Villages Golf Car Store Policy

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2018, 05:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

I’ve had nothing but positive experiences with TV Golf Cars, where I’ve taken mine since 2014. I’ve had annual service performed, as well as additional aftermarket accessories installed. I especially like that the tech calls with any questions or concerns. On one occasion, a sales person installed an accessory on my cart for me after I purchased it.
Old 09-26-2018, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
We too bought a cart from the LSL location in 2014. I happily drove their new quiet loaner while mine was being serviced a few months ago
I have never been questioned whether or not I bought my cart from them. I make my appointments early, taking into consideration the backlog they always have. That way I bypass the stress of them telling me I have to wait 1 or 2 months for an appointment. I go there, they park my cart first to go into the garage and bring a loaner up for me to use. Doesn't get any better than that!:clap2
Old 09-26-2018, 06:25 AM
Sage

Wow. IMHO, if you are going to make derogatory comments about a competitor you should back it up with some specific examples. For instance, what have you seen misadjusted or incorrectly serviced? I noticed you used the word "many". That implies a large number. Perhaps you can be more specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGC View Post
We have been hearing this from many new customers. All I can say, is be glad. We are hearing horror stories and seeing many new parts on carts that are not that old. We are finding many cars that are not being serviced properly and adjustments are way off. So it may not be a bad thing after all.
Old 09-26-2018, 06:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
We have been hearing this from many new customers. All I can say, is be glad. We are hearing horror stories and seeing many new parts on carts that are not that old. We are finding many cars that are not being serviced properly and adjustments are way off. So it may not be a bad thing after all.
Let me guess. You're a competitor?
Old 09-26-2018, 06:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,615 Times in 5,196 Posts

Quote:
Horror stories? I guess I'm glad I don't have a golf cart.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:32 AM

Had an issue with The Villages Golf Carts, Brownwood just this morning. Was in line at the door at 6:45 am for the 8 am opening as instructed on the phone yesterday. Service Manager came out about 7:30 to ask what I needed and asked if I had an appointment. I said no, and I needed routine annual servicing. Incidentally, I purchased the cart new from them 4 years ago. I was told they could not do the work as they already have too many appointments. Not sure this is a good way to conduct business. They do advertise drive up service. Appointments are normally 5 weeks out. Some may accept this, I do not. I will now be looking at the "at home servicing" that is advertised by many cart service facilities outside the Villages such as Willies or Todd Casey.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefin View Post
Had an issue with The Villages Golf Carts, Brownwood just this morning. Was in line at the door at 6:45 am for the 8 am opening as instructed on the phone yesterday. Service Manager came out about 7:30 to ask what I needed and asked if I had an appointment. I said no, and I needed routine annual servicing. Incidentally, I purchased the cart new from them 4 years ago. I was told they could not do the work as they already have too many appointments. Not sure this is a good way to conduct business. They do advertise drive up service. Appointments are normally 5 weeks out. Some may accept this, I do not. I will now be looking at the "at home servicing" that is advertised by many cart service facilities outside the Villages such as Willies or Todd Casey.
Sounds like a successful business. Perhaps we will see another location opening soon. There are over 120,000 Villagers and over 70,000 golf carts. Doesn't sound mean spirited or rude, just honest. I bet they said, " Sorry we can't take you today, but we will make an appointment".

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-26-2018 at 08:32 AM.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:27 AM
Sage

If you only need routine maintenance then another option is to do it yourself. I know many people don't want to bother but routine maintenance is trivial to do yourself. Check your owners manual for the maintenance schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefin View Post
Old 09-26-2018, 11:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Funny

We had our Golf Cart serviced at the Lake Sumter Garages. Picked it up and after I got home I looked at the bill and noticed it contained charges for Oil and Grease. I am not a mechanic nor have I ever been one but do know enough that you don't "Change the oil and Grease" an electric cart?? Took the bill back and they apologized and adjusted the amount. So much for not checking when you first get the bill.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:53 AM
Gold member

I have an older Club Car that needed tires, so I went down to The Villages Golf Cars in Spanish Springs in the morning, and was second in the line that forms in front of the garage door. I was served promptly by a friendly, competent service writer, who said they had my tires in stock and could put them on that day. They immediately gave me a loaner cart. Later in the day I got a call from the mechanic, who told me that my front end bushings were shot, and that they needed replacing. My first thought was, here we go, a big unexpected expense. The bushing parts were $12.00 and it took them a half hour of labor to replace them. Got it all done in one day, with a loaner to boot. How can you do better than that?
Old 09-26-2018, 02:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Is this anew policy ? I never had a problem and have not purchased any of my carts from them
They have always been most helpfully
Old 09-26-2018, 04:51 PM

The End

Last edited by davefin; 09-26-2018 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Wow. IMHO, if you are going to make derogatory comments about a competitor you should back it up with some specific examples. For instance, what have you seen misadjusted or incorrectly serviced? I noticed you used the word "many". That implies a large number. Perhaps you can be more specific.
I can get more specific.

Adjustments, such as Throttle cables, and brakes. Missed issues on a service, such as loose secondary clutches and rear hubs.

Now you may think of these as minor issues, but when they go to failure, they don't tell you that had they looked at those issues during a service, that they would not have gone to failure. Instead, you get hit with an expense that should not have happened.

I want to stay anonymous, I'd prefer to just help you folks out to prevent issues. At least have the ability to get a second opinion. Don't shoot the messenger, Im trying to help.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:05 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I have no ideas who TechGC is. But I have had 3 instances where exactly what he says actually happened. None were mine as I stopped using them several years ago when they couldn't fix what I thought was a simple issue. But had three different folks I know well where they failed to do a repair correctly. They called another service provider and the problem was resolved. And two took the cart back several times with out the correct repair being done.

Based on this limited amount of first hand knowledge and what I have read on here from others, my guess would be that they do not have enough qualified technicians. So they probably hire service folks with less then adequate training and hope they will get better. There are several very qualified cart service folks that will come to your home and do quality work. Biggest issue is they are very busy because they are so good. A couple have already been mentioned above, but there are others. They are really worth waiting for.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:15 AM

Look, I know the Brownwood location of The Villages Carts is doing the best they can, but if they are unable to keep up with the growth in the southern area of The Villages, in my opinion, they are failing. This growth has been going on for several years and will continue.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, service, asked, villages, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.