Where did you get that killer deal on your new yamaha golf car?

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2020, 05:48 PM
Default Where did you get that killer deal on your new yamaha golf car?

Hi guys,

I've been dealing with golf car sticker shock since we moved here....about 8 months ago. I just can't swallow buying an "off the truck" golf car for $10K. I'd like to get a 2021...but I want to pay less. Is there a way to get one from out-of-area for less or is trying to pay significantly less sorta like wishing unicorns can run free up and down Morse avenue? Thanks for any tips you can share

Joe
Old 09-19-2020, 06:06 PM
Veteran member

well , its cheaper than a new caddy. but the good news is the insurance is only $90 a year and they get about 50mpg.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

check out Village Discount Golf Carts...
Old 09-19-2020, 06:28 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Buy golf cart in Villages or outside?
Old 09-19-2020, 06:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,659 Times in 962 Posts

I was happy with my deal, 2 years ago, at I-4 Power, Webster Florida. I'd link it, but the website is under construction. They deliver, they come to your door for service...nice people...I saved quite a bit over buying inside the bubble... was very pleased. I went pretty basic with a Yamaha Quiet Tech, brand new, but I think if you have the time, they can pimp 'em up for you.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:03 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts

I bought mine in Alabama and had it shipped in. Oh, perhaps 30% less if you calculate saved sales tax and add shipping.

I have an advantage, I have a home there. You can order over the phone if you want. I was there about 30 days ago to order my custom seats. Let's see those were 600.00 less than the Villages owned shop. Different brand so not exactly comparable. PM me for name if you're interested, I have no financial interest in them. I really am not interested in forum warriors nit picking the merits of an out of state dealer. Do whatever works for you!

Last edited by Toymeister; 09-19-2020 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
well , its cheaper than a new caddy. but the good news is the insurance is only $90 a year and they get about 50mpg.
That's exactly one of the problems! We have a sweet 2008 caddie STS in the garage that is worth about 1/4-1/3rd of a new golf car. It's got leather, air, cooled seats, crankin' stereo, sun roof, A/C, heat, zillion way adjustable seats, seat belts, air bags.....it's just killing us LOL!
Old 09-19-2020, 09:57 PM

There are numerous posts about purchasing golf carts in and around The Villages. Here is what I recently posted:
We bought our brand new 2020 Yamaha from Country Village Power Equipment in Webster in May of 2020. We worked with Steve and Carolyn and saved over $3000.00. We got to pick our colors and equipment and it included factory wiring. The golf cart was delivered to our driveway. They are a factory authorized dealer providing the same Yamaha factory warranty and financing as other dealers. They recently came to my house and performed the first service (oil change and a couple of other maintenance items) in my driveway for only $60.00. We didn't have to leave the house and wait in line with other people. It took less than 30 minutes. We highly recommend them as so far we have had a great experience with them. They are about 20 minutes south of Fenney in Webster. There is a famous flea market and farmer's market right across the street from them that I think is only open on Monday. Don't buy a golf cart without first checking them out!
Old 09-19-2020, 10:49 PM
Bikeracer2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastskiguy View Post
Hi guys,

I've been dealing with golf car sticker shock since we moved here....about 8 months ago. I just can't swallow buying an "off the truck" golf car for $10K. I'd like to get a 2021...but I want to pay less. Is there a way to get one from out-of-area for less or is trying to pay significantly less sorta like wishing unicorns can run free up and down Morse avenue? Thanks for any tips you can share

Joe
I moves here last year in July and was also shocked by the price of a new Yamaha golf cart. Even the used/refurbished ones are way over priced. So I called around to Yamaha dealers outside the "no compete" area enjoyed by the Villages. Bargain Carts in Haynes City about 50 miles south of here was selling brand new 2019's for $7,600. The 2020's were coming out in September so I waited a few months. Steve the salesman (only sales man) Called when the delivery truck brought the first 2020's in and told me what colors he had. I picked the blue color. He was nice enough to honor the 2019 price and delivery to my home was free. I had them add the Sunbrella enclosure for about $400. I added turn signal side mirrors from Amazon for 30 something dollars. The bucket seats that the Villages sell for $1,900 + tax that recline and move back and forth, I got somewhere else for $800 all in.

I figure I saved about $3,000 and I still picked my own colors and accessories.

From what I remember the 2021 Yamaha is now selling for about $8,000 + tax with free delivery.

What irritated me about the villages golf carts is they said they wouldn't do any factory warranty work on a new Yamaha if I bought it somewhere else. That's like a Honda dealership saying the same thing. Total bs.
Old 09-20-2020, 04:42 AM

I sure appreciate all of the tips! With this kind of info I'm sure we'll be motoring around in a golf car soon. Thanks!!

Joe
Old 09-20-2020, 05:17 AM
Veteran member

Insurance is a lot more then $90 and you get nowhere near 50 mpg.
Old 09-20-2020, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Hi guys,

Joe
check out Carts & Clubs in Ocala. Much less
Old 09-20-2020, 06:16 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,858 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Hi guys,

Joe
There are so many really nice used golf cars for sale in this area that are in great shape and have very low miles, and some are great deals. I really don’t understand this fetish for buying NEW cars, houses, etc. I bought a 22 year old house in The Villages, and it’s a beauty. Apart from one $14,000 new car I bought for my ex-wife, I’ve never bought a new car, and neither have my kids. I buy a car two or three years old owned by a little old lady that has 30,000 miles on it and a good warranty and drive it another 200,000 miles. I save a third on the price.
Old 09-20-2020, 06:19 AM

I bought from Country Village Power Equipment in Webster below Fenny. Saved a lot and great to work with.
Old 09-20-2020, 06:30 AM

When you get quotes from The Villages Golf Cars and from outside TV, make sure the quotes are for EXACTLY the same features and accessories!!!! And make sure you compare the after purchase servicing!!! I know several people who “saved thousands” buying outside TV, but got much less in features and accessories!!!! They justified the outside purchase by saying “I didn’t real need those features and accessories anyway”. Good luck.
Closed Thread

Tags
car, golf, pay, out-of-area, significantly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.