The Village Golf Cars Service Dept.at SS....

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2021, 10:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry chappel View Post
Cooler looks great. Lights on the other hand, cutting across pinstripe and reflector. ???? Does not look professional
I rather be safe and tacky than cool and dead. That's the Liquid Lights deluxe package. The entire length of the side is outlined and are tied into the turn signal so the lights will alternate colors when activated.

Liquid Lights Fruitland Park Website

I have to drive on St. Charles anytime I leave, it's a busy 2 lane road and drive in a golf cart lane, I want as much visibility as possible. The reflector is only good at night when a cars headlines hit it, and not that big. I much rather have more lights.

The Villages Florida

The photo above was shot in bright sunlight, here's what you see at night.

The Villages Florida
Old 01-27-2021, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio1948 View Post
Has anyone experienced the poor service lately with the Service Dept. in Spanish Springs?
Yes and I will never service or buy a cart from them again. I don't think their work is necessarily bad. I have issue with their ethics. I understand and take responsibility for the 'buyer beware' thing. I do, however, object to their practice of not providing full disclosure.

They sold me a used cart they knew would have motor issues. Sure enough, within six months, the motor died. They replaced it with the same exact motor even though they knew it wasn't designed for the type of use it gets here in TV.

Fast forward another 2 years and, sure enough, the second motor died. This time they even admitted they knew it was a bad motor but alleged it was the only option available to them at the time. No discount offered on the second motor replacement and the motor upgrade option they now offered was close to $2K. They pretty much ruled out the option for me to buy a new cart when they offered me $500 trade in value for a cart that cost over $6k just 3 years ago.

BTW, the research done on the 'upgrade motor' revealed it would have the exact same problems as the original motor. Motors designed for golf course use don't work particularly well with the high speed use they get here in TV.

When a company, not just once but twice, places its own needs in front of the customer's; I simply refuse to do business with them ever again. Call it 'sour grapes' if you wish but I will also take the opportunity to relay to others my experiences with them.
Old 01-27-2021, 10:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAAndre View Post
My wife took her cart there the other day for a problem as she has always done. They told her that they only service carts that are bought there now! Seriously?
Stopped servicing our cart last year because it wasn’t bought there
Old 01-27-2021, 11:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagele View Post
Yes and I will never service or buy a cart from them again. I don't think their work is necessarily bad. I have issue with their ethics. I understand and take responsibility for the 'buyer beware' thing. I do, however, object to their practice of not providing full disclosure.

They sold me a used cart they knew would have motor issues. Sure enough, within six months, the motor died. They replaced it with the same exact motor even though they knew it wasn't designed for the type of use it gets here in TV.

Fast forward another 2 years and, sure enough, the second motor died. This time they even admitted they knew it was a bad motor but alleged it was the only option available to them at the time. No discount offered on the second motor replacement and the motor upgrade option they now offered was close to $2K. They pretty much ruled out the option for me to buy a new cart when they offered me $500 trade in value for a cart that cost over $6k just 3 years ago.

BTW, the research done on the 'upgrade motor' revealed it would have the exact same problems as the original motor. Motors designed for golf course use don't work particularly well with the high speed use they get here in TV.

When a company, not just once but twice, places its own needs in front of the customer's; I simply refuse to do business with them ever again. Call it 'sour grapes' if you wish but I will also take the opportunity to relay to others my experiences with them.
My two cents worth.
Golf carts are just that golf carts. They are, were designed to do 15 mph. Typically brakes on only the rear wheels. Like any vehicle when you brake the weight shifts forward off the rear wheels. Just like the bike we had as kids with the rear coaster brake you hit the brake hard and it will easily skid. Then, what is the average weight of a Villager? Call it 200 pounds. People add seats and tool about with 4. That is 800 lbs.

Our golf cart is set for the legal speed which is 20 mph. It is simple to adjust the governor and get the up to ?????? about 26.

