VILLAGES GOLF CART MAN Bad Experience

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorio View Post
Sorry, I confused you guys. I thought all 2012 had the fuel injection as mine seems to have the extra umph but as I started checking around, I started to wonder. Hence the visit to the golf store and my dismay. Now, having read the post that Bill heard about the injection mid-Dec., I am dismayed as we ordered the cart around mid-Dec. and received the cart December 22. I would have preferred an Eco friendly and fuel efficient cart with less noise. I hope to get to the bottom of this as where to purchase the second cart will depend on their answer.
Sounds reasonable-- I have had excellent experience with The Villages Golf Cart stores. Even replaced windshield that was out of warranty and came to the house to fix flat without charge,
Old 02-17-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Byrd;***524
We have had a terrible experience with The Villages Golf Cart Man. They make promises they do not keep, and mysteriously they continue to find parts that need to be replaced or that fail while they are attempting to make their repairs. They have had our cart for months trying to fix a problem they created, by failure to complete the work we were charged for up front. Save yourself some trouble and don't go there! We will post on every site and report them to every agency available in order to keep others from going through the frustration, loss of time, and financial burden caused by dealing with an incompentent organization that has no respect for their customers.
It was your dad's cart..... he was satisfied. you expected them to ship it to another state FREE. you also managed to get the mechanic Jason Fired... Mechanic was gonna deliver to GA for you until you posted negitive remarks.. he got fired and wouldnt deliver your cart. Someone should notify your father that your continuing to slander a business that HE felt the problem was solved.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:14 PM

I wasn't planning to post a response to The Villages Golf Cart Man until recently his employee claimed they were to match my price quote from another dealer. Amazing since they were my fkirst contact on a custom cart.

The price was 20K. It was for a custom cart with many options. After getting his qoute I looked around on the web and found a dealer who will ship the same item to TV for $3K less. No taxes, and it is street legal. Will go at 25MPH or faster with switch turned on. Has 7 batteries with one just for the lights and ignition,radio, cd and A/C. Can be plugged in anywhere we find an outlet. Its all electric. Gas we tried but the fumes even with the Yamaha EFI was to much for the wife who only has one lung left due to lung cancer.

Its a 4 seat 2012 Cadillac Escalade. Now hearing that they will match the price makes me very skeptical of there ability and honesty. How can you in one breath say the best I can do is 20K, and then in another match my quote of 17K.

Looks like I am buying from someone else.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Gold member

I use *********. He does a professional job.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Byrd;***524
We have had a terrible experience with The Villages Golf Cart Man. They make promises they do not keep, and mysteriously they continue to find parts that need to be replaced or that fail while they are attempting to make their repairs. They have had our cart for months trying to fix a problem they created, by failure to complete the work we were charged for up front. Save yourself some trouble and don't go there! We will post on every site and report them to every agency available in order to keep others from going through the frustration, loss of time, and financial burden caused by dealing with an incompentent organization that has no respect for their customers.
Go across the golf cart bridge to the old side then go right on the cart path...follow the road to the post office you will see the cart store on your left....
Old 09-07-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDMAN View Post
I will probably be buying a place down in the Villages next year..and after reading this article it has really got me p!ssed. Can't the Villages have a say about this slime's awful businessI want to move here but this is disgusting...I want to come and enjoy the Villages..This dealership scumbag out to ousted....JMO.. Mr. Greg O.
His store is not in the villages....
Old 09-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default confused?

