Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Radio in my golf cart? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/radio-my-golf-cart-306825/)

Bobbie Vayo 05-25-2020 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dani & Bill (Post 1770216)
Bought a used cart that does not have a radio/cd/aux. Seems like most we have seen do. What is your experience? Necessary, nice to have, never use it? If I decide to add it to my cart, who is the most cost effective installer?
Thanks!

I had one put in mine at Village Discount Golf Carts when I bought it. I am single it does entertain me when I'm driving.

HogPilot 05-25-2020 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l2ridehd (Post 1770221)
OK to have. Certainly not required. I did mine as cost effectively as can be done. Series has an app for you phone if you have it in any car. So I got a bluetooth speaker from Amazon for $20, mounted it under the dash and it has a plug for my USB port to keep it charged. Paired it to the phone and it works great. Total cost $20. Biggest issue is because the cart is open and somewhat noisy, it has to be to loud to be effective.

Try the Bluetooth speaker first. I had a radio installed in my dash when I ordered my cart new. I don't use it that much. I have to turn it louder as I go faster. Turn it down when I slow down. I had to have two extra speakers installed behind the seats so I could hear it. I wouldn't do it again, the console installation took away two of my cup holders, tee holders and ball holders. (I didn't play golf before I moved here). I also had to have an antennae amplifier installed to get better reception. AM reception is just okay. FM does much better.

Professor 05-25-2020 07:52 PM

My personal opinion is why bother? With so much beauty that surrounds us why spoil the experience...and I REALLY love music so that is quite a statement from me.

Challenger 05-26-2020 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dani & Bill (Post 1770216)
Bought a used cart that does not have a radio/cd/aux. Seems like most we have seen do. What is your experience? Necessary, nice to have, never use it? If I decide to add it to my cart, who is the most cost effective installer?
Thanks!

JMHO-- I find that people who have them seem to be oblivious to to fact that others don't want to hear a loud radio (and they are always loud) in a golf cart sitting next to them. Often reminds me of the adolescent boys with the BOOMER in their pick up.

KMS1946 05-28-2020 03:24 PM

We got a small round Jam brand speaker at Kohl's. It fits in the cup holder. We hooked up with the phone/Bluetooth and it works great. 😎