Southern Cart Works

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Default Southern Cart Works

Has anyone had experience with Southern Cart Works in Fruitland Park for service work on their electric golf cart?

Has anyone had any issues with the service department at Cart World on 441?
Old 02-05-2013, 06:12 PM

I had them (Southern) work on my Yamaha electric's drive train... leak in differential seal. Seemed reasonable and done quickly in their shop.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Q View Post
Has anyone had experience with Southern Cart Works in Fruitland Park for service work on their electric golf cart?

They built and service our golf cart........extremely nice people and a great working relationship........

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 02-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Send a message via AIM to Grill Meister Send a message via Yahoo to Grill Meister

Quote:

I have used Cart World and found them very professional and they do good work
Old 02-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Exclamation Beware !

BEWARE !! I just had the worst / life threatening experience at SOUTHERN CART WORKS... For a $45 fee, they picked up my cart and were to bring it to their shop to see why it was no longer doing 20-21 MPH. Cart was running great, but top speed was at a steady 16-17 MPH. I was never called with a diagnostic and quote to repair. Instead the call was to tell me that they'd found the problem, fixed it, and that the cart was running like new at 20-21 MPH....Cost: $369 which included 1.5 hour labor. Though I was baffled by the fact that they would go ahead and make such costly repairs without my consent...I agreed to meet them back at my home within the hour so they could deliver my cart. Upon arriving, I was shown the part that had been replaced (M-Core). Giving them the benefit of the doubt, I chose to ignore the fact that this same part had been replaced in front of me three weeks prior in a matter of 30 minutes. I took the cart for a quick spin with the young girl delivering the cart before paying, only to find that the cart was running no differently, still doing the same 16-17 MPH on my cell phone's app, 18 MPH on a police post down the street from my home. Despite the fact that she was seeing the results of the test run, the very annoyed and angry young woman (in her 20's) told me to get off my cart so she could load it up, and bring it back to the shop, or she'd call the police and have me arrested for fraud. Please note, I never even raised my voice at this woman. Not wanting matters to get worse, I agreed to have the cart be brought back to the shop. There I met Leesa Gillete and guy, whom I believe are the owners of the shop. As I attempted to explain (without raising my voice, or offending anyone) how that part had been changed recently, and the cart was running no differently than when they picked it up...the guy kept getting more and more irate. I kept trying to defuse the situation, and reminding him that I had not said I wouldn't pay, simply that the cart was not doing the speed they'd told me over the phone. This only enraged him more it seems...and he turned around and punched a huge hole in the wall of his office, before heading towards me and threatening to kill me. Fortunately for both of us, some male employee was able to hold him back, while I headed outside to my car in disbelief of what had just happened. Not knowing what my options were, I called the police...I was told they couldn't get involved for this was a civil matter. I had to pay, or I wasn't getting my cart back. I agreed, and figured I'd take it up in court...now they weren't willing to take my credit card as previously agreed, now they wanted cash only. They were closing, and I didn't have that much cash on me...so I had to go back the next day. Good thing I thought of having a policeman accompany me, for this guy hadn't had enough, and was still being sarcastic, and yelling stuff. This seems to be a very dysfunctional group/family....an accident waiting to happen. Do yourself a favor, and avoid this place. Thank you for taking the time to read this...spread the word, and you may just save someone from being ripped off, and even save a life or two in the process.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:

