Cart with Doors?: Pros & Cons please

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2020, 08:29 AM
Default Cart with Doors?: Pros & Cons please

I'm thinking about trading-in my 2011 Yamaha gas cart for a cart with doors, although another option would be to add doors to my existing cart. But I want to make sure to consider all the major pros and cons to having doors on a cart. Serious input appreciated.
Old 08-20-2020, 08:35 AM

We added the clear plexiglass enclosures referred to as MEEE enclosures, to our 2014 Yamaha EFI. Kept searching for 4 years for a used one with no luck so decided to take the plunge. Carts&Clubs in Ocala is the only dealer that installs these. We absolutely love it. Great visibility, no rattling, no more fussing with sunbrella snaps and getting soaked in a downpour. Wish we had done it back when we initially bought our cart.
Old 08-20-2020, 12:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinricci View Post
We added the clear plexiglass enclosures referred to as MEEE enclosures, to our 2014 Yamaha EFI. Kept searching for 4 years for a used one with no luck so decided to take the plunge. Carts&Clubs in Ocala is the only dealer that installs these. We absolutely love it. Great visibility, no rattling, no more fussing with sunbrella snaps and getting soaked in a downpour. Wish we had done it back when we initially bought our cart.
Would you be willing to share what Carts&Clubs charges for the doors and installation? I have been looking for a late model cart with doors, as well, and not having much luck. It doesn't help that we prefer an electric cart! Thanks.

kathy
Old 08-20-2020, 01:22 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

I have a sleek line enclosure and I am very happy with it. I found a used cart with the enclosure. There are several carts with enclosures on this site but I am not sure if they are electric. Because of the weight of the enclosure it will effect the performance of an electric cart
Old 08-21-2020, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinricci View Post
Thanks. I'll check that out.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:13 AM
Exclamation

Wifey and I test drove two different enclosed carts yesterday and found the doors shake and rattle which took away from the quietness of an electric cart and especially a gas model.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:24 AM

I thought about buying an Atomic or similar cart with swing out hinged doors, but decided against it. Carts always park so close together and you may not be able to open your door to get in when you want to leave. You would need to park in an end spot so you could get at least one door open.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:59 AM
Default Windows falling out

My windows in the back has fell out and can't find anyone to repair them. I had All about carts to come to my home but he could not put them back in, but he still charged me $75 for the house call. Rip Off. ALL ABOUT CARTS?
Old 02-02-2021, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

love my Curtis Cab on both carts
Old 02-02-2021, 02:33 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreedoc View Post
My windows in the back has fell out and can't find anyone to repair them. I had All about carts to come to my home but he could not put them back in, but he still charged me $75 for the house call. Rip Off. ALL ABOUT CARTS?
Did u not inquire about the cost of a service call?
Old 02-02-2021, 02:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Even with Curtis Cab doors on sale for $2500, you really only need them for two months of the year. The rest of the time they're adding weight and once in awhile keep you out of the rain while you sweat.

The other option is to buy a cart with doors already. Before I did that, I would think outside the box. Air Conditioning and heat and a radio would be nice. This can yours brand new for $11,000, that's $4,000 cheaper than the other alternative, the Atomic Cars. The Crown View II sold right here in Wildwood behind Russell Candy, they advertise in the Daily Sun all the time.

Crown View II | Crown Golf Carts

The Villages Florida
Old 02-02-2021, 04:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDC View Post
I thought about buying an Atomic or similar cart with swing out hinged doors, but decided against it. Carts always park so close together and you may not be able to open your door to get in when you want to leave. You would need to park in an end spot so you could get at least one door open.
That's got to be a royal pain when playing golf, opening and closing a door every shot on a championship course even on an Executive
Got to add time to a round and you know what they think about that

If your non golfer should be ok
Old 02-02-2021, 05:46 PM
Veteran member
Default Doors

If you're a large person (either height or width or both) getting in and out of the Curtis cab can be awkward.
Old 02-03-2021, 02:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreedoc View Post
I would like to take a look at your cart, I cannot imagine how a window falls out and they cannot reinstall. Send me a PM so we can talk. VT
Old 02-03-2021, 02:52 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I actually do not like doors. 2 months of the year plus 4 or 5 quick coming rain showers doors would be nice. Ten months of the year I want as much open and outside air flow as possible. With a good Sunbrella enclosure you have that. Sides, back, everything opens up and rolls away. So because it's a 5 to 1 want open vs doors, I decided to save $3000 and go with the regular enclosure. Might have to add a sweater a few extra days in the winter months but that is easy. So for me doors are a definite con. A few pro's but a lot more con's.

Tags
cart, doors, cons, pros, make

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.