Recommendation on Golf Carts

Closed Thread
Old 12-22-2019, 12:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Make sure you check Star Cart electric. Easy 50 mi per charge, quiet, won't contribute to pollution (if that matters to you). Yamaha quiet tech is not as quiet as electric (several in our neighborhood drank that Kool Aid). Do your due diligence and buy what fits your life style and needs. Frankly, both will serve you well.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 12-22-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAIII View Post
supposed to be 70 miles on a charge- it's whisper* quiet, hauls up hills like it's electrified and requires no water or maintenance. (no heat in garage either - both golf and vehicle electric) prior to my garage was 150 degrees from the hot engine when I returned from dinner.

I haven't needed to charge it , yet- it's till on F (full) and I pay golf everyday.

*I can't hear anything whine

I'm seasonal use so this option works for me- it's ready when you need it. (same as my 20 yr old toaster)

**not a sales pitch- I'm just all about keeping the planet cooler -
For some reason I couldn't hit the thumbs up button but thanks
Old 12-22-2019, 02:27 PM

I didn’t shop based on price - I went for best build and was very impressed with carts and clubs final product. Like others have mentioned - you can find cheap carts. Whatever your priority - go with it!

I bought my 2019 in late August - within a couple of weeks I practically dismantled the cart to add a bunch of “stuff”. It took three weeks to get it all on. I called carts/clubs several times for insights on how to take things apart (without creating the breakage).

C&Cs customer service is top shelf. In addition to my many calls I also spent an hour in their shop discussing project approaches with one of their mechanics.

They treated me like a King before....during.....and after the sale.

C&C is loved by many folks - there are solid reasons for that. Check them out!
Old 12-22-2019, 03:55 PM
Sage

Something is wrong with your garage. Mine has never exceeded 95F with 2 autos and one gas golf cart. Perhaps you are exaggerating ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAIII View Post
supposed to be 70 miles on a charge- it's whisper* quiet, hauls up hills like it's electrified and requires no water or maintenance. (no heat in garage either - both golf and vehicle electric) prior to my garage was 150 degrees from the hot engine when I returned from dinner.

I haven't needed to charge it , yet- it's till on F (full) and I pay golf everyday.

*I can't hear anything whine

I'm seasonal use so this option works for me- it's ready when you need it. (same as my 20 yr old toaster)

**not a sales pitch- I'm just all about keeping the planet cooler -
Old 12-23-2019, 03:32 PM
DAIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Something is wrong with your garage. Mine has never exceeded 95F with 2 autos and one gas golf cart. Perhaps you are exaggerating ??
oh my ... my bad on that - I have no temp gauge in garage - not sure where I got 150 from ?? I just know it was hot!

to my credit I do have a head cold with a fever. ugghh
Old 12-23-2019, 04:46 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
I don’t know about 150, but most garages down here will get hotter than 95. If you have vents , insulation, and solar fans you can keep it at about even with the outdoor temp in the summer.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:01 PM
Default Webster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdarby2 View Post
Go to Webster for the best deal ! Believe me carts and clubs the price is the price !the villages the price is the price ! No negotiations at either spot. I think you will find a better price right off the bat in Webster at I 4 motor sports.
I saved ell over $2000.00 by buying at Webster !
Ask for Steve and tell him Paul Darby sent you
How can I contact Webster phone— city- name of company. Thanks for your response!! Don
Old 12-23-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcapaul View Post
Not to argue, but everything I read says 5 yr warranty
The web site says 8 years.

ELiTE Lithium Vehicles | E-Z-GO
Old 12-23-2019, 07:37 PM
Sage

Nope. I have never seen it go above 95F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I don’t know about 150, but most garages down here will get hotter than 95. If you have vents , insulation, and solar fans you can keep it at about even with the outdoor temp in the summer.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:00 PM

Do you own a Quiet-Tech? Quieter really appeals to me. Where did you buy yours from? I’m moving into TV in March.
Old 12-24-2019, 06:18 AM
DAIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackie View Post

I think the earlier models were 5 yrs.. def 8 years...on 2019 and 2020 from what I've read. VGC said you can double that number easily. (but after 8 years..I'm going to want the newest cart that hovers)
Old 12-24-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackie View Post

Well
thank you
site I had up said 5

Sorry
Old 12-26-2019, 12:37 AM
Gold member

You might get 60 miles per full charge from the EZGO Elite 4.0 (120ah). If you keep the charge levels between 15%-90%, you should easily get 20 years from the lithium pack...perhaps 5000 charge cycles. The EZGO lithium cart is expensive but will be nearly trouble/maintenance free...Basically just tires and transaxle oil changes every few years. The much lower running and maintenance costs of the EZGO Elite (electric is about 5 cents ($0.10/kwh) a mile less expensive than gasoline ($2.50/gallon)) will pay for the big price premium of the EZGO lithium cart, over time. Snowbirds don't have to worry about charging the lithium battery whilst they are away for 7 months like they do with a lead-acid pack, which needs to be kept fully charged at all times to avoid sulfation and acid stratification.

Last edited by MorTech; 12-26-2019 at 12:53 AM.
Old 12-26-2019, 07:52 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityzen View Post
Do you own a Quiet-Tech? Quieter really appeals to me. Where did you buy yours from? I’m moving into TV in March.
The Villages Car, Sal is a good salesman that will look out for you. Sumter Landing. Good service and will give you a loaner.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, carts, recommendation, pros, electric

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.