Radio in my golf cart?

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2020, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani & Bill View Post
Bought a used cart that does not have a radio/cd/aux. Seems like most we have seen do. What is your experience? Necessary, nice to have, never use it? If I decide to add it to my cart, who is the most cost effective installer?
Thanks!
I had one put in mine at Village Discount Golf Carts when I bought it. I am single it does entertain me when I'm driving.
Old 05-25-2020, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
OK to have. Certainly not required. I did mine as cost effectively as can be done. Series has an app for you phone if you have it in any car. So I got a bluetooth speaker from Amazon for $20, mounted it under the dash and it has a plug for my USB port to keep it charged. Paired it to the phone and it works great. Total cost $20. Biggest issue is because the cart is open and somewhat noisy, it has to be to loud to be effective.
Try the Bluetooth speaker first. I had a radio installed in my dash when I ordered my cart new. I don't use it that much. I have to turn it louder as I go faster. Turn it down when I slow down. I had to have two extra speakers installed behind the seats so I could hear it. I wouldn't do it again, the console installation took away two of my cup holders, tee holders and ball holders. (I didn't play golf before I moved here). I also had to have an antennae amplifier installed to get better reception. AM reception is just okay. FM does much better.
Old 05-25-2020, 07:52 PM

My personal opinion is why bother? With so much beauty that surrounds us why spoil the experience...and I REALLY love music so that is quite a statement from me.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani & Bill View Post
Bought a used cart that does not have a radio/cd/aux. Seems like most we have seen do. What is your experience? Necessary, nice to have, never use it? If I decide to add it to my cart, who is the most cost effective installer?
Thanks!
JMHO-- I find that people who have them seem to be oblivious to to fact that others don't want to hear a loud radio (and they are always loud) in a golf cart sitting next to them. Often reminds me of the adolescent boys with the BOOMER in their pick up.
Old 05-28-2020, 03:24 PM

We got a small round Jam brand speaker at Kohl's. It fits in the cup holder. We hooked up with the phone/Bluetooth and it works great. 😎
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, radio, decide, add, cost

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.