Where to buy still limited?

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2022, 07:48 PM
Default Where to buy still limited?

I had read in some earlier posts that TV residents were being forced to purchase carts only from certain dealers in specific areas... can you still buy from Clubs and Carts in Ocala or Country Village Power Equipment?
Old 05-11-2022, 07:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

You are free to buy wherever you want, however some dealers are refusing to work on carts they did not sell, as an alternative there are several quality mobile golf cart companies that will service your cart.
Old 05-11-2022, 08:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,589 Times in 934 Posts

I dont think it was ever limited from whom you can buy a golf cart.

Some dealers have different backlogs, so that might be a limiting factor.
Old 05-11-2022, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
I dont think it was ever limited from whom you can buy a golf cart.

Some dealers have different backlogs, so that might be a limiting factor.
Hmmm... I remember reading that Yamaha was pressuring some dealers NOT to sell to Villagers....
Old 05-12-2022, 07:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp11364 View Post
Hmmm... I remember reading that Yamaha was pressuring some dealers NOT to sell to Villagers....
Where did you read that?
Old 05-12-2022, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

For a while there was a 6 month or more waiting list for a new Yamaha golf cart, no idea what it is now, but it was my understanding this was a supply chain problem.
Old 05-12-2022, 09:45 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
I had read in some earlier posts that TV residents were being forced to purchase carts only from certain dealers in specific areas... can you still buy from Clubs and Carts in Ocala or Country Village Power Equipment?
You can only buy new from the factory Yamaha carts from the Village Golf Cars in The Villages. They have those rights from Yamaha and their territory extends 20 or so miles from the Villages. Anybody else selling Yamaha carts in and around TV is selling used ones. Carts and Clubs is good, but I would think Yamaha is making sure their number one customer gets priority in getting units while the supply is tight.
Old 05-12-2022, 01:21 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
You can only buy new from the factory Yamaha carts from the Village Golf Cars in The Villages. They have those rights from Yamaha and their territory extends 20 or so miles from the Villages. Anybody else selling Yamaha carts in and around TV is selling used ones. Carts and Clubs is good, but I would think Yamaha is making sure their number one customer gets priority in getting units while the supply is tight.
The problem is that Village Golf Cars in The Villages knows they have a near captive audience and overprice their carts- by alot. I would got to Carts and Clubs to buy. You will get better upgrades and a better price. Still overpriced but more reasonable. They will come to you in TV and service your cart. They are here with a service van every day except Sunday. I have no idea which of the two has better access to inventory.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 05-12-2022, 07:55 PM
Platinum member

Suggest giving the other dealers a call. They should be able to answer your ? in less time than it took me to read answers here. Does not make sense if what you said is true that new cart dealers can only sell in a geographical area. Agree that service is another matter. Very little service on a golf cart with the 14 HP engine and 1 speed transmission(?)
Old 05-17-2022, 04:11 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
Suggest giving the other dealers a call. They should be able to answer your ? in less time than it took me to read answers here. Does not make sense if what you said is true that new cart dealers can only sell in a geographical area. Agree that service is another matter. Very little service on a golf cart with the 14 HP engine and 1 speed transmission(?)
You are looking at this the wrong way. Yamaha sells new golf carts from their factory. The Villages Golf Cars sells a lot of the new from the factory Yamaha golf carts. Both parties make an agreement that Yamaha will not supply any other dealer in TV with new Yamaha golf carts. Carts and Clubs and Country Village Power Equipment are the closest new Yamaha golf cart dealers to TV.
Old 05-17-2022, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
For a while there was a 6 month or more waiting list for a new Yamaha golf cart, no idea what it is now, but it was my understanding this was a supply chain problem.
Approximately 4 months depending on how wild you go with options, especially the paint job.

Villagetinker, thanks for all the great information you have given over the years. You single-handedly made me go legit and make phone calls before trees came down and I actually got permits for everything that needed permits around both houses. So hats off to you. You did what others tried and couldn't accomplish.

Hope the Guys in N.J. don't see this. They'll think I'm a sissy now!
Old 05-17-2022, 04:48 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,017 Times in 524 Posts
Default Not True

Quote:
I bought mine from ACE of Carts in Daytona because there weren’t any available around here. I also discovered about 6,000 dollars in savings. We only had to go through Lux in Leesburg for curtains.

Some neighbors bought from Country Village Power. The cart is great.

“Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see further.” Thomas Carlyle
Closed Thread

Tags
carts, buy, dealers, specific, areas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.