What cart to buy?

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2015, 12:41 PM
Default What cart to buy?

Moving in this Spring...what kind of a cart should I buy and where. Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:12 PM

Yamaha gas!��
Old 11-13-2015, 01:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default What cart to buy

my neighbor has a great looking golf cart that he must sell since he sold his home. He is asking $2000.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default what cart to buy

Yellow Golf Cart For Sale

Mileage: Year 2007
Street (optional): 117 Chula Vista Ave.
City (optional): Lady Lake
Zip/Postal Code (optional): 32159
Listed: November 11, 2015 3:03 pm
Expires: 29 days, 1 hour

DSCF4772

Description

2007 EZGO golf cart for sale. Batteries replaced 9/2015 and has been well taken care of. Reason for selling is that we are moving. Phone 352-259-1383 or 352-205-6745 Price: First $2000 gets a new ride.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:51 PM
Platinum member

Your question has been asked and answered many times on TOTV over the years. You will no doubt receive several recommendations for best electric and best gas i.e. EZGO electric and Yamaha gas, based on people's personal experience with a particular brand. You might be better served by asking "What carts should I avoid?" i.e. Star because it's made in China and made cheaply--as an example. Then too, maybe the Star because of its price point will meet your needs. Good luck.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:17 PM
Veteran member

rent one of each , ele-gas.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:45 PM
Sage

A pull cart---walking is good exercise.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDCART View Post
Your question has been asked and answered many times on TOTV over the years. You will no doubt receive several recommendations for best electric and best gas i.e. EZGO electric and Yamaha gas, based on people's personal experience with a particular brand. You might be better served by asking "What carts should I avoid?" i.e. Star because it's made in China and made cheaply--as an example. Then too, maybe the Star because of its price point will meet your needs. Good luck.
We have had a Star cart for 6 years without one single problem. We have had an annual service. I think it is well made and believe it is assembled in Greenville SC. The convertible back seat is a unique and significant feature. We like the cart so well we are upgrading the seat etc. I also know several folks who like their Star carts.
Old 11-13-2015, 10:23 PM
Gold member

Depends on where you will live. We would have bought an electric but we live south of 466A and I was worried about traveling "up North" in TV and having enough juice to get home after a day of running around. We bought a Yamaha Gas from Carts and Clubs in Ocala and we are happy with it.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:32 AM
Gold member

If you don't want gas, Lithium Ion power cells are now available. They have increased the range on my electric cart by over 100 miles per charge!

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 11-14-2015, 12:13 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

After shopping around and driving several carts, we purchased our golf Cart from Discount Golf Carts on 466 (half mile east of Morse Blvd on 466). We purchased a Yamaha Gas EFI because we live south of 466A. A golf cart is a major purchase and I would highly recommend that you shop around for price and drive various models before making a firm decision. Good luck.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
If you don't want gas, Lithium Ion power cells are now available. They have increased the range on my electric cart by over 100 miles per charge!
How much do the batteries cost? Do you know if they're available from Battery Boys?
Sounds like a great idea for those of us that find gas carts noisy and smelly.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernaldio View Post
Moving in this Spring...what kind of a cart should I buy and where. Thanks for your suggestions.
There is usually a good selection of used carts for sale at that time of year - all makes; gas and electric - so test-drive a few before buying
Old 11-14-2015, 01:48 PM
Email Reported As Spam

The OP asked what cart to buy? does the OP mean type or model???

The OP should first consider use of his/her cart. Is it just for golf or for continuous travel throughout The Villages.

I had an electric cart for many years but decided to switch to a gas cart.

While I hate the noise producing engine of a gas cart I find that I can maintain a steady average mph with gas that is not attainable with an electric cart especially after the batteries age a bit. I also find I am willing to travel anywhere in The Villages because my gas gauge is always kept at full.

The lithium batteries when I priced them over the internet went from $2,000 to $4,000 depending on what you were buying and from whom

Back to gas carts. I was told that owners of gas operated Club Cars complained that too much heat traveled to the seats. They may have corrected that problem. I have not noticed that problem with my Yamaha.

Good luck
Old 11-14-2015, 02:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

We have two electric carts, one ParCar and one Star. Before we moved here we rented for the last 4 years and the carts that came with the houses were gas so we had some experience with gas before we bought the electrics. I live south of 466A and have driven 61 miles in the ParCar and 55 in Star with one charge in one day including using the headlights . The electric myth of short range was true a couple years ago so if you are looking to buy used, depending on the age you buy there might be some truth to that. The current crop of electric technology carts do not have that restriction IF you plug them into the wall each night and make sure the batteries are topped off. They have auto fill systems so that is easy, we do it once a month. Speed is not an issue, both our carts easily maintain 20MPH. They are quiet, don't require monthly trips to the gas station, don't smell and don't have engine "parts" to deal with. There was a time that the only thing you could buy from The Villages Golf Carts was gas, now they sell electrics, You very seldom saw electrics on the MMP's, now they are pretty common. A previous poster gave you good advice, get here and rent both, talk to a bunch of users and go visit the dealers. Then make a choice and get what works for you. When talking to the users, remember that nobody wants to admit they should have bought something else, so the gas folks and electric folks will have their bias's and neither will accept any responsibility or accountability if you take their advice.....including me

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
buy, cart, suggestions, moving, kind, spring

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.