Trying to increased the speed of a DC Club Car

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2021, 05:52 AM
Default Speed demon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
What other laws do you break....asking for a friend.
That is hardly a fair or kind question and I hope that it was in jest.
What speed do you drive your car on a 70MPH highway? Will you vehicle go faster?
How often do you drive at the maximum speed that your car/truck is capable of achieving?
One of my carts had a maximum speed to 19 and much of the time on those long uphill grades it did 17-18. It was unsafe for everyone, I was very slow and help up the flow in the cart lanes. Others wanted to pass my 17 MPH butt. It was earful.
Old 06-27-2021, 05:58 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Trade for a Yamaha.
Old 06-27-2021, 06:01 AM
Gold member

Go to you tube for many options.
Old 06-27-2021, 06:04 AM
Veteran member

I have been known to tear off the tags from pillows and blankets. 20 years ago when we put our golf cart we added a speed chip, and I've seen very few people get tickets for speeding in golf carts at least not on route 44 where so many villagers like to do 75 instead of 50 or 55
Old 06-27-2021, 06:19 AM

Great. Max speed limit is 20 mph. First accident you are in expect to have your cart confiscated by police to check speed settings.
If over 20 mph, expect to pay big $ to other party. Great idea.
Old 06-27-2021, 06:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,243 Posts

The OP's question is for a cart. that does less than 20. Mine does 18.5

A major golf cart retailer here sends them out the door at 21.9 Max. Guess less than 10% over is "safe."

So it does get frustrating watching your mirrors and trying to get out of the way.
Old 06-27-2021, 06:44 AM
Default HIgh Performance Electric Golf Cart Motors & Motor Controllershttps://plumquick.com

Take a look at this website. I replaced my motor some years ago. much better speed. I also went to 10" tires not so much for the speed but I needed new tires and wanted to have better looking wheels. I did not do the work, just ordered the parts.

I did this because I could not get out of my own way. I would be passed at a minimum of 10 times a day . my cart was capable of speeds above 25, but I held it at 22-23 ish. Just like my car it is capable of more than the speed limit, but I go with traffic. I feel it safer that way.

To all of you who will have comments directed to me and this post. I will not respond so save your negative comments for a later post. Thank you for your corporation.

Good luck with your upgrade O.P.

High Performance Electric Golf Cart Motors & Motor Controllershttps://plumquick.com
Old 06-27-2021, 07:32 AM

You can and Will get a speeding one day,and you Will get tickets for a unregistered vehicle,no insurance and speeding it will cost you about $750 to $1000 if you get one in Sumter County when you go to court wear a jacket and tie or you will get another Court Date.Also you get points. P.S. Look up how many people in the Villages get killed .So look it up
Old 06-27-2021, 07:45 AM

Google “Club Car speed sensor”. I bought a PREOWNED Club Car several years ago and had the opposite problem. It could hit 30 MPH. I eventually sent it to my sons family in MN. I changed the speed sensor because he had younger kids and a 300’ long raised board walk I could only get it reduced to 17 MPH. Very simple to do.
Old 06-27-2021, 07:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,389 Times in 2,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil D View Post
You can and Will get a speeding one day,and you Will get tickets for a unregistered vehicle,no insurance and speeding it will cost you about $750 to $1000 if you get one in Sumter County when you go to court wear a jacket and tie or you will get another Court Date.Also you get points. P.S. Look up how many people in the Villages get killed .So look it up
From an online search it looks like one death this year when the cart drove into the path of a car. Looks like one in 2020 and another in 2019 when passengers were ejected from the cart. So maybe one golf cart death per year in the Villages.

Do you have information that shows something else?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 06-27-2021, 08:02 AM

I can't fathom why some people in TV want to go faster then the speed limit. One of my favorite sayings is "I have nowhere to be".
Old 06-27-2021, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Florida law limits golf cart speed to 20 mph.
Thank you Officer Friendly.

It's not against the law to have a cart that will go faster than 20 mph. You only break the law when you actually drive faster than 20.
Old 06-27-2021, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson132 View Post
I have a 48 volt 2005 Club Car. Currently, the max speed is 19 and that is with the tires fully inflated. My research found a couple ways to increase the speed, install a Navitas system or replace with a high speed motor. Has anyone had either done? I would love to get my cart to 20 at least. Most times it is 17-18 (and that is with my pedal pressed to the floor)due to tires not being fully inflated.
If you're going to upgrade your system, go with a kit that will include a new motor, controller, solenoid and battery cables. I know folks that have upgraded just one or two of those items and they always seem to have problems down the road.

I would not go with the Yamaha cart as one poster recommended. Don't know about the current carts but the old ones had electric motors that were severely under-powered. We went through two motors until TV Golf Carts finally told us that. That's the reason I'll never do business with them again but I digress.

We went with an upgraded kit we bought online and have been nothing but happy with the result. They have the same kits for Club Cars. I'm planning on upgrading my Club Car this winter with an upgraded kit. Tired of going 19 mph on the flat, 21 downhill and 16 uphill.
Old 06-27-2021, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,389 Times in 2,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagele View Post
Thank you Officer Friendly.

It's not against the law to have a cart that will go faster than 20 mph. You only break the law when you actually drive faster than 20.
You may want to check your facts counselor.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 06-27-2021, 08:43 AM
Default Increase speed of a club car

I live in a detached condo complex on a golf course in Michigan, we have a "2009 club car precedent" that we've had for around 4 years. After a year of use my wife asked why all the lady's pass her up on the street. I did some research and found a website that said they had a device that guarantees increase of speed. Just google (code-5 Programmer)

Its a small device you plug into the hole below the key to the right. I think its the diagnostic plug just like an automobile. The device has a toggle switch that you flick in the sequence instructed when it lights up. when your finished, just put it away and never use it again because you are done. The device really works! I went from 17mph to around 22mph to 24mph depending on the terrain and that makes all the difference in the world. they said you cannot share it because its married to your cart. If you ever want to go back to default, you need the device to send it back to standard stock mode. I never did share it, and I have no desire to go back to stock, so I dont know if that is true.
Closed Thread

Tags
speed, club, car, system, couple

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.