Security of golf carts

Closed Thread
Old 05-19-2020, 09:10 AM

Reference to note about Brownwood Hotel golf cart access:

Absolutely incorrect. Follow the path on the outside around the bunglows towards the hotel - you'll see a crossover to the hotel parking lot. This gives golf cart access to the hotel and the medical center.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,129 Times in 2,241 Posts

I invested $10, and about 30 minutes and changed the key switch to a uniquely keyed automotive ignition switch, this will at least slow down a thief. It also has the advantage of having an accessory position that can be used for a radio.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martynpat View Post
If you're talking about the new hotel, I was by there last week and golf carts aren't allowed access to the hotel.
Don't know how you got that idea. Carts can easily access the area.

From Brownwood, take Brownwood Blvd and cross Powell Road (must use the tunnel) to get to Traverse Plaza. Drive to Flippers Pizza at the end of the Plaza, and then cross the road (Leland Lane) to the hotel's parking lot. Easy.

Same route to access the new Medical Center next to the hotel.

Do you honestly think the Developer would build a hotel and a prime medical center without golf car access?
Old 05-19-2020, 10:01 AM
Veteran member

Rent the cart and enjoy. I think it's the only way to experience TV. A lot of good advise here. I would personally suggest you ignore the one negative poster here. Haven't seen anything from that person that is remotely positive.
Old 05-19-2020, 10:22 AM

Been here 14 yrs never a problem. But as the previous comment said you will be in a newer more remote area and there a little more accessible . Check with rental company for insurance . Should be cheap to insure .
Old 05-19-2020, 11:16 AM

I would cancel my reservation at the Brownwood hotel and try one of the villages lifestyle reservations as it's very inexpensive and comes with the golf cart included in the nightly price for about $100 a night total. This gives you a beautiful full courtyard Villa house to use which gives you a kitchen and privacy as it is fenced in. It is in the same general area as the Brownwood hotel as right next to Brownwood square. It's a much better deal than staying at the hotel and you'll have neighbors who can give you suggestions of things to do etc. My cousin and his wife stayed there recently and said it was a fabulous deal and a very nice home. Good luck
Old 05-19-2020, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonavy88 View Post
We are coming for a visit and will be renting a golf cart for about a week, staying at the Brownwood Hotel. Wanted to get some advice on whether we should get a locking device for the golf cart when leaving it overnight or going to a restaurant for an extended period of time with no visibility. Something like the club that goes through the steering wheel and the frame of the cart? Thanks, any advice is greatly appreciated.
Yes, you should.
My sister and brother in law had theirs stolen right out of restaurant parking lot while they were inside.
Never recovered.
It can't hurt to take precautions and avoid the hassle of finding it stolen, dealing with police and resulting paperwork.
Good luck!
Old 05-19-2020, 02:29 PM

You will not be isolated To Brownwood you can get anywhere north in the villages and when the bridges are done you’ll be able to get south to Fenney. It slow and relaxing and a great way to travel and see everything
Old 05-19-2020, 02:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaufnelson View Post
I would cancel my reservation at the Brownwood hotel and try one of the villages lifestyle reservations as it's very inexpensive and comes with the golf cart included in the nightly price for about $100 a night total.
I thought I read someplace that Lifestyle visits would not be taking place until the Fall due to the virus thing. Anyone else hear something similar or did I dream it?

kathy
Old 05-19-2020, 03:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
I thought I read someplace that Lifestyle visits would not be taking place until the Fall due to the virus thing. Anyone else hear something similar or did I dream it?

kathy
I think you dreamed it....have friends doing a visit the end of June....at least as of last week. I guess that could change but for now, seems they are good to go.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-19-2020, 03:10 PM

Hi, for what it is worth, beautiful hotel and right by the square. You made a great choice. Yes, the hotel has security but know that they must make rounds so the parking lot isn’t always watched other than cameras. And cameras only help after.
During the day your cart is fine if you take your keys. It may be fine in the hotel parking lot, but I think your idea of a steering wheel lock is a smart idea over night.
Old 05-19-2020, 03:17 PM

Whoever you rent from should have golf cart insurance. I do on mine. It covers the drivers and damage and theft. I would also make sure you can park a cart at the hotel, according to that post someone said you can't. I know you can at the Waterfront inn. Can't understand why you couldn't park especially for the restaurant Wolf gang Puck.
Old 05-19-2020, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanst View Post
Buy insurance, it's much less hassle.
There is no insurance available on rental carts
Old 05-19-2020, 03:37 PM

Rental carts do not have insurance. Check with your insurance provider but I think you will find they will not cover you either. It is like when you go on vacation and rent jet skis. At your own risk as they say.
Old 05-19-2020, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybaby40 View Post
Been here 14 yrs never a problem. But as the previous comment said you will be in a newer more remote area and there a little more accessible . Check with rental company for insurance . Should be cheap to insure .
There is no insurance on rental carts available from the rental cart companies.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, cart, advice, visibility, period

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.