on TOTV rather than a replacement through a dealer?

Would one of the cart repair companies take it away for spares, or is there someone who would truck it away for a fee?

Interested to learn of your experiences.

Thank you
I'm sure that some dealer or repair person would love to take it for parts.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-25-2016, 12:02 PM
Sage

I know that cart very well. To be clear, your warranty is up

I think you will find it has very little value (depending on batteries). I hope I am wrong and wish you well.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Thank you all for your advice.

You'll be pleased to know, AJ, that Parker is still running well. My main concern is that there are bits that are rusting away and, eventually, one of those bits may be structural. Let me know if you want it back as a yard ornament :-)
Old 01-25-2016, 04:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,145 Times in 2,245 Posts

Also, Craigslist always has ads (Ocala area, wanted) for picking of golf carts, no charge.

Tags
cart, repair, companies, dealer, totv, replacement, spares, learn, interested, experiences, fee, truck, point, chugging, golf, parcar, cost, assuming, r.i.p, buy, dispose, worth

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.