Radio in my golf cart?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Old 05-25-2020, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani & Bill View Post
Bought a used cart that does not have a radio/cd/aux. Seems like most we have seen do. What is your experience? Necessary, nice to have, never use it? If I decide to add it to my cart, who is the most cost effective installer?
Thanks!
I had one put in mine at Village Discount Golf Carts when I bought it. I am single it does entertain me when I'm driving.
Old 05-25-2020, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
OK to have. Certainly not required. I did mine as cost effectively as can be done. Series has an app for you phone if you have it in any car. So I got a bluetooth speaker from Amazon for $20, mounted it under the dash and it has a plug for my USB port to keep it charged. Paired it to the phone and it works great. Total cost $20. Biggest issue is because the cart is open and somewhat noisy, it has to be to loud to be effective.
Try the Bluetooth speaker first. I had a radio installed in my dash when I ordered my cart new. I don't use it that much. I have to turn it louder as I go faster. Turn it down when I slow down. I had to have two extra speakers installed behind the seats so I could hear it. I wouldn't do it again, the console installation took away two of my cup holders, tee holders and ball holders. (I didn't play golf before I moved here). I also had to have an antennae amplifier installed to get better reception. AM reception is just okay. FM does much better.
Old 05-25-2020, 07:52 PM

My personal opinion is why bother? With so much beauty that surrounds us why spoil the experience...and I REALLY love music so that is quite a statement from me.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani & Bill View Post
Bought a used cart that does not have a radio/cd/aux. Seems like most we have seen do. What is your experience? Necessary, nice to have, never use it? If I decide to add it to my cart, who is the most cost effective installer?
Thanks!
JMHO-- I find that people who have them seem to be oblivious to to fact that others don't want to hear a loud radio (and they are always loud) in a golf cart sitting next to them. Often reminds me of the adolescent boys with the BOOMER in their pick up.
Old 05-28-2020, 03:24 PM

We got a small round Jam brand speaker at Kohl's. It fits in the cup holder. We hooked up with the phone/Bluetooth and it works great. 😎

Tags
cart, radio, decide, add, cost

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.