Wha do you do if battery runs down?

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Platinum member
Default Wha do you do if battery runs down?

Been in TV for a couple of weeks now and driving an electric golf cart that doesn't appear to have any kind of meter to tell how low the batteries might be. What do you do if you are away from home and the batteries say "enough"? Just wondering in case it happens to us!! LOL
Old 05-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
Been in TV for a couple of weeks now and driving an electric golf cart that doesn't appear to have any kind of meter to tell how low the batteries might be. What do you do if you are away from home and the batteries say "enough"? Just wondering in case it happens to us!! LOL

Just wait a minute and someone will soon be along with a tow rope and tow you home.

I speak from experience having been the tower several times and the towed once.

I also believe there are professional tow services. Maybe someone else can elaborate.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

You probably have a range of at least 25 to 30 miles. Charge the cart every night or every time you will not be using it for 2 to 3 hours and you should never have a problem. Carts with batteries die because people forget to charge them. It can happen with a lot of driving, lot of golf, running a lot at night, but that is a lot of miles in a golf cart for one day.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:44 PM
Sage

FYI, it is very bad for your batteries if they have to say "enough". To me the key is to get an understanding of how far YOUR cart will go with the current battery pack. So many variables there is no way to know. The only way to do that is some form of multimeter. You go for a ride and then check the voltage of the battery pack. The question is how far can you go and still have 48+ volts left in the pack?

One of my carts goes 45 miles, the other goes 25.

Without knowing that, carry a tow rope, folks will bring you home
Old 05-13-2011, 03:15 PM
Default Batteries

My electric cart stopped working a few weeks ago...happened to have been a loose connection when shortly thereafter I had several offers to be towed but just in case you don't experience those as helpful, you can call Barry Plesser at 631-223-6522 and tell him Yvonne and Debbie from Hadley sent you! Good luck!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.