seatbelt installer

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2015, 10:51 AM

Retractable Seat belts can be properly installed on most carts. The problem becomes a cost factor. Custom seats- custom installation and fabrication work. Most companies use a generic seat belt kit. Basically they bolt to the cart and you have seat belts. Will they work in an accident? We all shall see.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:54 AM

Seat belts need to be fastened to the vertical metal bars behind the seat or installed using the kit which includes a horizontal bar which fastens to them. Do not fasten to the seats because the seats are only fastened to the body and pull out in an accident.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Does anyone know of a reputable mechanic who will install seatbelts to carts with Ultimate seats???
Old 05-17-2015, 08:54 AM

Had mine installed at The Villages Golf Carts, $150.00 minus $22.00 for being a VHA member. They have a new style retractable for the Ultimate seats that they just came out with. Salesman thought the price was the same. They have one on the Spanish Springs Showroom floor.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchase View Post
Had mine installed at The Villages Golf Carts, $150.00 minus $22.00 for being a VHA member. They have a new style retractable for the Ultimate seats that they just came out with. Salesman thought the price was the same. They have one on the Spanish Springs Showroom floor.
Good stuff-- thanksbbbbbb
Old 09-07-2015, 07:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Had retractable belts installed a few months ago on my Yamaha at the Villages Golf Carts. Went to Advantage to have some installed on my EZGO. Their answer -no we can't do it . After asking why, I kept getting the brush with a "go away" attitude.

Took my EZGO (with Ultimate seats) to Villages Carts and got the same answer. Kept asking why and finally the service manager came out and after 10 minutes of back and forth, he agreed that we could, in fact ,install retractables- mouted exactly the same way as in the Yamaha. If you want retractables on your EZGO --see Villages Golf Carts. They did nice work. $160 installed on both brands.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:24 AM
Gold member
Default just had it done

on our electric Club Car Precedent and our newer Gas Yamaha. We use Shon of Five Star Golf Carts for all of our servicing, etc. He also explains everything he does to we non-mechanically inclined people.

What we also love is that he comes to the house, and does the work here. If we can't be home when he arrives, we leave the cart in the driveway. Seat belts about same price as Villages Golf Carts, I believe, and you are only without the cart for an hour (or less). He used the updated retractable kind that doesn't keep tightening as you keep driving. We are very pleased.

His phone # is 352-308-6272
Old 10-02-2015, 07:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I saw a golf cart the other day that had the shoulder harness style seat belts. I think they call them three point seat belt, or something like that. There is now a retractable that does not continue tightening as you drive along getting jostled back and forth.
Old 12-08-2015, 03:08 PM

Check The Villages Golf Carts and/or AAA Golf Carts at (352) 288-1192.
They come to your home to install them, but make sure they can be anchored
to the frame of your golf cart so they will hold in case of an accident.

Last edited by Chasam75; 12-08-2015 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Spacing
Old 12-10-2015, 08:09 AM
Location: Birmingham, AL, Destin, FL, St. Petersburg, FL, New Orleans, LA - Oct 2012 ~ Tamarind Grove
Default Shoulder Belts at Village Discount Golf Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
I saw a golf cart the other day that had the shoulder harness style seat belts. I think they call them three point seat belt, or something like that. There is now a retractable that does not continue tightening as you drive along getting jostled back and forth.
You are correct -- there is now a shoulder/lap seatbelt available. I am on a list waiting for them to come in at Village Discount Golf Car on 466 across from Haciendas of Mission Hills. Phone: 352-633-8480. If you call or go in, ask for Christine and tell them Susan sent you. If they are what you want - get on the list!! Price on Yamaha cart is $279 installed I believe.

They do have a cart on the showroom floor you can sit in and try the belt on. I just bought another cart from them & feel much safer with the upgraded LED Hi/Lo beams as well as Liquid Lights and soon shoulder belts. Be safe & be seen is the key to using our carts.

Last edited by Susan G; 12-11-2015 at 02:06 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.