Sliders or roll up...

Closed Thread
Old 11-01-2020, 09:20 AM
Question Sliders or roll up...

Are there any disadvantages having sliding golf cart doors instead of roll-up vinyl?
Old 11-01-2020, 11:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,301 Times in 864 Posts

I prefer to have an open cart, I even have the windshield down most of the time. In colder weather I will put the rear and rear quarter panels down but the sides stay up. In rainy weather and cold weather I will need to expend the 5 minutes to put the sides down, it the weather is really cold I take the car......I suspect the total time the cart is totally enclosed is less than 15 days a year and that is primarily when I'm out and get caught in the rain and even then, I only enclose one side. Some people will tell you the sliders are great when they first get them, then over time they rattle and you know they are always there. Some will tell you it's easier to just slide them closed when caught in the rain or cold. Others will tell you there is nothing that compares with sliders, they are convenient, give you more flexibility. In short, some folks love/hate vinyl and some love/hate sliders ....it's a personal preference. Depends on how you will use the cart. I have a friend that has two carts, one with and one without. The weather forecast determines which one he takes however, his wife has first choice

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 11-01-2020, 11:59 AM

enclosed...only way to go
Old 11-01-2020, 12:58 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy (SSBN 633) View Post
enclosed...only way to go
I agree
Old 11-02-2020, 08:55 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Roll down if you like to enjoy the outdoors. If the weather is going to be that bad use a car.
Old 11-02-2020, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I prefer to have an open cart, I even have the windshield down most of the time. In colder weather I will put the rear and rear quarter panels down but the sides stay up. In rainy weather and cold weather I will need to expend the 5 minutes to put the sides down, it the weather is really cold I take the car......I suspect the total time the cart is totally enclosed is less than 15 days a year and that is primarily when I'm out and get caught in the rain and even then, I only enclose one side. Some people will tell you the sliders are great when they first get them, then over time they rattle and you know they are always there. Some will tell you it's easier to just slide them closed when caught in the rain or cold. Others will tell you there is nothing that compares with sliders, they are convenient, give you more flexibility. In short, some folks love/hate vinyl and some love/hate sliders ....it's a personal preference. Depends on how you will use the cart. I have a friend that has two carts, one with and one without. The weather forecast determines which one he takes however, his wife has first choice
I feel pretty much the same way but I would add that sliders are heavier and not as streamlined as rolled up vinyl so they will affect your mileage.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 11-11-2020, 05:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I feel pretty much the same way but I would add that sliders are heavier and not as streamlined as rolled up vinyl so they will affect your mileage.
And wear cart out quicker pulling and carrying the extra weight.
Old 11-11-2020, 05:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

I have the roll up sides; my wife has the MEE cab with the sliding doors; she loves it, I like the openness of my cart.
Old 11-11-2020, 06:13 PM
Platinum member

I saw a cart that is kind of the best of both. The cart had roll up sides, but they were on a pulley system. To put down you just pulled the chain. The lady who owned the cart “loved” them because she could lower them quickly without getting out of the cart. Maybe one of the knowledgeable folks here will know the name of the manufacturer or dealer.
Old 11-11-2020, 06:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,930 Times in 2,700 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
I have the roll up sides; my wife has the MEE cab with the sliding doors; she loves it, I like the openness of my cart.
I am a roll up guy also, and it is extremely rare the sides ever get put down. The more open the cart the better, including keeping the windshield folded down. Personal preference.
Old 11-12-2020, 04:16 PM

I prefer the curtains. I think it is cooler, especially in the summer months. and it only takes a minute to roll down the curtains. I keep the back side curtains down all the time, but don't ever use the back curtain. then when it rains I just roll down 2 side panels. I did find I have to use a fan inside when the curtains are down as it tends to fog up.
Closed Thread

Tags
sliders, sliding, roll-up, doors, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.