We've asked an attorney to address golf cart insurance. A must read

We've asked an attorney to address golf cart insurance. A must read

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 09-05-2016, 10:17 AM

And modified golf car is probably a good reason for the insurance company to decline a claim. Worse yet, and modified golf cart that goes faster than the 19 mile an hour limit is probably a factor in In a liability lawsuit

Old 09-05-2016, 12:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk2Pete View Post
Unfortunately no one has addressed the implications of altering a golf cart so that it travels faster than the 19 mph which legally defines it as a golf cart.

I bought my cart new in one of TV's golf cart stores. I have them service it, and I've not altered it. So I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I do know it is one expensive ticket though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Renters Insurance
Old 09-14-2016, 07:00 PM

Default Renters Insurance

I'm just reviving an old thread with no apparent answers. As a homeowner who rents out our home 4/5 months in the winter, we want to include our golf cart for the renters to drive. I am striking out looking for an insurer who will write a policy for renters?

I cannot believe with hundreds, possibly thousands of people renting out their homes and villas that they just give their golf carts to the renters with no insurance?? Once bad accident could bankrupt you??

Anybody know of any insurance company that has policies for renters-------one old answer on here from a few years ago mentions All State but that anwswer is 5 years old??

Thanks
Old 09-14-2016, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvgolf View Post
My sister just purchased a golf cart and went to cover it with her insurance company. When she told them that she bought it so her renters would have a golf cart to get around in, they refused to insure it. They specifically said that they were NOT guests in her home but paying to stay there. I called my insurance company and she told me the same thing but referred me to Allstate. I called my allstate agent and was told that yes, they insure golf carts but if you are renting your house then you need what is called "guest liability" insurance. It runs $140.00 a year but then you can't be sued if something happens to them while they are renting your house and using your cart. I will note here, that my sister gives up her ID card and priviledges when she rents her house because the people want to play golf etc. Just thought I would throw this out to anyone who might rent their home and include a golf cart as part of the package.
OK, I bought my home in 2014 and just started cart for renter and have struck out with multiple insurance companies so far. Maybe I will try All State but this is older post I am quoting.

If anybody knows of ANY INSURANCE COMPANY that will provide insurance for a seasonal renter please reply Thanks.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:03 PM

I am a newer home owner in The Villages and have a couple renters coming soon. I want to include my golf cart in the rent (the lease was written up that way) I had no idea it would be so difficult to find insurance for a renter to be able to drive my golf cart???

I would think with all the hundreds(maybe thousands) of people who let renters drive their golf cart there would be some type of insurance available? Is everybody honestly letting others drive their carts at their own risk????