snowbird golf cart

Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2009, 10:52 PM
Default snowbird golf cart

We have purchased a home in the villages and I was wondering if anyone out there can give me more info about this. We were advised that a snowbird shouldn't buy an electric cart. The reasoning was that for every day that you don't run the cart, the batteries drain, therefore leaving you with dead batteries or next to useless ones when you return to the villages. I really don't care for the noise and smell of gas carts, but I wouldn't want to have to keep buying batteries for an electric one. Am I making sense to anyone? Should we just rent a cart for the time we are in the villages? I'm confused.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Sage

We are snowbirds with an electric cart. Our home care people plug it in on a regular basis. No problems with batteries.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:31 AM
Veteran member

We are also snowbirds with an electric cart. Ours has a setting on it called "tow" that we were told to leave it in when not in use for an extended time. Then we have Redwitch who watches our place plug it in and run it around the block every so often (can't remember how often she does that).

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 06-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Veteran member

We also have an electric golf cart and our Homewatch person Handie checks the batteries and drives the cart to make sure it is working properly.
No problems so far.

Halle
Old 06-20-2009, 09:55 AM
Platinum member

With gas carts, depending on how long you are gone, the gas may turn bad after a few months unless you treat it. So you have pros and cons for both. But even with an electric cart, with the batteries being dead, all you have to do is plug it in and charge it overnight and it should be good to go!
Old 06-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Red face

This is tiger i have had my electric cart for 2 years and by turning off the tow switch and disconnecting the battery i am fine for a long time. Tiger
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.