Used Southern Cart for my new batteries and I was very pleased with the prompt service, pick up, diagnosis and delivery as well as price. Would definately use them again.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,361 Times in 2,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayMan View Post
BEWARE !! I just had the worst / life threatening experience at SOUTHERN CART WORKS... For a $45 fee, they picked up my cart and were to bring it to their shop to see why it was no longer doing 20-21 MPH. Cart was running great, but top speed was at a steady 16-17 MPH. I was never called with a diagnostic and quote to repair. Instead the call was to tell me that they'd found the problem, fixed it, and that the cart was running like new at 20-21 MPH....Cost: $369 which included 1.5 hour labor. Though I was baffled by the fact that they would go ahead and make such costly repairs without my consent...I agreed to meet them back at my home within the hour so they could deliver my cart. Upon arriving, I was shown the part that had been replaced (M-Core). Giving them the benefit of the doubt, I chose to ignore the fact that this same part had been replaced in front of me three weeks prior in a matter of 30 minutes. I took the cart for a quick spin with the young girl delivering the cart before paying, only to find that the cart was running no differently, still doing the same 16-17 MPH on my cell phone's app, 18 MPH on a police post down the street from my home. Despite the fact that she was seeing the results of the test run, the very annoyed and angry young woman (in her 20's) told me to get off my cart so she could load it up, and bring it back to the shop, or she'd call the police and have me arrested for fraud. Please note, I never even raised my voice at this woman. Not wanting matters to get worse, I agreed to have the cart be brought back to the shop. There I met Leesa Gillete and guy, whom I believe are the owners of the shop. As I attempted to explain (without raising my voice, or offending anyone) how that part had been changed recently, and the cart was running no differently than when they picked it up...the guy kept getting more and more irate. I kept trying to defuse the situation, and reminding him that I had not said I wouldn't pay, simply that the cart was not doing the speed they'd told me over the phone. This only enraged him more it seems...and he turned around and punched a huge hole in the wall of his office, before heading towards me and threatening to kill me. Fortunately for both of us, some male employee was able to hold him back, while I headed outside to my car in disbelief of what had just happened. Not knowing what my options were, I called the police...I was told they couldn't get involved for this was a civil matter. I had to pay, or I wasn't getting my cart back. I agreed, and figured I'd take it up in court...now they weren't willing to take my credit card as previously agreed, now they wanted cash only. They were closing, and I didn't have that much cash on me...so I had to go back the next day. Good thing I thought of having a policeman accompany me, for this guy hadn't had enough, and was still being sarcastic, and yelling stuff. This seems to be a very dysfunctional group/family....an accident waiting to happen. Do yourself a favor, and avoid this place. Thank you for taking the time to read this...spread the word, and you may just save someone from being ripped off, and even save a life or two in the process.
The guy punching holes in the wall sounds like a nut case.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:21 PM

Thank you for taking the time to give such a detailed reply. I am sorry I am just reading it now as it got rather busy for a couple of months. I appreciate all who responded.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:

No, but we have tried several. The very best for quality, honesty, and reasonable priced electric golf repairs and service is Willie's Golf Cart Service and Repair - 352-255-1369. He is the only one we trust with our carts!
Old 07-28-2013, 04:19 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

From my experience, both Southern Cart and Cart World know what they're doing. However, I totally agree with Ann -- Willie is the best!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 07-29-2013, 06:30 AM

Quote:
AVOID Southern Cart Works...moody, and unprofessional owners, and staff. I've been using Todd Cassey (352) 246-6691....he and his staff are professional, knowledgeable, and most important honest.
I've also used Todd Casey and was extremely pleased with both the service and the price.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
AVOID Southern Cart Works...moody, and unprofessional owners, and staff. I've been using Todd Casey (352) 246-6691....he and his staff are professional, knowledgeable, and most important honest.
Per a fellow TV owner who uses them, we talked with SCW owners, and they were very pleasant down to earth folks. Brian was very knowledgeable. They do repairs, rebuild engines, and sell reconditioned gas Club Car with custom paint. I saw their work first hand and I was impressed with their off the body overhauls. Brian said they lived in the Villages, so I'm surprised that they would treat TV folks so rudely, that would be bad for business. He liked Club Car over Yamaha, stating fully pressurized oil lubricated Kawasaki gas engine with oil filters and aluminum frames vs. Yamaha oil sling lubrication and steel frames that can rust in the Florida weather. Anyone have experience with purchasing one of their reconditioned units?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.