Where did you get that killer deal on your new yamaha golf car?

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2020, 06:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

The only killer deal you’re going to get is on used one. There out there if you know what you’re looking at? If you can’t find a dipstick they full new MarkUp may be the killer deal?
Old 09-20-2020, 06:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choro&Swing View Post
There are so many really nice used golf cars for sale in this area that are in great shape and have very low miles, and some are great deals. I really don’t understand this fetish for buying NEW cars, houses, etc. I bought a 22 year old house in The Villages, and it’s a beauty. Apart from one $14,000 new car I bought for my ex-wife, I’ve never bought a new car, and neither have my kids. I buy a car two or three years old owned by a little old lady that has 30,000 miles on it and a good warranty and drive it another 200,000 miles. I save a third on the price.
If it was My ex? I‘d probably buy her Yugo!

Last edited by Topspinmo; 10-12-2020 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-20-2020, 06:53 AM

Wow who do you get your insurance from for $90.00? Thanks
Old 09-20-2020, 06:58 AM
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi, Vero Beach, Fl and now The Villages

Where did you find the bucket seats that recline and move forward and back for $800? They are normally $1800. Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:04 AM

I looked it up but it’s says it’s in plant city. If possible can u provide address. Your wonderful for providing information
Thanks
Old 09-20-2020, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPerry View Post
When you get quotes from The Villages Golf Cars and from outside TV, make sure the quotes are for EXACTLY the same features and accessories!!!! And make sure you compare the after purchase servicing!!! I know several people who “saved thousands” buying outside TV, but got much less in features and accessories!!!! They justified the outside purchase by saying “I didn’t real need those features and accessories anyway”. Good luck.
Good point. Country Village Power Equipment in Webster offered everything I wanted and needed except the self cancelling turn signals. I figured I did not need them and so far have lived without that almost $300.00 feature very well. Country Village Power offered the easy on/off snaps that I was not able to get at other dealers. These snaps are much easier to snap on/off than the ones featured at other dealers. I got the fancy "El Tigre" seats, the Sunbrella enclosure, the mirrors with the turn signals built in. seat belts (front and rear), golf bag carrier, cigarette lighter plug (cheap and recommend it), usb charger, cooler, flip down vented windshield, LED lighting, front overhead tray, and all the other accessories I wanted and saved over $3000.00. I also got my choice of color, white, which the Villages Golf Cars wanted to charge me $400.00 more for. Lastly, mine is a Yamaha factory four seater, not a two seater converted to a four seater. Not sure if it makes a difference but I felt more comfortable with the factory equipment.

As I mentioned in earlier post, couldn't be happier with the after the purchase service. They delivered my golf car to my driveway. They also performed the first scheduled maintenance in my driveway for $60.00, which I understand is much cheaper than the competition. I much rather have my golf car serviced in my driveway than to get a free loaner to drive around in while my car is being serviced somewhere else.

The Villages Golf Car did offer free use of a golf car anywhere in The Villages (I live south of 44). While it is a nice benefit, I realized that right now I would not be using it too often as the squares (etc.) are closed. Once the bridge over the turnpike is open, that offer is over according to what I was told.

Last edited by polirudb; 09-20-2020 at 07:30 AM.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget Eichaker View Post
I looked it up but it’s says it’s in plant city. If possible can u provide address. Your wonderful for providing information
Thanks
If you are asking about Country Village Power Equipment, they have two locations according to their website, Plant City and Webster. Not sure where Plant City is, but Webster is about 20 minutes south of Fenney. You take 301 South and go left where it splits off just south of 470 (I think the road you go on is 471). From there it is a straight shot south. The address for CVPE is 599 N Market Blvd, Webster. The phone number is (352) 793-3948.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:16 AM

Village discount golf cart on 441 just above 42
Old 09-20-2020, 07:24 AM

Good luck with finding a 2021 golf cart for $10 grand. Did you want one with a steering wheel and a motor? I paid $15k 2 years ago for a quiet tech gas cart with several options I considered necessary. Seat belts, horn, illuminated turn signals in side mirrors, LED lights, Sunbrella package and more. Bought from The Villages for convenience. They give you a rental when repair work is done and are great to work with.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:32 AM
Sage

My golf cart insurance is $88 per year (Progressive through The Villages Insurance) and I get a tad over 50 miles per gallon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwirish View Post
Insurance is a lot more then $90 and you get nowhere near 50 mpg.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:36 AM
Sage

Progressive has pretty good rates. We pay $88 per year and I have the value of the cart set at $5000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn Wagner View Post
Wow who do you get your insurance from for $90.00? Thanks
Old 09-20-2020, 07:37 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
we pay $70 for full coverage - a year - with Progressive. Have a Tomberlin cart.
Re the OP topic - the profit margin on Carts -esp with Villages GC- is HUUUGE. Captive audience, but good to have competition inside and out of TV. That's good capitalism.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:40 AM
Default Villages Golf Cars Prices

I bought one used club car electric, one brand new club car gas with a Curtis cab,
Two brand new Yamaha Fuel injected with one quiet tech. A few weeks ago I decided I need a cab for long drives from the very last house to be built in Fenney And over the bridge that never seems to be completed and the shopping center that is taking more than three years to build.
So I SWAM into Villages Golf Cars and was immediately and cordially presented with various forms of bait. Remarkably there was a brand new Yamaha with all kinds of nice added options. The fisherman made a great pitch for the emblem laughter ( oops I mean light) on the front! Do the turn signals cancel? NO!
Why I ask because they do on the Yamaha carts at the store on 466. After I listen to all the reasons why VILLAGES Golf carts are greater than stainless steal lures I am guided to a cart with a price tag a bit higher than 17k!
ENOUGH! A brand new Ford Focus costs less!
Ok, Ok I am a sucker. If it was the very last Yamaha like our very last house I may have taken the bait but I still have to pay my BOND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPerry View Post
When
you get quotes from The Villages Golf Cars and from outside TV, make sure the quotes are for EXACTLY the same features and accessories!!!! And make sure you compare the after purchase servicing!!! I know several people who “saved thousands” buying outside TV, but got much less in features and accessories!!!! They justified the outside purchase by saying “I didn’t real need those features and accessories anyway”. Good luck.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastskiguy View Post
Hi guys,

I've been dealing with golf car sticker shock since we moved here....about 8 months ago. I just can't swallow buying an "off the truck" golf car for $10K. I'd like to get a 2021...but I want to pay less. Is there a way to get one from out-of-area for less or is trying to pay significantly less sorta like wishing unicorns can run free up and down Morse avenue? Thanks for any tips you can share

Joe
Come Joe! Bite the bullet and buy a nice golf cart. We are on our second one and bought it loaded in Brownwood. Sunroof, roll bar, backup screen, blue tooth and alot of other stuff. You'll love driving it and it's cheap to run!!!
Old 09-20-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
I suggest you shop round for cart insurance....yes you can get it for less than $90. AAA is a good example if you are already a AAA member 😎
Closed Thread

Tags
car, golf, pay, out-of-area, significantly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.