Where to add a radio to Yamaha cart

Closed Thread
Old 12-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts
Default Where to add a radio to Yamaha cart

I have a 2012 Yamaha cart. I have a new radio that I would like installed at a reasonable price. Any help?
Old 12-04-2013, 09:31 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I have a 2012 Yamaha cart. I have a new radio that I would like installed at a reasonable price. Any help?
I can hardly hear myself think in my Yamaha cart. How could you hear a radio? I was thinking of getting headphones to hear thru the iPhone/iPad but I can't imagine hearing thru speakers. I don't think earbuds would do the trick either. I'll try it later.

It's one of my major complaints about a gas cart.......it is LOUD.

(My name is Karen)
Old 12-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

You may want to check with, and I believe his handle on TOTV is Frank 7 on who does installations and stuff like that on carts. I personally installed my radio and speakers but don't touch others. Our cart is Yamaha gas also.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The ones I've seen have the radio and speakers all in one installed in the roof just above your head. That way the speakers are not more than a couple of feet from your ears. My neighbor got his done at Best Buy for about $650 and his unit has XM radio, so he has no problem with reception.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Veteran member

another reason to have a electric cart,, but there should be screw holes in the roof of the cart to install it, if you get a rack designed for your cart... if you have a gas cart at least you can park and look at the sunset with your sweetie and listen to some good smooching tunes!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.