Seatbelts in Golf Cars, advice please

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2020, 07:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenflash245 View Post
have the dealer fit the bel to you. end of problem
Not all dealers are the same. It was a dealer that had the seat belts riding high. But I now have a good starting point thanks to others who replied.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:31 AM

Seat belts are a great idea considering most golf cart injuries are from people falling out of the cart. Just get the belts adjusted properly.
Old 04-20-2020, 08:26 AM

I would use The Villsges golf carts for seat belts. I had mine done there & the are easy to use & very comfortable. Must better than the ones in my husband's cart.
Old 04-20-2020, 08:35 AM

I had seat belts installed by The Villages shortly after buying them without. I would not even think about driving around here without them! Mine are quite comfortable. Unfortunately in a cart there are limited points where seatbelts can be attached, and the design of the golf cart did not necessarily consider this. Cars are quite the opposite.
Bottom line, get them and use them, comfortable or not. In my observations having lived here for 5 years most cart accident deaths and serious injury result from being thrown from the cart.
Old 04-20-2020, 08:44 AM

Seat belts on the back seats for sure .... it is whiplike on back seats. Front seats? You are correct that they cut in the wrong place.
Old 04-20-2020, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi View Post
Need advice please. In the golf cars that I've tired with seat belts I've noticed the belts ride too high and cross above the hip bones which is not good since this could cause internal damage should there ever be an accident. In road vehicles they are required to cross on the hip bones which I would think is how they should be in golf cars as well. Are the belts installed differently depending on who does the work? Who would you recommend for proper installation and positioning of the belt?
Thank you.
Go to Bill Bryan Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Fruitland Park on Rt441 and try out a GEM cart. I love them.
Old 04-20-2020, 03:35 PM
Default Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi View Post
Need advice please. In the golf cars that I've tired with seat belts I've noticed the belts ride too high and cross above the hip bones which is not good since this could cause internal damage should there ever be an accident. In road vehicles they are required to cross on the hip bones which I would think is how they should be in golf cars as well. Are the belts installed differently depending on who does the work? Who would you recommend for proper installation and positioning of the belt?
Thank you.
If they are not at least a 3 point system, they are useless.
Old 04-21-2020, 07:17 AM
Veteran member

Get airline style seatbelts, with two parts that buckle in the middle. Automotive type belts, with the buckle on the side tend to ride higher, and are more difficult to adjust.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDRACKE View Post
My wife had a golf car accident and damage was done when she fell out, there was no impact. Get the seat belts and don’t worry about where it crosses the body. You are normally safer if you stay in the cart and are not thrown out.
Thanks for the suggestion EDRACKE. I do prefer to have the belt fit properly though. It really can cause significant internal damage in the abdominal area when it does not fit properly. For safety it needs to be supported by the hip bones so it can't crush internal organs in an accident.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:09 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nn0wheremann View Post
Get airline style seatbelts, with two parts that buckle in the middle. Automotive type belts, with the buckle on the side tend to ride higher, and are more difficult to adjust.
That's interesting.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, cars, belts, bones, cross

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.