Where did you get that killer deal on your new yamaha golf car?

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2020, 09:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastskiguy View Post
Hi guys,

I've been dealing with golf car sticker shock since we moved here....about 8 months ago. I just can't swallow buying an "off the truck" golf car for $10K. I'd like to get a 2021...but I want to pay less. Is there a way to get one from out-of-area for less or is trying to pay significantly less sorta like wishing unicorns can run free up and down Morse avenue? Thanks for any tips you can share

Joe
When you buy a cart it has a base price on it & it’s pretty much the same anywhere, all the options you want jacks up the price. Even if you go north & buy it, Mich. Ohio, Ind. ect, ect. It might be cheaper but I betcha when you start adding options like most Villagers do you’ll have just as much in it & maybe more. The Midwest (north) aren’t giving you options for free & they might charge more. You could buy a used 1990 for $500. but problem would start right away. I had a new 2012 & drove it until 2018, 6 yrs. & never had the first problem with it & had 26,000 miles on it. Bite your tongue & buy a new or at least a 2 yr. old one!
Old 09-21-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaligirl View Post
check out Carts & Clubs in Ocala. Much less
I check them out and didn't see any difference, ended buying in the villages and saved $750 and got all the latest bells n whistles.
Old 09-21-2020, 11:14 AM

I got mine from Grandma and grandpas on 441. Someone bought them out.I will try to send a number to you.
Old 09-21-2020, 12:40 PM

Check online -. Cunningham golf carts in Louisville Kentucky. They will deliver free
Old 09-22-2020, 09:11 AM

We ended up buying yesterday at Country Village Power Equipment in Webster yesterday. Pretty well equipped for $10,825 plus tax. The enclosure will take 3-4 weeks to make but they are going to deliver it later this week so we can start using it right away. The shopping experience isn't as slick as the villages showrooms, it's a power equipment dealership after all. But the staff is friendly and helpful and seem to genuinely want to get you what you want. For us it was just what we were looking for.

We splurged a bit on the enclosure with these really cool fasteners vs. snaps....we conserved a little with the yamaha touring seats vs. the bucket seats. It's got aluminum wheels, radial tires, premium light kit with the illuminated yamaha logo on the front, folding tinted vented window, and probably a few other things I can't remember.

We ate at Big O's Home Plate in Bushnell....modest appearance on the outside, fantastic burgers and craft beer on the inside with a really friendly staff too. Our bill for burgers and a beer was $14 and change.

Thanks again for all of the comments!!!

Joe
Old 09-22-2020, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastskiguy View Post
Hi guys,

I've been dealing with golf car sticker shock since we moved here....about 8 months ago. I just can't swallow buying an "off the truck" golf car for $10K. I'd like to get a 2021...but I want to pay less. Is there a way to get one from out-of-area for less or is trying to pay significantly less sorta like wishing unicorns can run free up and down Morse avenue? Thanks for any tips you can share

Joe
I have a reconditioned Yamaha gas cart purchased in 2015 for sale. I am the second owner. Runs great, used infrequently in a villa I rented out.
Old 09-26-2020, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
check out Village Discount Golf Carts...
Would not do THAT, if I were you? They will sell you a piece of junk, rebuilt of course, sell you a warranty along with (not from the manufacturer, but from them), then over the time of the warranty will figure out how they can void the warranty due to something they will say YOU did wrong (like speeding!). BUYER BEWARE!!!!
Old 10-12-2020, 01:37 PM
Talking

[Feb 2021 update: A few months after owning the cart, we are still satisfied except for the dealer-added LED light strips. The placement of the side strips is bad because they reflect off the windshield (photo attached) making it more difficult for the driver to see the road at night . Steve refused to fix this problem. Also, they installed LED strips on the front hood that we did not order and I don't like the placement. If you buy a cart from Country Village, I suggest you have any LED strips added after purchase by Liquid Lights.]

I just saved nearly $2000 on a new 2021 Yamaha EFI QuietTech golf cart I ordered Country Village Power Equipment, an authorized Yamaha dealer. Country Village is located in Webster, a 20 minute drive south of the Southern Oak/Fenny area.
Country Village starts with a 2021 PTV model (not a stripped down fleet vehicle) that includes premium factory parts including the Yamaha “Ultra-Premium lighting package” (includes lighted logo). I believe this is the same model The Village Golf Cars (TVGC) uses to build the 2021 Lifestyle packages (but not used in their 2021 Hometown or 2018 Refurbs). Country Village doesn’t sell packages, but offers everything a la carte. We decided to get everything that is included in TVGC’s Lifestyle package, including a hard Sunbrella enclosure. This 2021 configuration came out $1989 less at Country Village than TVGC’s 2021 Lifestyle package, and even a little less than a TVGC 2018 Refurb Lifestyle package! I believe it also beats the price of new 2021’s from Carts & Clubs (Ocala) and refurbs from Village Discount Golf Car, neither of which have the factory-direct Ultra-Premium lighting package. Approximate prices:

