Radio in my golf cart?

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2020, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgilcreast View Post
Ear buds and a cell phone.
Florida: “Wearing a headset, headphone, or other listening device, other than a hearing aid or instrument for the improvement of defective human hearing, is not permitted while driving. "
Old 05-25-2020, 07:51 AM

I just love when a Villager who is hard of.hearing tools along in his cart blasting his favorite music. Quite impressive!
Old 05-25-2020, 07:54 AM

I have a blue tooth speaker that fits in the cup holder of my golf cart ... cost about $24.
I have an app on my iPhone that I connect to the blue tooth speaker. Works great for me!
Old 05-25-2020, 08:06 AM

How do you mount the speaker so it doesn't get stolen?
Old 05-25-2020, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMOH View Post
How do you mount the speaker so it doesn't get stolen?
I built a speaker box for the speakers in both our carts and they are mounted to the rear roof bolts. They're not fancy by any means.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethwill View Post
Never even thought of having a radio. It would have to be turned up too loud to even hear it, and might bother others. Ear buds in your phone would be more effective if you miss your music that much.
The Villages Florida

For a real radio, the ideal installation is an overhead mount in the ceiling of the cart roof, and the speakers are only about a foot from your head. This puts the unit out-of-sight unless someone was actually in your cart, and the sound can be a much lower volume.

There are literally dozens on these on eBay and Amazon. This one comes with the AM/FM radio and sells for $160 with free shipping from Lake Placid, Florida. There are others which are only the housing and speakers and a empty slot for your own radio. For example, if you XM Radio in your car, you can get a radio head for free or better units for less than $50 and you only pay $6 a month as it piggybacks on your existing account.

Golf cart radio mini-max, smallest on the market with big 6.5" Speakers | eBay
Old 05-25-2020, 08:26 AM

Yeahhhh, many of us don’t have great hearing and or the fastest reflexes so I think earbuds in golf carts and or cars etc is a very dangerous proposition. You cannot likely hear if someone is coming which you may need to take action on. Just my two cents!!!
Old 05-25-2020, 08:29 AM

Bushnel has a new product designed for golf carts which is a combined speaker and Golf gps. Will have an app tie in also. It’s a available for pre order now. Check it out.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:41 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1701 View Post
Florida: “Wearing a headset, headphone, or other listening device, other than a hearing aid or instrument for the improvement of defective human hearing, is not permitted while driving. "
Not sure this would apply to golf carts on multi-modal paths. But if it does, then it should apply just as well to playing music so loud that you can’t hear anything outside of the cart.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:43 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwest135790 View Post
Yeahhhh, many of us don’t have great hearing and or the fastest reflexes so I think earbuds in golf carts and or cars etc is a very dangerous proposition. You cannot likely hear if someone is coming which you may need to take action on. Just my two cents!!!
Same would be true playing the radio so loud you can’t hear them coming either.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:51 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1701 View Post
Actually, it does not apply to “any person using a headset in conjunction with a cellular telephone that only provides sound through one ear and allows surrounding sounds to be heard with the other ear.” So one earbud is still ok, even in cars on the highway.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:56 AM

Get Bluetooth speakers. I use them for Sirius XM radio or my own radio off my cell. Even stream a station from back home.
Old 05-25-2020, 09:44 AM

I have an old iphone with bluetooth that has a 32 g mini memory card. I am going to down load my music or use Pandora. I just purchased a bluetooth speaker that I will mount with velcro to a spot in the cart. Just something to think about.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:33 AM
Default We have one with a radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani & Bill View Post
Bought a used cart that does not have a radio/cd/aux. Seems like most we have seen do. What is your experience? Necessary, nice to have, never use it? If I decide to add it to my cart, who is the most cost effective installer?
Thanks!
We have a cart with a radio in it. Bought it used with the radio already in it. I never use the radio, but I'm not a music person. My wife who IS a music person doesn't use the radio either.
Old 05-25-2020, 11:51 AM
Default Radio i Golf Cart

After listening to several folks blasting their choice of music, we decided stopped using our golf cart radio. The golf cart is like a convertible, you have to play it louder so you can hear against the draft of air as you travel. For us it falls into the category "nice to have".
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, radio, decide, add, cost

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.