Not sure that everyone understands the Villages Golf Cart Man is a different business the the Villages Golf Cart like the one in LSL.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I bought my house in December and moved in in April. The house came with a 2002 Club Car. After driving it for a month I noticed that it shimmied a lot and when I hit a bump in the road it veered severely. It also had an issue with the lights. When the lights were on at night, the left directional didn't work and when I stepped on the brake the left tail light would go out. The left headlight would also occasionally go out while we were driving.
I took it to the Villages Cart man. After having the cart for about four hours they called and told me the bad news. The cart needed new king pins and all four wheel bearings had to be replaced or repacked. They also told me that the entire cart was wired with speaker wire and the headlights were the wrong type and were burning super hot. They told me that the whole cart had to be rewired and they would have to fabricate some kind of headlights as the nose of the cart is not standard.
I wasn't sure whether I wanted to spend a lot of money on this cart or just trade it in. We were talking about $800 to $1000 dollars. They also suggested that I consider putting a lift kit on with oversized wheels which would be another $1000.
I decided to hold off on the work and take some time to think it over.
In the meantime someone suggested that I cal Todd Casey Golf Cart Repairs. I called and Todd came over right on time. He looked the entire cart over. There was a bolt loose on the front end. He tightened it and the cart is fine. He repacked the wheel bearings and installed new rear brakes. He also opened up the left tail light and found a short which he fixed in about two minutes. He told me that the only speaker wire in the cart was going to the electric charge gauge and that it was fine. He fixed al those problems for $138.00
The headlights are common on golf carts and there is nothing wrong with them. In fact they are the same headlights used on Columbia Par Cars. The problem was that they are 12 volt headlights and they were wired to 2 of the eight volt batteries sending 16 volts into them. That is why they were running hot. todd recommended a voltage reducer that would reduce the 48 volts of the six batteries to 12 volts and run the lights off the entire battery pack. I had him install the reducer for $132.00.
I ended up getting two new front tires from the Battery Boys who were recommended by Todd for about $80. The cart runs like a charm now.
The Villages Golf Cart Man charged me $87.00 for their "analysis" and told me that I had to wait another hour for them to put the cart back together. Todd didn't have to take anything apart. He analyzed all of the carts problems in about 20 minutes without taking anything apart and fixed every thing in about one and a half hours total time.
I also bought a new speedometer from Todd which he installed. The old one was not working correctly all the time.
The Villages Golf Cart Man is a thief plain and simple. Avoid him like the plague. I wonder how he has been able to stay in business with all the stories I've since heard about him.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I bought my house in December and moved in in April. The house came with a 2002 Club Car. After driving it for a month I noticed that it shimmied a lot and when I hit a bump in the road it veered severely. It also had an issue with the lights. When the lights were on at night, the left directional didn't work and when I stepped on the brake the left tail light would go out. The left headlight would also occasionally go out while we were driving.
I took it to the Villages Cart man. After having the cart for about four hours they called and told me the bad news. The cart needed new king pins and all four wheel bearings had to be replaced or repacked. They also told me that the entire cart was wired with speaker wire and the headlights were the wrong type and were burning super hot. They told me that the whole cart had to be rewired and they would have to fabricate some kind of headlights as the nose of the cart is not standard.
I wasn't sure whether I wanted to spend a lot of money on this cart or just trade it in. We were talking about $800 to $1000 dollars. They also suggested that I consider putting a lift kit on with oversized wheels which would be another $1000.
I decided to hold off on the work and take some time to think it over.
In the meantime someone suggested that I cal Todd Casey Golf Cart Repairs. I called and Todd came over right on time. He looked the entire cart over. There was a bolt loose on the front end. He tightened it and the cart is fine. He repacked the wheel bearings and installed new rear brakes. He also opened up the left tail light and found a short which he fixed in about two minutes. He told me that the only speaker wire in the cart was going to the electric charge gauge and that it was fine. He fixed al those problems for $138.00
The headlights are common on golf carts and there is nothing wrong with them. In fact they are the same headlights used on Columbia Par Cars. The problem was that they are 12 volt headlights and they were wired to 2 of the eight volt batteries sending 16 volts into them. That is why they were running hot. todd recommended a voltage reducer that would reduce the 48 volts of the six batteries to 12 volts and run the lights off the entire battery pack. I had him install the reducer for $132.00.
I ended up getting two new front tires from the Battery Boys who were recommended by Todd for about $80. The cart runs like a charm now.
The Villages Golf Cart Man charged me $87.00 for their "analysis" and told me that I had to wait another hour for them to put the cart back together. Todd didn't have to take anything apart. He analyzed all of the carts problems in about 20 minutes without taking anything apart and fixed every thing in about one and a half hours total time.
I also bought a new speedometer from Todd which he installed. The old one was not working correctly all the time.
The Villages Golf Cart Man is a thief plain and simple. Avoid him like the plague. I wonder how he has been able to stay in business with all the stories I've since heard about him.
Interesting story. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:41 AM
Sage

Frank is a golf cart Expert on this forum and I have used his services for that reason. They came to my house, picked up my cart, fixed it for what I believe to be a very fair and reasonable price, brought it back without a scratch. If you do search on this site, you will see several complaints about the person listed in the OP. I would suggest if you intend to spend money on anything service related here, to do a search on TOTV. It is like we have our own consumer reports and better business burrow.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:04 AM
Sage

Doesn't anyone have a list of all the golf cart biz names around here, the names are so similar it's hard to figure out.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzg8tor View Post
Wow!!! Did I just have a bad experience with the people at VILLAGES GOLF CART MAN. I recently bought a pristine used golf cart from a local Villager and was amazed that there was not a single stratch on the machine. It had a brake problem and the ignition did not work every time so I turned it in to VILLAGES GOLF CART MAN for repair. That was two weeks ago. When we finally got it back two days ago, the back seat was full of leaves and the trunk had an inch of water in it. The front bumper had a six inch scrape and the grill was busted. There were additional nicks and dings in the back of the cart. The lights now do not work; nor do the blinkers. On top of that, they charged my credit card $117 more labor than the invoice says.

