Tire bounce on new cart

Closed Thread
Old 12-10-2013, 08:26 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts
Default Tire bounce on new cart

I have a new 2013 electric EZGO cart. The tires, Load Star 205/65-10, seem to be out of round. Lots of bump, especially the faster I go.
The dealer tells me to keep 35lbs. of air pressure. I have a 2012 Yamaha cart with the same size tires and I was told to keep 25lbs. of air and this cart rides fine. Could it be too much air, wheels not set properly, or just bad tires? The dealer said they will get better. I have put over a 100 miles in the heat of the day and still not right.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:51 AM
Sage
Default Bad tires

Could be bad tires. My neighbor had the same experience and had to have new tires put on it. The tires were made....well not here!
Old 12-10-2013, 11:13 AM

There have been threads on here about tires on EZGO . The bottom line is that the are belted tires, come on a flatbed folded over and a lot of them are no good. I had five complete sets put on mine before it was somewhat satisfactory. I am still not happy but was so sick of listening to the service manager lie to me that I finally gave up. I would not buy a wheel nut from advantage gold car after what they put me through. I was in business for over 35 years and am very easy to please but they tested me from the salesman on down.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:33 AM

I have a similar problem on my cart from a different manufacturer. The dealer I purchased from had all the tires balanced and it still had the same thing. He then replaced all the tires including wheels. A little better but still bounces. I have tried tire pressure changes with no luck. My cart is lifted with a pretty heavy suspension so my next attempt will be to remove one of the spring leafs from the suspension.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:55 AM

If you jack your cart up, even one wheel at a time and spin them you will be able to see which tires are bad. No amount of wheel weights or springs or air pressure is going to fix that problem. It the tire does not run true when you spin it, it is never going to stop bouncing. The guy who was on the road for the dealership told me that when he came to my house the second or third time to fix it. My cart has 1500 miles on it and

As a side note, when they put the fifth set of tires on it I told the service manager that I could accept the tires, was tired of fooling around with it, but that they had the wrong wheels on the cart. I had purchased the deep dish black and silver ones. He told me that they no longer made those wheels so I would have to keep the ones I now had or put my old ones on that shook so badly that you almost need a shoulder harness to stay in the cart. Obviously another lie. They are still selling the wheels that I originally had bought and paid for. I see them in their ads and in the villages on new carts. Great bunch of people. I don't know how they sleep at night.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:13 PM
nkrifats

My thoughts on Advantage Golf Carts also.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Eternal Member

If you ride does not improve in your first five miles with our current temps the tires will not get better. The current line of tires ALL dealers are getting from CHINA are a real problem.
Most of the carts with our current golf cart suspension are not very forgiving for out of round tires.
The real answer is we need Radial golf cart tires and they are not available in the sizes we need.
At this time there is no reasonable answer except to find tires that run as true as possible
We hear stories of more than four sets mounted to find four good tires.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:38 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank7 View Post
If you ride does not improve in your first five miles with our current temps the tires will not get better. The current line of tires ALL dealers are getting from CHINA are a real problem.
Most of the carts with our current golf cart suspension are not very forgiving for out of round tires.
The real answer is we need Radial golf cart tires and they are not available in the sizes we need.
At this time there is no reasonable answer except to find tires that run as true as possible
We hear stories of more than four sets mounted to find four good tires.
What air pressure would you recommend?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.