New 2021:
Villages Golf Cart $12,300
Carts & Clubs (Ocala) $12,000
Country Village (Webster) $10,300

Refurb 2018:
Villages Golf Cart $10,500
Village Discount Carts $11,700

We added a few items not included in TVGC’s Lifestyle package: custom paint for $500, upgraded seat (Backspin Crossover Bench Bucket with 3 arm rests), overhead tray, full dash, and premium Loxx fasteners instead of standard snaps on the enclosure. They do not offer self-cancelling turn signals. Our total price with these extras was about $12,600 plus tax. The above prices exclude tax.
Like most other golf cart stores, Country Village Power Equipment is going to deliver the cart to my house, and come to my house to perform maintenance. You can contact them at Country Village Power Equipment - Home or 352-793-3948. Carolyn was excellent in assisting us with picking out everything we wanted to build our cart. If you ask for Carolyn and let her know I referred you I’ll receive a free maintenance visit. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	CVPEcard.jpg
Views:	999
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	86580   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210121_215116.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	87990  

Last edited by jump4; 02-04-2021 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-12-2020, 04:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,398 Times in 2,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jump4 View Post
I just saved nearly $2000 on a new 2021 Yamaha EFI QuietTech golf cart I ordered Country Village Power Equipment, an authorized Yamaha dealer. Country Village is located in Webster, a 20 minute drive south of the Southern Oak/Fenny area.
Country Village starts with a 2021 PTV model (not a stripped down fleet vehicle) that includes premium factory parts including the Yamaha “Ultra-Premium lighting package” (includes lighted logo). I believe this is the same model The Village Golf Cars (TVGC) uses to build the 2021 Lifestyle packages (but not used in their 2021 Hometown or 2018 Refurbs). Country Village doesn’t sell packages, but offers everything a la carte. We decided to get everything that is included in TVGC’s Lifestyle package, including a hard Sunbrella enclosure. This 2021 configuration came out $1989 less at Country Village than TVGC’s 2021 Lifestyle package, and even a little less than a TVGC 2018 Refurb Lifestyle package! I believe it also beats the price of new 2021’s from Carts & Clubs (Ocala) and refurbs from Village Discount Golf Car, neither of which have the factory-direct Ultra-Premium lighting package. Approximate prices:

New 2021:
Villages Golf Cart $12,300
Carts & Clubs (Ocala) $12,000
Country Village (Webster) $10,300

Refurb 2018:
Villages Golf Cart $10,500
Village Discount Carts $11,700

We added a few items not included in TVGC’s Lifestyle package: custom paint for $500, upgraded seat (Backspin Crossover Bench Bucket with 3 arm rests), overhead tray, full dash, and premium Loxx fasteners instead of standard snaps on the enclosure. They do not offer self-cancelling turn signals. Our total price with these extras was about $12,600 plus tax. The above prices exclude tax.
Like most other golf cart stores, Country Village Power Equipment is going to deliver the cart to my house, and come to my house to perform maintenance. You can contact them at Country Village Power Equipment - Home or 352-793-3948. Carolyn was excellent in assisting us with picking out everything we wanted to build our cart. If you ask for Carolyn and let her know I referred you I’ll receive a free maintenance visit. Thanks.
Sounds like a nice build. Would love to see pictures when you get it..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 10-12-2020, 09:27 PM

I highly recommend Country Village Power Equipment. Do not buy a golf cart without first checking their prices and commitment to excellent customer service.
Old 11-20-2020, 08:51 PM

I second the vote for Country Village Power Equipment; we just had ours delivered yesterday. Had a really nice accent graphic placed on the front.
Old 12-23-2020, 05:19 PM

Could you take a picture of your cart with the LED lights on ,I want CVPE to add the lights on my 2020 cart purchased in Oct 2020.
Old 02-04-2021, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Sounds like a nice build. Would love to see pictures when you get it..
As requested, here is a picture of our cart built by Country Village.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20201127_215941664.jpg
Views:	679
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	87992  
Old 02-04-2021, 12:46 PM

That was $12,600 plus tax? Great deal.
Closed Thread

Tags
car, golf, pay, out-of-area, significantly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.