Value of golf cart

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Default Value of golf cart

I am thinking about selling our 1998 Club Car Elec. 2 seater. It was remanufactured at some point not sure when, just got new trojan batteries put in it. Hasn't given us a bit of trouble since we bought it a year and a half ago. Just thinking about getting into a four seater. Any thoughts on what I could sell it for. It's very clean looking and in excellant running condition.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:51 AM
Gold member
Default Good Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGx2 View Post
I am thinking about selling our 1998 Club Car Elec. 2 seater. It was remanufactured at some point not sure when, just got new trojan batteries put in it. Hasn't given us a bit of trouble since we bought it a year and a half ago. Just thinking about getting into a four seater. Any thoughts on what I could sell it for. It's very clean looking and in excellant running condition.
As you've probably found out there is no "Blue Book" for golf carts. Check out the paper's ads,and used cart dealers.
Good luck.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Platinum member

You might try going around SS Square and look at all of the carts for sale. There are usually several for sale later in the day. Don't go today though-the cruise in is today and the square is blocked off.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Sage

It is tough to value, I am going through the same thing with my 2000 Par Car. Things that will increase its value to a "knowing buyer":
  • Anything that is upgraded from stock, i.e., motor, controller, wheels and tires.
  • Quality of enclosure
  • Condition of battery compartment, did the the owners keep clean, etc.
  • Condition of batteries

The paper is a great place to get an idea of value. If you want a low ball number call some of the ads in the paper that will "pay top dollar" for your cart. If nothing else it is a data point.

I just bought a 2002 Club Car DS 48V, that was re manufactured in 2008. It is spotless, great enclosure, slightly enhanced motor (22 MPH), but the batteries are three years old (deduct $400) and will need to be replaced next year. I paid $2050. Good deal or not? Not sure, but it is a data point and my wife loved it, so what could I do?

Where were you last week, I would have told you your cart is worth $1300 and offered to take it off your hands
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.