Thanks to all posters on the Golf Cart preference threads

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Location: Augusta, GA, West Germany, France, Aurora, Colorado, Lexington, Virginia, Cooper City, FL, Villages
Default Thanks to all posters on the Golf Cart preference threads

Never having bought a golf cart before, I spent a lot of time doing due diligence by test driving and reading the threads on TOTV. Very valuable to my ultimate decision. I switched my strong preference for gas-powered to electric and ultimately chose an EZ Go 2009 model with all the bells and whistles. Couple of points. I was persuaded to "Buy American"..it's the one elective contribution we all can make these days to support our economy, and I'm partially motivated to support my hometown, Augusta, Georgia, where I was raised as a boy, and where the EZ Go (Textron) plant is located (a suburb called Martinez).

The AC motor is what convinced me, added by the sleek styling, and low silhouette. It is fast, and doesn't slow when hilly terrain is encountered, and is easy on batteries.

Lastly, like all good sales-customer experiences, I learned to trust the guys at Town & Country Golf Carts near Spanish Springs Square. Kyle and BJ are the best, and my military nature is ask detailed questions and determine if they can answer the follow-ups to tertiary questions that drill down to facts only experts can know. They never tried to "up sell" me, and instead, when prompted, guided me through my decision process. They invited me to take a cart anywhere I wanted and test drive it with no regard for when I brought it back and where it went. I learned they stood apart from other brands dealers who were former used car salesmen and/or would say anything to close a sale. Kyle and BJ are just two honest guys having fun at making a living and pleasing customers.

But, it has been the after-sales experience that impressed me most.

I ordered custom seats and matching Sunbrella pattern for the side curtains that took time to arrive. Without being prompted, each time something came in, they picked up the cart, installed the part in hours, and brought it back. Later, I detected some swirls and superficial scratches on the front body (cowl). I didn't think that was acceptable for a new vehicle. And Kyle and BJ didn't either. After all, they have been in the golf cart business for twenty years or more, and they know that back-end sales, good service, and a sense of fair play are chief among reasons that drive customers to their store. So, they ordered a new front body and again picked the cart up and installed it and the new Sunbrella curtains in a few hours, and in time for us to enjoy the cart during the July 4 holiday.

This has been a little syrupy, I admit, and it is not meant to be an infomercial for Town & Country, but if others have had my experience, there is no doubt this dealer has the bubble for good prices (beat all others), service and customer satisfaction. Shame one has to single out a dealer for just doing a good job these days, but in contrast to so many other stories I've read here, maybe my comments will be helpful to some.

And tip of the hat to all you posters who took the time to recount your experiences and give advice.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Sage

Thanks for taking to time to post your follow-up message.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Very good follow up post which should be helpful for future Villagers seeking info on carts and dealers....GN
Old 07-15-2009, 11:04 AM

Dear Sonny- TERRIFIC !!! Please review below & let me know your thoughts- I'll be at our new home at TV AUG 6th. I've researched carts for over a year. I'm 99% Sold on electric EZ Go 2009 model with all the bells and whistles.Your post makes me feel it's the Right Call. I've been working with STACY at the Factory outlet. Their current deal is $6,900 + tax with lots of stuff. Did you check out the store N or 42 on 441? Below are the Bells & Whisles- How doesd this package compare?
Sunbrella Enclosure (500)
Club Protector (185)
Center Convex Mirror (30) (3644)
12 pk Cooler (50) (71048G01)
Sand Bottle (15) ea. (607104)
Tinted Windshield (125) (RXVWS)
10" 205/50/10 upgrade(275) (605317)
Sun Canopy (Stone or Oyster)
Battery Fill System/W Gun or Tank(205)
names and pinstripes(30)
Thanks-CARIBBEANAL
Old 07-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

Hi Sonny, that's a very thoughtful report, thanks.

I'm a year or two from buying a cart, if I chose today, I THINK it's the EZGO,
what I'd like to get is not just the new vehicle , but how is it a year or two later on after a few miles are on it. So, give a follow up if you would, in 2010 and/or 2011. Thanks bud.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Location: Augusta, GA, West Germany, France, Aurora, Colorado, Lexington, Virginia, Cooper City, FL, Villages
Default Follow-up

I certainly will. This forum serves a good purpose if we can pass on our golf-cart experiences.

Batteries will be the biggest variable as they attenuate (lose effective power) on the average about 10% a year, so I'm expecting some degradation, and that's if they are well-maintained (keep distilled water levels at recommended level..one of the least but most important maintenance chores of an owner).

If the motor holds up, and frame, suspension still give a good ride, then it will meet normal, expected parameters.

Sonny
Old 07-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Default Tip of the Hat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribbeanAl View Post
Dear Sonny- TERRIFIC !!! Please review below & let me know your thoughts- I'll be at our new home at TV AUG 6th. I've researched carts for over a year. I'm 99% Sold on electric EZ Go 2009 model with all the bells and whistles.Your post makes me feel it's the Right Call. I've been working with STACY at the Factory outlet. Their current deal is $6,900 + tax with lots of stuff. Did you check out the store N or 42 on 441? Below are the Bells & Whisles- How doesd this package compare?
Sunbrella Enclosure (500)
Club Protector (185)
Center Convex Mirror (30) (3644)
12 pk Cooler (50) (71048G01)
Sand Bottle (15) ea. (607104)
Tinted Windshield (125) (RXVWS)
10" 205/50/10 upgrade(275) (605317)
Sun Canopy (Stone or Oyster)
Battery Fill System/W Gun or Tank(205)
names and pinstripes(30)
Thanks-CARIBBEANAL
Sounds like a good deal to me.

Sonny
Old 07-29-2009, 09:51 AM
Default A good deal

Thank you
Old 08-22-2009, 08:41 PM

I like that new ac motor on the ezgo. That does look like a fair deal _ where can I find the dealer for that price??
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.