We've asked an attorney to address golf cart insurance. A must read

We've asked an attorney to address golf cart insurance. A must read

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 09-20-2009, 06:22 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Good Lord. Why would you bump a Sticky message?

Bumping brings it back to the top of the recently posted threads. Since I bumped it yesterday, nearly 200 more people have read it than had previously.

Old 09-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
In five years I have never had an ambassador direct me to allow another golfer to ride in my cart........If it does happen , I would tell him to stick it up his nose ......I'm not saying I wouldn't give someone a ride but if I do ,its going to be my idea and no one elses......
That would be like being forced to give someone a ride ot Orlando because your going in that direction........
I'm not saying that this couldn't happen , I'm just saying it better never happen to me...........
Happens all the time on the golf courses...only 2 carts on the course per foursome. I've ridden in some pretty nice carts which will help me when I buy a new cart in the future. I don't like losing my cooler, happens on 4 seater carts, so I bring a small one I can put at my feet.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Veteran member

Just to add another twist to the golf cart insurance thing.....I maintain a NY and a Florida home. I have a golf cart policy with my allstate agent for my golf cart that is as of now in Florida.

My agent told me that it did not matter where the policy was written, that I have the right to take it anywhere, and if I choose to keep it in Florida, all coverages, including liability in in force regardless of where the cart is or where I took out the policy.

I think I'll check into it more when I'm down there next month.

Frank
Old 09-24-2009, 08:32 PM
Founder

bump
Old 09-24-2009, 08:45 PM

The "Bogey S" member often comments on and shares his knowledge re: golf issues/courses/carts/fees/behavioral issues, maybe he could share his knowledge on this insurance issue? It does need clarification.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Eternal Member

Hey Beaver, er, I mean Jan (sorry, the pic threw me),
Thanx for your lawyer's guidance on cart insurance, but it still leaves a bog hole in some questions that have been cussed and discussed in here. Specifically, under Florida law, when is a golf cart a golf cart, when, if the speed capability exceeds 19 MPH, does it become a LSV, and when does it exceed the parameters of a LSV and what does it then become. And, of course, the critical elements, what are the legal and insurance implication?

Some sample comments:
Joe has his golf cart timed by Sumter County's finest using the latest technology in radar at 26MPH. Is he cited for a speeding golf cart or operating a LSV with it being licensed)?

Deb is driving her golf cart, takes a corner too fast, and throws Fumar from the cart into a wall. Fumar is hurt pretty badly and must be med-evaqed. The local constabulary time the cart with radar, capable of 28 MPH. Do the cops rule the cart a LSV? Does Deb's golf cart insurance cover her ever increasing liability from Fumar's helicopter flight, hospital TLC, and plethora of tests? Or does that company say, "no, not my job man" and deny coverage because it ain't a golf cart anymore?

There were many more examples cited, some quite realistic, some maybe not so much. We've had former insurance folks and ex-lawyers who can and have cited personal experience in Ohio, Maine, or Idaho, and they seemingly support at least both sides of the arguments. Jan (or Beav) could your tame lawyer address this?

`
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Please forgive a little, tiny hijack
Old 09-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Soaring Parsley

Default Please forgive a little, tiny hijack

Ohmygosh! Munc! Thank you!

That picture has been driving me nuts. Since it appeared, I have been asking myself, "Who is that? I know that kid. Did I go to elementary school with TH?" Oh, Munc, I was thinking I was going to have to ask TH, "Vas you ever in Zinzinnati?"

And then, sure enough, Munc, you rode right in here and saved my sanity. It is The Beaver! Why couldn't I see that?

Ohhhhh, please watch out for Eddie Haskell. He might be around here someplace, too.

OK, back to you, Beav.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 09-24-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:44 PM
Eternal Member

No Boom, I can't accuse Jan of actually being the Beaver. I was going thru some early grade school pictures recently and was reminded that all us kids in the mid-50's looked like the Beav (or maybe Larry, Whitey, or Gilbert). Actually Jan's pic looks more like Charlie, my best friend who left KC in the mid 50's and moved to California. But it's probably not him.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 11-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Muncie, I thought this was a thread about golf cart insurance, not a discussion of the defintion of a golf cart versus an NEV or a LSV.....GN
Old 11-12-2009, 01:43 PM

I just have to ask this question because I think I may be missing something: I have medical expense insurance through my employment that covers me and my wife for injury, illness, etc., from any cause. Why would I pay for the same coverage through an auto or a golf cart policy? I don't understand the rationale of trying to guess how and in what circumstance I might be injured or become ill. A good general policy should cover everything I believe. When I was injured in an auto accident a few years back, they certainly inquired if I had medical expense insurance through my auto policy. When I said no and they verified the information, my employer medical expense policy readily paid everything. It is irrational to me to buy two insurance policies to cover the same thing when only one will ever pay.

Last edited by TomW; 11-12-2009 at 01:59 PM.