Speed Up Gas Club Car

Speed Up Gas Club Car

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Speed Up Gas Club Car
Old 08-12-2019, 09:41 AM

Default Speed Up Gas Club Car

Has anyone had their new Onward Club Car golf cart governor adjusted to increase the speed? I have the Kohler engine.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:22 AM

Check the laws before you speed up your cart.......If aught over the speed limit you face a very hefty fine.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel View Post
Check the laws before you speed up your cart.......If aught over the speed limit you face a very hefty fine.
Plus.... “license and insurance required” if on the street and it is “capable” of going faster than 20 mph.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:39 AM

Youtube is your friend
Club Car Precedent Speed Increase SUPER EASY!!! - YouTube
Old 08-21-2019, 03:06 PM
Platinum member

Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

If yoo want I could share with you how going 23mph in my cart resulted in a $350 ticket.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRX View Post
If yoo want I could share with you how going 23mph in my cart resulted in a $350 ticket.
AH, words of wisdom, in the last week I have personally clocked at least a dozen carts going 25 to 30 mph, mostly on Morse, Buena Vista (an estimate as they are going on a parallel path), and some of the associated multi-modal streets.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:30 PM
Gold member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

Take your cart out for a ride, and while doing the legal speed limit try slamming on your brakes like you might have to do sometimes to avoid an accident. After doing that I think you will reconsider modifying the cart.
Maybe you got a break
Old 08-22-2019, 08:14 AM

Default Maybe you got a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRX View Post
I’m thinking you probably got a break, my cart tops out at 31 mph with 2 passengers. And it’s a good feeling to know you have enough power to pull out and make a turn on Morse. But I try to keep it under 22 which seems to be the high norm in the villages. When I purchased the cart the owner said he was selling it because it was way to fast for him. I keep telling myself I’m retired so I’m not going to be late for anything so there’s no reason to speed. Yes I know 22 technically is speeding.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:16 AM
Sage

Had my gas Yamaha four seater serviced at The Villages Golf Carts. When asked about what speed I wanted I requested that they turn it up all the way. I am now screaming along at 20 mph. Which is probably as fast as one should go in a golf cart.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2019, 10:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
I’m thinking you probably got a break, my cart tops out at 31 mph with 2 passengers. And it’s a good feeling to know you have enough power to pull out and make a turn on Morse. But I try to keep it under 22 which seems to be the high norm in the villages. When I purchased the cart the owner said he was selling it because it was way to fast for him. I keep telling myself I’m retired so I’m not going to be late for anything so there’s no reason to speed. Yes I know 22 technically is speeding.
If the police pull you over and decide to check how fast your cart goes, you will be in for a ticket, several fines, the cost to have your cart reset and certified to go only 20 MPH and a court date. As soon as the cart can GO OVER 20 MPH, it becomes a Low Speed Vehicle and is required to meet all of those vehicles requirements. We got rid of our older cart which could go 26 MPH, now have a nice new one that goes 20 MPH and we are quite happy.

Tags
car, club, speed, increase, adjusted