Roll down back window

Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2021, 07:37 AM
Veteran member
Default Roll down back window

I own 3 carts.

Two have a back window, the third does not. All are Club Cars, all bought used.

One has a fancy, zip down that was clearly part of the roll down package enclosure.

One has what appears to be a stand-alone that is attached at the roof and snaps up when not used.

The 3rd has nothing and channels a nice draft down your neck, even if you pull the golf club cover out. Nice in July, not so nice at the moment.

I'd prefer to have have something clear to that hangs right behind the seat. I can manage attaching it, I just need the material.

I've tried googling around and searching all the cart type places like Buggies unlimited, but I'm not finding anything that fits.

Suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	backwindow.jpg
Views:	1845
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	91459  
Old 11-09-2021, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

Have you tried the online golf cart parts and accessories websites, try searching golf cart parts, most of these sites have a chat on phone contact number so that you can ask specific questions, buggies unlimited seems to have a lot of stuff.
Old 11-09-2021, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
I own 3 carts.

One has a fancy, zip down that was clearly part of the roll down package enclosure.

One has what appears to be a stand-alone that is attached at the roof and snaps up when not used.

The 3rd has nothing and channels a nice draft down your neck, even if you pull the golf club cover out. Nice in July, not so nice at the moment.

I'd prefer to have have something clear to that hangs right behind the seat. I can manage attaching it, I just need the material.

I've tried googling around and searching all the cart type places like Buggies unlimited, but I'm not finding anything that fits.

Suggestions?
They are usually included as part of a kit. I may have a used piece of channel laying around if you decide to make your own or get a local upholstery shop to fab one. Let me know if I need to go look.

Jeff
Old 11-09-2021, 09:05 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Have you tried the online golf cart parts and accessories websites, try searching golf cart parts, most of these sites have a chat on phone contact number so that you can ask specific questions, buggies unlimited seems to have a lot of stuff.
I haven't tried the chat thing.

Buggies doesn't have anything listed, I've searched them, golf cart king and some others. I can buy a full enclosure, but not just the window.

Is there a golf cart junk yard? I really just need the clear plastic, I can fabricate everything else.
Old 11-09-2021, 09:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJEFE View Post
They are usually included as part of a kit. I may have a used piece of channel laying around if you decide to make your own or get a local upholstery shop to fab one. Let me know if I need to go look.

Jeff
Thanks. One would think I'm not the only person in the world missing a window and offer a replacement. heh.
Old 11-09-2021, 11:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

Quote:
I haven't tried the chat thing.

Buggies doesn't have anything listed, I've searched them, golf cart king and some others. I can buy a full enclosure, but not just the window.

Is there a golf cart junk yard? I really just need the clear plastic, I can fabricate everything else.
OK, I misunderstood, go to Joanns fabrics, they have the heavy duty vinyl that you are looking for, I bought some to fix our cats pet door.
Old 11-09-2021, 12:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
OK, I misunderstood, go to Joanns fabrics, they have the heavy duty vinyl that you are looking for, I bought some to fix our cats pet door.
Ah, ok.

Thanks, let me give that a whirl.
Old 11-09-2021, 03:31 PM

Yes use heavy duty vinyl and get heavy duty black fasteners, like Velcro from Lowe’s and it would be easy to do.
Old 11-10-2021, 06:23 AM
Veteran member
Default Or wear a hat and lite jacket

remember the good old days Days before JFK took off his hat and changed men's fashion history forever?
Old 11-10-2021, 07:02 AM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

look in a boatyard upholstery shop.

Is there a golf cart junk yard? I really just need the clear plastic, I can fabricate everything else.[/QUOTE]
Old 11-10-2021, 07:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
remember the good old days Days before JFK took off his hat and changed men's fashion history forever?

"wear a hat and a light jacket" ?

One of my favorite things of all time was using my 17FT/lb Ariens Platinum 24 Sno Throw. Best power to bucket size ratio you can find. Another favorite was pushing it with the plow on my truck.

I lived in the town in NJ that tops the snow totals every year and "bottoms" the cold totals every year. I worked 8 miles from Manhattan but lived 40 miles away at elevation and the temperatures routinely were 15 degrees colder at home.

It's not that I can't take the cold. I'd much prefer to just ride around in a T-shirt and not have 45 degree air blowing down my neck

Typical winters looked about like this. Here's my little buddy fetching a ball.

He's somewhat adapted to Florida now too. Last night on the cart he was shivering, had to wrap him in my Fleece shirt then he fell asleep.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	storm14.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	91471  
Old 11-10-2021, 07:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadry View Post
look in a boatyard upholstery shop.
I found some clear Vinyl at JoAnn's fabric yesterday and ordered some Velcro from Amazon.

I thought about bolting it up there, and I ultimately may do that, but I want the wife to sew together a nice set of snaps and a fabric retainer before I do that.

I know the other question is "why not use one of the other carts". The one cart is my wife's and while it's got great seats, it's configured for short people. I'm the opposite of that.

The other cart, while nicer, is the one we supply with our rental property and I like to keep it in nice condition. Mine has fat tires, rock lights, rides like a Sherman tank and requires some finesse with the throttle, but it's all mine.
Old 11-10-2021, 09:10 AM

Do a search on this site for golf card enclosure repair. There are several recommendations. Velcro will not work, I tried it. You need zippers.
Old 11-11-2021, 11:50 AM

Quote:
I own 3 carts.

Suggestions?
I went to Lowe's and bought a piece of plexiglass and fastened it to bars back of the seats.
Closed Thread

Tags
nice, roll, club, window, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.