Used vs new yamaha carts?

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2021, 03:53 PM
Default Used vs new yamaha carts?

We're newbies and -- with supply and demand spiking new cart prices -- we're thinking instead of a used gas Yamaha cart with the EFI and Quiet Tech features.
Is there any clear definition of what is a "re-manufactured" or "re-conditioned" cart? Does Yamaha have anything to say about these?
One off-campus site claims they're expecting Yamaha to ship them "hundreds" of almost-new models just demo-ed at "a big PGA tournament" somewhere. (Nothing but a long hold calling Yamaha customer service.)
BUT, they add, there's no serial number, nor is there a factory-installed meter or gauge to measure hours on the cart, where others say BS.
Advice welcomed and thank you very much.
Old 08-09-2021, 05:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobro44 View Post
We're newbies and -- with supply and demand spiking new cart prices -- we're thinking instead of a used gas Yamaha cart with the EFI and Quiet Tech features.
Is there any clear definition of what is a "re-manufactured" or "re-conditioned" cart? Does Yamaha have anything to say about these?
One off-campus site claims they're expecting Yamaha to ship them "hundreds" of almost-new models just demo-ed at "a big PGA tournament" somewhere. (Nothing but a long hold calling Yamaha customer service.)
BUT, they add, there's no serial number, nor is there a factory-installed meter or gauge to measure hours on the cart, where others say BS.
just buy new , it may take 3 months for a new cart???
Old 08-09-2021, 06:04 PM

Quote:
We purchased a 2018 cart in 2020 that had been a "golf cart". It does have serial numbers on the engine and body. The serial number does tell you what type of cart it was from the factory. Ours had been modified with 10 inch wheels, custom paint, high speed gears, rear view mirrors, LED turn signals, a dash with locking glove boxes, storage shelf mounted on the front top, Vented windshield, and enclosure. If you rent a cart at one of the championship courses you can see how it started life out. I had a tech from Willy's who had worked for Yamaha explain the serial number denotes what type of cart it began life as. We have added some custom seats and seat belts. You can rent carts by the month if you want to take your time and look around for a good used one.

Always be humble and kind.
Old 08-09-2021, 06:16 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
just buy new , it may take 3 months for a new cart???
Agree.

The reconditioned carts are pigs with a dress.............they do no recondition the mechanics of the cart.
Old 08-09-2021, 08:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,601 Times in 940 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Agree.

The reconditioned carts are pigs with a dress.............they do no recondition the mechanics of the cart.
If you buy from the villages golf cars, you get a loaner for free until your car is ready
Old 08-09-2021, 08:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,900 Times in 2,442 Posts

No, they go over cart and replace anything they find bad on the inspection, change fluids/filters or test and service batteries. If you have the ability to determine condition of used golf cart you can save a bunch. If not, then new might be good choice as suggested.
Old 08-10-2021, 05:15 AM

I bought remanufactured, 2013. It has been an excellent cart. It is actually a 2010 model. I saved 2500 vs new.
Village Discount Golf Carts on 466 and 441.
When I need another one that is where I will go.
I picked out all accessories, color, etc. Took 3 - 4 weeks.
Old 08-10-2021, 05:20 AM
Veteran member

go to Villages Discount Golf Carts on 466 next to Birdies golf. They sell golf carts used in golf tournaments by ambassadors all over the country. Kind of like demos. 2020 2021 carts available. delivered to your house, serviced at your house. MUCH cheaper than the villages golf cart stores. You can have gas gauge installed and seat belts, and any other gadget you may want. All have serial numbers and you couldn't tell it was not brand new
Old 08-10-2021, 05:55 AM
Default New vs Used Yamaha golf carts

Quote:
We bought our home in September, 2019 and became residents March, 2020. I started watching the ToTV Classified during that period and, in April, saw a 2011 four seat Yamaha, in good shape, for $5,400. Test drove it and bought it for $5,000. My logic was that you could repair a whole lot of issues for the $8,000 cost spread compared to refurbished newer models. We did add seat belts, two shelves, LED headlights, a light bar and, last of all, upgraded seats with armrests. That puts us all-in at $7,000 - $6,000 less than Refurb. Willie's does a great job with maintenance and I've only had to have them repair the throttle activator switch.

Working well for us, so far...
Old 08-10-2021, 06:05 AM
Send a message via ICQ to Nannyof3 Send a message via AIM to Nannyof3 Send a message via Yahoo to Nannyof3 Send a message via Skype™ to Nannyof3

The suspension before 2017-18 was really stiff. going over the curb dips, speed bumps, etc was hard on the back and "the girls" took quite a bounce!
Old 08-10-2021, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Agree.

This is 100 percent incorrect.
Old 08-10-2021, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nannyof3 View Post
The suspension before 2017-18 was really stiff. going over the curb dips, speed bumps, etc was hard on the back and "the girls" took quite a bounce!
A mechanic told me the 2015/16 Yamaha model years were the best ever built. I had a ‘16 and it had no issues.
Old 08-10-2021, 06:16 AM

Try Wholesale golf carts in Summerfield. family owned and very responsive.
we are newbies too found them to have the best warranties,
Old 08-10-2021, 06:22 AM
Default We would a cart need to be reconditioned if it was only used by the PGA?

Do you really think the PGA would ever put a Pro Golfer out on a cart other then a new one?

Same with vehicles. The SUV Tiger crashed was brand new. Any cart that would need to be rebuilt would have to be rode hard.
Old 08-10-2021, 06:27 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfan View Post
This is 100 percent incorrect.
Who rebuilds the engine for the pigs with a dress??

Tags
cart, yamaha, big, models, add

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.