Suggestions please for cart updates.

Suggestions please for cart updates.

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 02-12-2019, 07:42 PM

I don’t intend to highjack this thread, and if needed, (moderator) please split this off.

How do most people bring their dog with them in the cart with two people already in the cart? The upgraded (bucket) seats seem to have center arm rests. Where does the puppy ride?

(I am NOT talking about golfing or to the grocery story (Who REALLY does that!?!?!). I was thinking when we bring the little guy (27# labradoodle) to the dog park, etc.

Thanks and again, PLEASE DON’T LET ME SIDELINE THIS GOOD TOPIC!

Old 02-12-2019, 10:39 PM
Veteran member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
I don’t intend to highjack this thread, and if needed, (moderator) please split this off.

How do most people bring their dog with them in the cart with two people already in the cart? The upgraded (bucket) seats seem to have center arm rests. Where does the puppy ride?

(I am NOT talking about golfing or to the grocery story (Who REALLY does that!?!?!). I was thinking when we bring the little guy (27# labradoodle) to the dog park, etc.

Thanks and again, PLEASE DON’T LET ME SIDELINE THIS GOOD TOPIC!
That is actually a very good question. We have upgraded seats in both of our golf carts, and both are dog friendly so our boarder collie can sit in the middle between us. There are several options of seats available, mostly bucket seats, but also some very comfortable bench style seats. There are also bucket seats for the back rest, with a bench style for the actual seat. Both options work for the dogs and are way more comfortable than OEM seats. Our bench style seat from Ultimate golf cart seats is my favorite. Our bucket seat back, with a bench sitting area, from El Tigre is also good, but the bucket seat back does not seem to be a great fit for my back (too narrow). It is still way more comfortable than the OEM seat, just not ideal.

Neither dog friendly seat is as comfortable as our friends new cart with true bucket seats, but our dog would not ride comfortably in that cart. I would rather have a really good seat than a perfect seat, with our little girl's head resting on my leg while I drive the cart : )
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2019, 06:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Seatbelts are a great upgrade, but I like the adjustable, not the retractable. Every time you move the retractable belts get tighter and you have to take them off and re-attach them to get them looser.

They even tighten up when you take a deep breath. Your stomach draws in and so does the belt. I replaced mine with adjustable.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:15 AM

When I ordered my cart I had the dealer install rear speakers With Bluetooth. You can get a free subscription to Spotify If you're willing to put up with a few ads, Or you can subscribe for 10 bucks a month which is 50% cheaper than Sirius.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:04 AM
Veteran member

Just had retractable seat belts installed on my cart at the dealer in Brownwood, $149
Old 02-17-2019, 10:14 AM
Veteran member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmarkp View Post
When I ordered my cart I had the dealer install rear speakers With Bluetooth. You can get a free subscription to Spotify If you're willing to put up with a few ads, Or you can subscribe for 10 bucks a month which is 50% cheaper than Sirius.
We got a UE Boom2 bluetooth speaker that is shaped to fit into a cup holder that sounds great. I mounted a cup holder for the speaker on the cart frame just below the roof behind the driver and no one can see it unless really looking for it. I also use the Spotify app on my phone as a music source and love it. Also, there is no real need to install a USB port for charging devices, just keep a portable back-up power cell handy if a quick charge is needed.

Tags
adding, cart, speedometer, suggestions, updates