Tunnel Heights

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2009, 08:53 AM
Default Tunnel Heights

Does anyone know the height of the tunnels or who to call to get this info. Thanks
Old 05-04-2009, 09:11 AM

It varies, I believe. North of 466, the tunnels are much lower, narrower. South of 466, they're higher, wider. I've often wondered how some of the carts that have been "lifted" cope. Perhaps, that's why we have the "street legal" category. Have no idea who to ask for specific information.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Default Here is heights

The height of the tunnels varies. For the tunnels north of 466 the highest point of the tunnel (center) is 82". The shortest point is along the curve which is 66". The tunnels south of 466, highest point - 99" in the center, sides along curve - 85".
I got this from The VCCD.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Eternal Member
Default Ouch!

I know I clipped the back right side of my roof going through one of the tunnels along Buena Vista north of 466. It was really short on the side. Shaved the plastic a bit. I've been much more careful since.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Platinum member

Being firmly entrenched in Sunset Pointe, well south of CR466, I seldom cross that highway. Paths to the north are narrower, whether they be completely separate or marked off along the major roadway.

That said, the only tunnel that ever gives me trouble is the one east of Morse Blvd, crossing under CR466. I use this frequently, taking newspapers to Hope Lutheran Church's recycle bin. My golf cart sports flags, maximum height at 78 inches, and it is inevitable that the right-hand one scrapes the tunnel roof. I go through very slowly and manage to get by without damaging the flags.

SWR

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.