My point, do not expect it to last Our golf cart is 9 years old. We use it quite a bit on the multi modal paths. Other than a battery and oil changes. We have not needed any service.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf6969 View Post
Wow did you get off topic but since you went this way why not find out what is NEW? The only way you are going to find out is have that conversation with the knowledgeable sales person. If your cart is older that 3 years there is a lot NEW. Take something out for an overnight test drive. Get out of your shell and live. Heck you might find out that owning and driving a brand new cart is just what you needed and love.
I am sure this is exactly what you wanted to hear, or did you really walk into the showroom just to use the bathroom?
You must be one of those salespersons...
Old 01-27-2021, 12:37 PM

I've had mine survived there for 18 years, no problems. I will continue to use them
Old 01-27-2021, 12:39 PM

No. I had an appt. for 8:30 and my cart was ready for pick-up at 9:30. I have been serviced by them for the last 7 years and have had nothing but good service.
Old 01-27-2021, 01:08 PM

After several tries over 6 weeks & spending $1200 at Spanish Springs for a new motor & still having the same problem we were told to take the cart to Sumter where they figured out the electrical problem for $125. We’ll go to Sumter from now on.
Old 01-27-2021, 03:59 PM

Bought two carts at SS both used and just now ordered a new cart. Trade in is 10 years old and still traded it for a reasonable price. Depends on how you have kept your cart. Service has always been good at SS and convenience can't be beat. But it is a golf cart not a race car! Never intended for high speed travel and those who go over 20 MPH are nuts because they can easily roll over and don't stop very well - it's Golf Cart!!
Old 01-27-2021, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestle1 View Post
I ordered a new cart at Brownwood a few weeks ago and checked the status today. The sales person said they’re having difficulty keeping up with inventory and the service garages are a bit overwhelmed right now. They generally provide pretty good service but I suspect their staff is overloaded right now. Keep that in mind as you’re doing business there
It's like anything else these days. They are short on help. People have left for better paying jobs or less hours. If you know anyone I heard they were looking for qualified mechanics.
Old 01-27-2021, 05:13 PM

How much do they pay you in commission? (kidding)
Old 01-27-2021, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I find the LSL location next to Barnes & Nobles just the opposite, they are usually so busy that they don't have time to pounce. Sometimes when I go to B&N I'll stop in there to see the new stuff. When I decided my old 6 pack cooler wasn't cutting it anymore, I checked out the 12 pack cooler I see on most new carts, but then I saw this one. Even more insulation and really nice and sturdy and only $20 more. So if I hadn't stopped in I wouldn't of known about it.

The Villages Florida
The cooler was at the LSL Cart shop? It looks great! Would definitely like one like that.
Old 01-27-2021, 08:50 PM

I called today for an appointment for my cart in need of repair. Yes, they said, on the 28th. I said tomorrow? They said no MARCH.
Old 01-27-2021, 10:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwfisher1969 View Post
The cooler was at the LSL Cart shop? It looks great! Would definitely like one like that.
Yes, that cooler was at the LSL location about a year ago, it was $100 with the bracket. I replaced the old 6 pack cooler and the bracket was similar but sturdier and I could use the same holes. I tried to find it online, but I was unable. This is the old 6 pack cooler I replaced.

The Villages Florida

This is the 12 pack cooler you normally see, it's $80 at LSL and you can find it elsewhere. Amazon has it $65 with free shipping and $40 without the bracket.

Amazon.com

The Villages Florida

I also see this one on new Yamaha's, and has Yamaha on the lid, it's $75 with the bracket on Amazon.

The Villages Florida

Before going to LSL I stopped at Villages Discount Golf cars on 466 next to Birdie Golf. They had these 19 quart coolers with the metal clips, they were even bigger. Not the big 114 quart on the back, it's the light blue 19 quart on the side. They had several new ones in the box, I asked how much they were, and he said $100. I said I'll take one, he said, that doesn't include the mounting bracket. I asked how much was the bracket, he said, I don't know, we don't have them here, you'll have to go our maintenance shop in Summerfield and get it there. The guy acted like he wasn't interested in helping me, so I had no intentions of going all the way up to Summerfield.

The Villages Florida
Old 01-28-2021, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio1948 View Post
Has anyone experienced the poor service lately with the Service Dept. in Spanish Springs?
We go to Sumter Landing service (close to our home) and it is always excellent.
Closed Thread

Tags
service, poor, spanish, dept, experienced

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.