We've asked an attorney to address golf cart insurance. A must read

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2015, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourpar View Post
Call The Villages Insurance office. Got mine through them (ASI) and am satisfied with it.
Ditto

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-05-2015, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Information is starting to be repeated..............anybody read all the posts?
Old 09-04-2016, 12:55 PM

If the ins. company is not making that much money off the policy and taking on alot of liability, thats where the problem is...Step it up ins. industry
Old 09-04-2016, 01:55 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,307 Times in 541 Posts
Default Can't keep up with traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodbob View Post
I pay $104 a year to insure my NON-LSV golf cart. I looked at LSV carts but didn't feel it was worth the extra large insurance bill to own one.
Plus I noticed the LSV carts on the public roads and they seem to be in the way and not able to keep up with the flow of traffic. Not something I'd care to do.
Exactly, why I don't own a LSV. It's way too dangerous out there on a 35 mph road (like Morse) and only be able to legally travel 25 mph. That's my opinion. In addition, I've been told full coverage insurance will cost about $800.00 annually.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default OhioBuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge538 View Post
Many of us use our personal golf carts while playing the Villages golf courses. It is often the case that we are instructed / compelled by the 'Ambassadors' to allow a guest to share our cart. I have previously inquired with the Villages as to any liability in case someone then riding in the cart suffered an injury. The Village's attorneys 'refused' to respond. "Drive carefully."
Don't really know that much about golf cart Ins. or if it's really, really necessary. Personally I think cart Ins. is just a donation to the Ins. people. As far as car Ins. & Florida's NO FAULT laws, to me that law is just a scam. First thing, I'm from Ohio & I had 2 cars Insured for less than $450. a yr. my Ins. here is $750. a yr. & if I have 10 wrecks & none of them are my fault, with the NO FAULT Ins. laws my Ins. pays for mine everytime & I'm assuming my Ins. rates will go up because of Frequent of Claims. This law to me is because they state is to lazy to investigate the accidents to see who is at fault, plus it's a way the Ins. Co. can make a lot of money. Oh well, we all have to have Car Ins. Well some of us have Ins. Midge528, you made a good point! I just had to get that off my chest, LOL.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default OhioBuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
In five years I have never had an ambassador direct me to allow another golfer to ride in my cart........If it does happen , I would tell him to stick it up his nose ......I'm not saying I wouldn't give someone a ride but if I do ,its going to be my idea and no one elses......
That would be like being forced to give someone a ride ot Orlando because your going in that direction........
I'm not saying that this couldn't happen , I'm just saying it better never happen to me...........
Nope, never had an ambassador ask me to let someone ride with me, unless she's younger than 50 yrs. old.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member

You know I think about everybody drives carts to fast. My cart top end speed is about 19 m.p.h. maybe 20 or 21, but I normally try to drive about 17 m.p.h. But everyone that comes up behind me, even if I'm driving 20 m.p.h. will pass me with no trouble, why, is everybody in that big of a hurry. Just leave to get to your tee time a little earlier or they're in a hurry to get home so they can flop down on the Lazy Boy. To me the police aren't watching for the speeders close enough, I don't think they want to stir the pot to much to bring attention to the Villages. Cart Ins. is just a money maker for someone & everyone is convinced they absolutely need it. Well I guess you better be safe than sorry. Just slow down!
Old 09-05-2016, 09:02 AM
Veteran member

If you are playing a championship golf course, they normally only allow two golf carts per group. If you have a foursome, then two people must ride in each cart. If you have a threesome, and someone Joins your group to make a foursome, then one of you must ride in another person's cart.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by noslices1 View Post
If you are playing a championship golf course, they normally only allow two golf carts per group. If you have a foursome, then two people must ride in each cart. If you have a threesome, and someone Joins your group to make a foursome, then one of you must ride in another person's cart.
Or if you insist on driving your own cart as a third one for the foursome, they tell you that you (or one of the carts) must stay on the cart path.

This is actually more accommodating than most other courses in the US, where if you show up as a single and are put with a threesome...they only allow two rental carts out period.

So you either throw on with a stranger...or walk.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:03 AM

Unfortunately no one has addressed the implications of altering a golf cart so that it travels faster than the 19 mph which legally defines it as a golf cart.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:17 AM

And modified golf car is probably a good reason for the insurance company to decline a claim. Worse yet, and modified golf cart that goes faster than the 19 mile an hour limit is probably a factor in In a liability lawsuit
Old 09-05-2016, 12:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk2Pete View Post
Unfortunately no one has addressed the implications of altering a golf cart so that it travels faster than the 19 mph which legally defines it as a golf cart.

I bought my cart new in one of TV's golf cart stores. I have them service it, and I've not altered it. So I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I do know it is one expensive ticket though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2016, 07:00 PM
Default Renters Insurance

I'm just reviving an old thread with no apparent answers. As a homeowner who rents out our home 4/5 months in the winter, we want to include our golf cart for the renters to drive. I am striking out looking for an insurer who will write a policy for renters?

I cannot believe with hundreds, possibly thousands of people renting out their homes and villas that they just give their golf carts to the renters with no insurance?? Once bad accident could bankrupt you??

Anybody know of any insurance company that has policies for renters-------one old answer on here from a few years ago mentions All State but that anwswer is 5 years old??

Thanks
Old 09-14-2016, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvgolf View Post
My sister just purchased a golf cart and went to cover it with her insurance company. When she told them that she bought it so her renters would have a golf cart to get around in, they refused to insure it. They specifically said that they were NOT guests in her home but paying to stay there. I called my insurance company and she told me the same thing but referred me to Allstate. I called my allstate agent and was told that yes, they insure golf carts but if you are renting your house then you need what is called "guest liability" insurance. It runs $140.00 a year but then you can't be sued if something happens to them while they are renting your house and using your cart. I will note here, that my sister gives up her ID card and priviledges when she rents her house because the people want to play golf etc. Just thought I would throw this out to anyone who might rent their home and include a golf cart as part of the package.
OK, I bought my home in 2014 and just started cart for renter and have struck out with multiple insurance companies so far. Maybe I will try All State but this is older post I am quoting.

If anybody knows of ANY INSURANCE COMPANY that will provide insurance for a seasonal renter please reply Thanks.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:03 PM

I am a newer home owner in The Villages and have a couple renters coming soon. I want to include my golf cart in the rent (the lease was written up that way) I had no idea it would be so difficult to find insurance for a renter to be able to drive my golf cart???

I would think with all the hundreds(maybe thousands) of people who let renters drive their golf cart there would be some type of insurance available? Is everybody honestly letting others drive their carts at their own risk????
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.