Time spent traveling in your cart

Time spent traveling in your cart

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 08-04-2019, 08:55 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Neighbor has an electric....has it set for 25 MPH. More that fast enough for a cart.
How is it possible to "set" and electric cart to go faster than the preset from the factory? Is your neighbor's cart a street legal cart?

Old 08-04-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
How is it possible to "set" and electric cart to go faster than the preset from the factory? Is your neighbor's cart a street legal cart?
There is software that is used by the factory or authorized technicians to set the limits. That software is available and many people can adjust it for you if you want to go faster.

However, remember the golf cart is a glorified lawn mower and not a dumbed down racing car. The suspension was not designed to go much faster and it can become unstable.
Old 08-05-2019, 06:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
There is software that is used by the factory or authorized technicians to set the limits. That software is available and many people can adjust it for you if you want to go faster.

However, remember the golf cart is a glorified lawn mower and not a dumbed down racing car. The suspension was not designed to go much faster and it can become unstable.
Wait until there is a need to avoid something on a cart doing 25 mph. Not much hope for a quick stop either.
Old 08-05-2019, 08:24 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
My wife often makes similar comments about my driving in our car
My husband's stepmother wore a hole through the floor of the passenger side of the car with her high heels. She had never learned to drive.
Old 08-05-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
My husband's stepmother wore a hole through the floor of the passenger side of the car with her high heels. She had never learned to drive.
My wife constantly complains that I need to get the brakes fixed on the passenger side of our car.

Old 09-20-2019, 11:28 AM

I take my dog on two golf cart rides a day, ending at a rec center for his walk or to the dog park . 5 year old cart had 52,000 miles on it . They are also much easier to find a parking space for . Gas is the only choice. There is NO warning when an electric runs out of charge ; the gauges are not linear .
The Following User Says Thank You to gary lovell For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2019, 12:07 PM
Sage

I wonder if any Yamaha Gas Cart has ever broken the 75,000 or 100,000-mile mark without an Engine Block Replacement? That would be some selling point, wouldn't it? GrumyOldMan, why not call J & J Golf Cart Rental and esplain to them what you're trying to accomplish Phone: 352 259-9701.

Sharon Star at The Villages Golf Cart 352-750-3410 and esplain to her the thing you are trying to decide. I believe your decision will be a whole lot easier than you think it is. You could flip a coin.

Nobody told you our new friend, once you decide which kind of cart now you have to decide from where? Oh Boy! Everybody, Mostly Everybody had the best place to buy a cart. You are doing great. Most people have the same indecision as you.

I just can't get the vision of a friend of ours who needed batteries in both of his Pristine E-Z Golf Carts and got the news about both inside of one week. The Tears In His Eyes were Gigantic. It was sad to see him have to face the music! $$$ He fixed one and bought a beautiful brand new Yamaha Gas from The Villages Golf Carts. Imagine Pull in, report the problem drive out in a loaner inside of 15 minutes. No waiting for a repairman to show at your house. Good Luck Grump. You are going to do fine.
Old 09-20-2019, 01:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary lovell View Post
I take my dog on two golf cart rides a day, ending at a rec center for his walk or to the dog park . 5 year old cart had 52,000 miles on it . They are also much easier to find a parking space for . Gas is the only choice. There is NO warning when an electric runs out of charge ; the gauges are not linear .
Another fear post.....you like gas, some of us like electric....oh yeah, there is warning when you get low but you should never get low...plug it into the socket very night and you will get 40-60 miles in the morning. And, why do carts run out of gas even with gauges?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-20-2019, 01:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I wonder if any Yamaha Gas Cart has ever broken the 75,000 or 100,000-mile mark without an Engine Block Replacement? That would be some selling point, wouldn't it? GrumyOldMan, why not call J & J Golf Cart Rental and esplain to them what you're trying to accomplish Phone: 352 259-9701.

Sharon Star at The Villages Golf Cart 352-750-3410 and esplain to her the thing you are trying to decide. I believe your decision will be a whole lot easier than you think it is. You could flip a coin.

Nobody told you our new friend, once you decide which kind of cart now you have to decide from where? Oh Boy! Everybody, Mostly Everybody had the best place to buy a cart. You are doing great. Most people have the same indecision as you.

I just can't get the vision of a friend of ours who needed batteries in both of his Pristine E-Z Golf Carts and got the news about both inside of one week. The Tears In His Eyes were Gigantic. It was sad to see him have to face the music! $$$ He fixed one and bought a beautiful brand new Yamaha Gas from The Villages Golf Carts. Imagine Pull in, report the problem drive out in a loaner inside of 15 minutes. No waiting for a repairman to show at your house. Good Luck Grump. You are going to do fine.
So your friend did no due diligence when he bought his E-Z Go. How could he not know that he would need to but batteries and how much they would cost. I replace batteries every 4 years, about $700.00. I knew that before I bought it and we bought two. I have full range (but then I live in the middle now), and have a nice quiet clean ride. Next time you're out take a look at how many brand new Yamaha's are pulled over so either the driver or the passenger can make a phone call. We have had neighbors make the swith to electric. All of what I just said means NOTHING since you are the one that will be driving it, maintaining it, sharing it with your spouse. Do your due diligence and make a decsion that meets your lifestyle. The advice you get here is a result of individuals biases and preferences and if youi make a decision based on what they tell you here, if you make a bad one they will not be here to accept any responsibility. Very few here will admit they made the wrong decision.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 10-20-2019, 12:55 PM

Our first was a used 4 seater electric. It was all we had here for awhile. What I found was it was adequate to go from Belle Aire to 466a and back, but not if I golfed there with a passenger, or if I had it loaded with 2 or 3 other people, which cuts your range considerably, especially coming up out of tunnels with the load. Then there was the long 5 hours or so to recharge back. We do a lot and if we went out for breakfast, golfed, then maybe out in afternoon for a store, and to a town square, it was not a good charging cycle for the lead acid batteries. We moved to Springdale and opted for a new Yamaha quiet gas cart and it is nice to not worry about carrying our charger if we visit family or friends was down south. Kept the electric for when family visits. Electric only let me down two or three times. So I think it depends on your driving.

Tags
time, issue, cart, mile, minutes