Track enclosure for and ezgo golf cart

Closed Thread
Old 11-27-2021, 08:49 PM
Default Track enclosure for and ezgo golf cart

Looking to buy a golf cart enclosure with a track for an 2019 ezgo. I have tried the villages golf carts and discount golf carts but no luck. Anyone have any leads on where I can get one?
Old 11-27-2021, 09:14 PM
Veteran member

Are you referring to a rain enclosure?

Golf Cart Covers and Enclosures | National Golf Cart Covers
Old 11-28-2021, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,107 Times in 2,235 Posts

I did an internet search on 'ezgo golf cart enclosure' and found several results, Curtis seems to be the main supplier. No idea of local suppliers.

Also, double check visibility, I drove a Yamaha cart with a hard side sliding door enclosure and the visibility to the side mirrors was very poor. As I recall the passenger side mirror was almost useless, and the inside rearview mirror view was significantly reduced. I would not recommend these types of enclosures. We have a softside zipper type enclosure that has much better visibility.

Last edited by villagetinker; 11-28-2021 at 09:44 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 02-22-2022, 05:23 PM
Default Retractable enclosures

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I did an internet search on 'ezgo golf cart enclosure' and found several results, Curtis seems to be the main supplier. No idea of local suppliers.

Also, double check visibility, I drove a Yamaha cart with a hard side sliding door enclosure and the visibility to the side mirrors was very poor. As I recall the passenger side mirror was almost useless, and the inside rearview mirror view was significantly reduced. I would not recommend these types of enclosures. We have a softside zipper type enclosure that has much better visibility.
Any experience with retractable enclosures?
Old 02-22-2022, 07:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,107 Times in 2,235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjskld View Post
Any experience with retractable enclosures?
No idea what a retractable enclosure is, sorry.
Old 02-23-2022, 06:36 AM

I had a track style rain enclosure installed by quality enclosures. They did a good job
Old 02-23-2022, 11:20 AM
Veteran member
Default We have a SleekLine Cab - Pros and Cons compared to Curtis Cab

Not sure what a track enclosure is but we have a 2019 Ezgo RXV GOlf cart with Sleekline enclosure . Curtis cab enclosure is also available for Ezgo. We purchased the cart used but new it was put on by The Villages golf cart store. Before this we had the typical fabric enclosure and in our opinion it tended to be a pain to put up and down when you needed it most. My wife who has more voting rights then me always complained about too much wind blowing her hair and our Club car had more wind then others she rides in (women are always right). We looked at both Sleekline and Curtis cab enclosures and for us the Curtis Cab tended to be harder to swing out and open than sliding the doors on a Sleekline. Curtis cab doors also required extra space on the side when you parked them, stick out if you drive with them open and some people use a bungee cord to keep them from flapping. Bottom line we purchased a 2019 with a Sleekline enclosure and me like it and my wife especially really likes it (happy wife happy marriage).
They aren't perfect and as previous post indicated the visibility is a bit reduced but you get used to it and its not really a overwhelming issue. At first they squeaked and rattled a bit but I corrected that easily with some adjustment and screw tightening. The sliding doors tended to not slide easily and that got corrected with some Teflon car polish, in the tracks, I had laying around. I'm about 5' 10, on a good day, and entry isn't a issue but some might find entry a little more cramped. Test drive both versions before you make a decision. One more thing to consider is you can't add the folding back seats to the cart, I'm told, by TheVillages Golf cart store because the enclosure takes up some room in the back thats required by the extra folding seat.
Old 02-23-2022, 04:36 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

I believe he is referring to a soft side enclosure that slides shut instead of rolling up

Tags
golf, track, enclosure, ezgo, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.