Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   What's wrong with this pic? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/whats-wrong-pic-291272/)

dewilson58 05-11-2019 08:14 AM

Confused with the road construction detour signage???

CFrance 05-11-2019 09:05 AM

This happens so often it's getting boring!

Topspinmo 05-13-2019 12:31 PM

Well, they got suv, just he’d for the street and jump the off through grass. Just make sure you’re going the right direction on the street

Midnight Cowgirl 05-13-2019 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1649481)
Well, they got suv, just he’d for the street and jump the off through grass. Just make sure you’re going the right direction on the street

Huh? English, please.

Topspinmo 05-14-2019 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl (Post 1649527)
Huh? English, please.

They the vehicle SUV ( sport utility vehicle) on MMP with Road running beside MMP short distance away. Now, turn left or right forwards the roadway and merge into traffic going the right direction. Did you comprehend that? :popcorn:

MorTech 05-16-2019 02:56 PM

Seen it more than a few times.
I have yet to drive my car on the MMP but I did end up in a traffic circle cuz I forgot I was on my golf cart. It can easily happen when you have a lot of other things on your mind...and there is no gate.

Topspinmo 05-21-2019 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorTech (Post 1650324)
Seen it more than a few times.
I have yet to drive my car on the MMP but I did end up in a traffic circle cuz I forgot I was on my golf cart. It can easily happen when you have a lot of other things on your mind...and there is no gate.

yep, it going to worse as get older?????:ohdear:

ditka41 05-22-2019 10:03 AM

It's time for Florida to enact mandatory "behind-the-wheel" testing annually for everyone at some specific age around 70 years old, or anyone with physical / mental problems that preclude safe driving. Coordination of the state and medical providers would be required, difficult, expensive, and naturally unpopular with some residents here, but would be advantageous to the rest of us. ( IMHO---flame suit on)

mtdjed 05-22-2019 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ditka41 (Post 1651648)
It's time for Florida to enact mandatory "behind-the-wheel" testing annually for everyone at some specific age around 70 years old, or anyone with physical / mental problems that preclude safe driving. Coordination of the state and medical providers would be required, difficult, expensive, and naturally unpopular with some residents here, but would be advantageous to the rest of us. ( IMHO---flame suit on)

Yep, that's going to happen. 120,000 villagers getting a behind the wheel test each year. That would be about 500 per working day. Just imagine the lines waiting for the test and the joy of those waiting for this mandatory test. Not to mention the pleasantries expressed by those who are rejected by someone getting paid minimum wage and the legal battles associated with their decisions.

Velvet 05-22-2019 08:06 PM

Also, the walk score of my area of TV is 1 out of 100, you have to drive for everything, everywhere, except the pool.