Tomberlin Golf Cart Repair

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2019, 02:25 PM
Default Tomberlin Golf Cart Repair

Just had my 2010 Tomberlin repaired by Scotts Shop. My cart has 8400 miles on it and I was in need of new brakes. It was also extremely loose in the steering. I can’t tell you what an excellent job he did. He had to replace the wheel cylinders and the front brake pads. He also put new brake fluid in, cleaned the back brake drums and bled the system. He looked the cart over and tightened and greased everything and did a front end alignment. It drives like a brand new cart, I am absolutely astounded by the difference. I now, once again, feel like I’m driving the safest cart ever built. He also works on other brands of carts and paints golf carts. I highly recommend him. You can reach him at 352-205-2672.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:27 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default carts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaz View Post
Just had my 2010 Tomberlin repaired by Scotts Shop. My cart has 8400 miles on it and I was in need of new brakes. It was also extremely loose in the steering. I can’t tell you what an excellent job he did. He had to replace the wheel cylinders and the front brake pads. He also put new brake fluid in, cleaned the back brake drums and bled the system. He looked the cart over and tightened and greased everything and did a front end alignment. It drives like a brand new cart, I am absolutely astounded by the difference. I now, once again, feel like I’m driving the safest cart ever built. He also works on other brands of carts and paints golf carts. I highly recommend him. You can reach him at 352-205-2672.
Hi and thanks for the information. I also found that Cart Fixer, mobile mechanic is good. The Par car, Merge cart dealer on 27/441 just south of 466, north end of Lady Lake is very good.
Be careful, there are some real rip off outfits around. check it out, ask questions. Be safe and good luck.
This is a playground for the rip off artist, lots of older folks.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:41 PM

We used Cart Fixer years ago when he first started and were not happy with his service or his prices.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaz View Post

I have a friend that is looking at the Tomberlin, anyone else out there with an opinion on that brand?
Old 01-21-2019, 09:42 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
I have a friend that is looking at the Tomberlin, anyone else out there with an opinion on that brand?
Its a great cart but beware finding parts!
Old 01-22-2019, 06:02 PM

Par Car who is a Tomberlin dealer had all the parts we needed for our repair. I also found parts on eBay for a much cheaper price but opted to buy through Par Car for the timeliness.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:13 PM

Tomberlins are a different cart and not everyone knows how to work on them. I have to admit, I haven't heard of Scotts shop, but have heard of Cart Fixer. Many places try to work on them and just make them worse, so I agree, be careful.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, brake, golf, carts, front

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.