Roadhawk 205/65-10 tires

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2018, 11:24 AM
Sage

Yes, you should consider rotating your tires. The rears will wear faster than the fronts. I prefer the rotation pattern where the fronts go straight back and the rears cross over to the front. With rotation, it looks like my 205/65-10 Loadstar tires (a popular tire in The Villages) will go about 30K miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Not to change the topic, but does anyone ever rotate the tires on their golf cart like we typically do on our cars?
Old 02-07-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorTech View Post
I had one front tire wearing on the inside edge and the other on the outside. I adjusted them flat.

The Road Hawk radial tires run quite differently at 55F and 80F...They also need about 100 miles to break in. With the radial tires, all bumps are less jarring than with bias ply tires. The radial ply and steal belts also make the tire tread flatter on the road and have a larger road tread contact patch regardless of tire pressure.

Sorry, I should have waited for these warmer temperatures and 100 miles of break in before starting this thread but I did not think it would make this much difference in performance.
I don’t think the camber can be adjusted on Yamaha carts to adjust the tires so they ride flat. I’ll just have to keep adjusting the tire pressure in the front tires until I get optimum tire contact. There is also some negative camber in the rears but the radials are able to compensate for it.
Closed Thread

Tags
wear, roadhawk, cart, psi, 205/65-10

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.