Trojan Trillium Lithium Conversion

Trojan Trillium Lithium Conversion

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Trillium Trojan Batteries
Old 02-26-2019, 09:07 AM
Veteran member

Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.
Default Trillium Trojan Batteries

As per Trojan's web site "No specialized chargers needed."

Introducing Trillium™
Trojan’s Intelligent Lithium Ion Battery with More Runtime, Lifetime, and Peace of Mind.

Trillium is the newest addition to the Trojan line of deep-cycle batteries. Designed and engineered in the USA, Trillium is available in 3 popular sizes that can be used in a variety of applications.

Here’s what makes Trillium intelligent — and better:

• Advanced features including microprocessor-controlled safety systems.

• Exceptional power: longer run time, the greatest capacity, and the longest life — more than 5,000 cycles — of any battery in its class.

• Rugged durability that meets the highest quality and safety standards.

True and easy replacement for lead-acid batteries; no additional systems integration or specialized chargers are needed.

Trillium Brochure

Old 02-26-2019, 10:03 AM
Platinum member

While no specialized chargers are apparently required, Trojan does state that existing chargers are OK as long as they have an AGM/GEL setting. I wonder how many existing chargers actually have that setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Dog View Post
As per Trojan's web site "No specialized chargers needed."

Introducing Trillium™
Trojan’s Intelligent Lithium Ion Battery with More Runtime, Lifetime, and Peace of Mind.

Trillium is the newest addition to the Trojan line of deep-cycle batteries. Designed and engineered in the USA, Trillium is available in 3 popular sizes that can be used in a variety of applications.

Here’s what makes Trillium intelligent — and better:

• Advanced features including microprocessor-controlled safety systems.

• Exceptional power: longer run time, the greatest capacity, and the longest life — more than 5,000 cycles — of any battery in its class.

• Rugged durability that meets the highest quality and safety standards.

True and easy replacement for lead-acid batteries; no additional systems integration or specialized chargers are needed.

Trillium Brochure
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2019, 02:08 PM

Sure would be nice if Club, Yamaha or EZgo offer them as standard so you don't have to pay for the standard batteries and charger. I'm getting ready for a new cart in a yr or so and Lithium is clearly the direction I want to go in. We have electric now and not fond of the smell, noise or chitty chitty bang bang of gas or what they do to our environment. $4.5K is steep but $2500 could be a deal.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:31 PM

Club Car has their new 3.1kW Tempo Lithium Ion cart and EZGO has their Elite lithium series with up to 6kW. Yamaha will follow soon, I suspect. TVGC sells the EZGO RXV Elite 4.0 with the 6kW lithium pack (about 55 miles of range per charge) for $15K...Ouch. Tomberlin is using the Trillium lithium now but I don't know the price.

Yeah...$2500-$3000 for 8kW usable capacity with >3000 charge cycles is about my trigger level as well. LiFePO4 16s prismatics are still too expensive.

Most OEM chargers are strictly for flooded lead acid and use an Equalize charge that the Trilliums don't want. AGM capable chargers don't have Equalize mode.

Last edited by MorTech; 02-26-2019 at 11:37 PM.
Old 02-27-2019, 02:46 AM

TVGC sells the EZGO RXV Elite 4.0 with the 6kW lithium pack (about 55 miles of range per charge) for $15K.

I met with a saleslady and they have one for $13,400 but she said the max range is 40 miles. She also said they would not convert any cart to lithium batteries. I can get 50 miles in my Club Cart with the 6-8volt Trojans.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:04 AM

The latest EZGO RXV AC motor carts are nominally 100W per mile...So 55 miles should be doable in most circumstances. TVGC will let you have a cart for 24hr for test drive. You could easily test the range yourself.

Seller on Ebay sells the programmable QuiQ 1500 #914-4800-01 w/SB50 connector for $375. It also uses "storage mode" that will automatically run a charge cycle every 2 weeks when your away for battery types that require it.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:29 PM

Does anyone know what kind or range in miles I can expect on a set of 48 volt lithium Batteries I know some one got 114 miles in a controlled test here at T V a couple of years ago I’m looking for input and suggestions
Old 04-07-2019, 09:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Wow that is a lot of gas. But seriously you really have to keep that cart a long time for the cost.
My understanding is that LI batteries are warrantied for 15 years and can be expected to last for 20 years.

I am surprised by the estimate of only 50 miles per charge however. I looked into LI batteries a while back and was told that I could expect close to 100 miles per charge.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
My opinion
Old 04-07-2019, 07:04 PM

Default My opinion

Typical of any electronic product the prices quickly and dramatically drop. Remember TVs, computers, cell phones, printers, etc etc etc.

As to warrantys, read any offered carefully. Typically they are prorated-real value reduces over time. Also, they are usually based on an inflated LIST PRICE. Perhaps, now just out, people are paying list price but as said above the price will surely drop below list price. That will further devalue the value of the warranty.

As to the never ending debate gas vs electric golf carts. People will always argue about the choice they've made. So I declare I have gas. If, you have a gas golf cart that stinks excessively, it probably needs to be serviced. As to quiet, electric will be quieter. The newer yamhas are far quieter than older ones I expect mostly due to sound deadening materials which by the way can be added to an older cart. The noise can actually be a good thing. People walking, riding a bike etc may not hear you coming.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
Typical of any electronic product the prices quickly and dramatically drop. Remember TVs, computers, cell phones, printers, etc etc etc.

As to warrantys, read any offered carefully. Typically they are prorated-real value reduces over time. Also, they are usually based on an inflated LIST PRICE. Perhaps, now just out, people are paying list price but as said above the price will surely drop below list price. That will further devalue the value of the warranty.

As to the never ending debate gas vs electric golf carts. People will always argue about the choice they've made. So I declare I have gas. If, you have a gas golf cart that stinks excessively, it probably needs to be serviced. As to quiet, electric will be quieter. The newer yamhas are far quieter than older ones I expect mostly due to sound deadening materials which by the way can be added to an older cart. The noise can actually be a good thing. People walking, riding a bike etc may not hear you coming.
Remember seeing a Sears catalog with the NEW video recorders for $2,200. Times have really changed!

Tags
cycles, batteries, charge, lithium, trojan