So I called two days ago and get the mechanic who says he will ask the office manager to call me back in a few minutes as she is busy. I ask to talk to the owner who he says is out of town. I get no call back and today I call them again, get the mechanic who tells me the office manager is too busy to talk to me so I ask him to ask her to call me as soon as she is unbusy. Finally, she calls me and immediately rails on me about how I cant prove the grill was not busted before I brought the cart in, how they put a tarp over my cart, how they really invested about $300.00 more labor into my cart but I should be very appreciative because they did not charge me for it. (The mechanic's story is that the original brake cylinder they ordered was no good and they had to order another one so they should have charged me for two installs but didnt) I asked her if they would come pick up the cart and repair the lights, turn signals and horn that were working when I put the cart in their shop. She very rudely told me no and that I would have to talk to the owner when he gets back next week.

You know, I could understand this behavior if I was rude, obnoxious, obviously lying or in some way gave them reason to treat me like this but I didnt. I was professional and polite and never raised my voice or was unreasonable. She was not in any way concerned with taking care of this customer and was exceptionally rude. I understand that when times are busy, it gets hectic and stressful but you don't take it out on the customer.

So....there is no way I am going to give them my cart back to fix the problems they caused. Does anyone have a recommendation of a good golf cart repair shop that can repair a Humvee 3 electric cart?
DID YOU SPEAK WITH the credit card company about your dissatisfaction AND the additional charges, POSS FRAUD??????dont let them get away with it.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:33 AM
Gold member

Just an update on the Villages Golf Cart Man, as of this morning, his web site is longer available. I was very happy to find this thread as I was strongly considering working with them. Not any more, we'll be going to see Carts and Clubs to see if they can customize a cart to fit my long legs!

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 12-13-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzg8tor View Post
wow!!! Did i just have a bad experience with the people at villages golf cart man. i recently bought a pristine used golf cart from a local villager and was amazed that there was not a single stratch on the machine. It had a brake problem and the ignition did not work every time so i turned it in to villages golf cart man for repair. That was two weeks ago. When we finally got it back two days ago, the back seat was full of leaves and the trunk had an inch of water in it. The front bumper had a six inch scrape and the grill was busted. There were additional nicks and dings in the back of the cart. The lights now do not work; nor do the blinkers. On top of that, they charged my credit card $117 more labor than the invoice says.

So i called two days ago and get the mechanic who says he will ask the office manager to call me back in a few minutes as she is busy. I ask to talk to the owner who he says is out of town. I get no call back and today i call them again, get the mechanic who tells me the office manager is too busy to talk to me so i ask him to ask her to call me as soon as she is unbusy. Finally, she calls me and immediately rails on me about how i cant prove the grill was not busted before i brought the cart in, how they put a tarp over my cart, how they really invested about $300.00 more labor into my cart but i should be very appreciative because they did not charge me for it. (the mechanic's story is that the original brake cylinder they ordered was no good and they had to order another one so they should have charged me for two installs but didnt) i asked her if they would come pick up the cart and repair the lights, turn signals and horn that were working when i put the cart in their shop. She very rudely told me no and that i would have to talk to the owner when he gets back next week.

You know, i could understand this behavior if i was rude, obnoxious, obviously lying or in some way gave them reason to treat me like this but i didnt. I was professional and polite and never raised my voice or was unreasonable. She was not in any way concerned with taking care of this customer and was exceptionally rude. I understand that when times are busy, it gets hectic and stressful but you don't take it out on the customer.

So....there is no way i am going to give them my cart back to fix the problems they caused. Does anyone have a recommendation of a good golf cart repair shop that can repair a humvee 3 electric cart?
thanks for your post, i keep a record on who to use for what, when i get down there some day............ Needless to say i will.... Not.... Be calling that business...... The best thing a person can do is to advertise stuff like this so they don't repeat it, maybe business will fade and we can get a reliable service in town. We... All ... Thank you, and i hope for the best in you getting this resolved in your favor.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.