Radial tires for golf carts

Radial tires for golf carts

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 12-12-2018, 12:26 PM
Gold member

FYI There is a list of tires approved for Championship Courses and off path Executive Courses, not that any starters or ambassadors will ever check unless you have something really attention getting.

Golf The Villages

Old 12-15-2018, 07:50 AM

I have a 2014 with bias ply and a 2017 with radials that I ordered when designing the cart. The front alignment was off from factory on then2017 and the front radials wore out in 4500 miles. Yamaha fixed the alignment and put on two new ones free. I like the radials much more than bias plymfor,ride and comfort and will putmradials on the 2014 when they wear out. So far have 11,000 miles on the bias and I do think they will get more miles than the radials, just a guess, but still like the ride better. Have ridden with friends that have the new style Yamaha like mine with bias plus and it is noticeably rougher. However if you can’t tell the difference stay with bias ply. Radials,seem to be about $25.00 per tire more online.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2018, 09:23 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmarkp View Post
I have the same question. The Villages puts radials on their new carts, whereas Carts & Clubs recommends not to. What say you?
///

Last edited by coffeebean; 12-19-2018 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:12 AM

Gots a few thousand miles on my Road Hawks...Noticeably better ride and wear seems a bit more than the bias ply.
I run them at 28 PSI ... the sweet-spot for ride comfort vs wear. Wear would probably be better at 30 PSI but a bit too stiff...Trade-off is worth it to me.
Old 01-30-2019, 05:26 PM

I’ve the same on my 2018 Yahama from C&C..I’ve got about 4200 miles and fronts are getting pretty low on tread

Tags
radial, tires, liking, ride, wear