roadside assistance

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2018, 09:41 AM
Default roadside assistance

Any recommendations for golf cart roadside assistance (no gas, engine trouble, flat tire ...)? Thank you!
Old 03-21-2018, 09:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Village **** Aide. Top notch.

http://www.****aide.com/

Not sure if offer is still good,The Villages Florida

Last edited by Chi-Town; 03-21-2018 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:10 AM
Default Our experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckles42 View Post
Any recommendations for golf cart roadside assistance (no gas, engine trouble, flat tire ...)? Thank you!
Our golf cart quit on one of the golf cart paths. First thing to do is get it off the path-on to the grass.

We called villages golf cart. They gave us a loaner so we could get home. TEASING but you cannot be without a golf cart in the villages. Later they sent out a ???? and picked up our golf cart-cost was reasonable at about $10.00. It turned out to be the starter solenoid. They charged us about $18 for diagnostic and install labor.
With the part and the tow and labor and the n/c loaner, the entire repair was about $100.

A GREAT PLACE TO DEAL WITH.

RE: A FLAT
With all the construction people around here, I've not had as many flats in 40+ years of driving as in the Villages.
For your golf cart they are high volume low pressure tires.
If, you see a nail in your tire DO NOT PULL IT. If the tire is not very soft, you can drive home or to one of the many repair places around here. I noticed our tire was soft. I saw a nail in it. A little soapy water around the nail and I realized the nail was into the air chamber. I pumped the tire up with my bicycle pump and got a good night sleep.
Following morning I again pumped up the tire this time to 30 lbs and we drove the cart to VILLAGES GOLF CART IN BROWNWOOD. We got as loaner golf cart at n/c, charge was 5.95. I did not ask BUT, on my car I insist on what I beleive is a proper tire repair-taking the tire off the rim and doing a proper patch from the inside. Golf cart is low pressure, low speed, low load-it has been fine no loss of air
pressure compared to the others for several months .

In four years-two problems both listed in this post.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:40 PM

Cart 911- (844)-527-8911 one stop shop with the ability to pick you up and fix it. Plus more things are repaired on the spot verse just picking you up and taking you home, same price. Havent had to use it yet but as we all know, its nice to know what to do just in case. Last thing I want is the cart ton break on the wife, which we all know is when it will break
Old 03-22-2018, 03:39 PM

If you have AAA for your automobile they will respond for your disabled golf cart as well! I was stunned when someone told me this, so I verified by visiting the local AAA office in Sumter.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:15 PM
Gold member

I would also recommend Cart$Aide. $62 for 2 years, just renewed for our 3rd 2 year term.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 03-25-2018, 12:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
I would also recommend Cart$Aide. $62 for 2 years, just renewed for our 3rd 2 year term.
Is that the same company as Village K-rtAide? Refer to post #2.

Tags
roadside, assistance, trouble, flat, engine

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.