Who Makes The Best Street Legal Golf Cart

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
I have a 1998 EZGO that we have driven for almost 13 years with absolutely no problems at all. With new gears, we can do the legal limit with ease.
Think the original question was who makes the best street legal and as far as I know EZGO is not making street legals yet.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongoozler View Post
Think the original question was who makes the best street legal and as far as I know EZGO is not making street legals yet.
I know nothing about any of the LSVs, but as mentioned previosuly EZGO now has the 2Five. That either means 25MPH or 25 miles before you hit creep mode <sorry>

http://www.ezgo.com/2five/explore/gallery.php
Old 02-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Cart has changed

but same adorable dog..... Lafayette is street legal, has storage to lock 2 sets of golf clubs (med.) which is a good thing if you lunch after golf...Can be bought at Village Cart Man on historic side for approx. $9000...Would still have cart but spouse liked Gem...

The Villages Florida

Last edited by jebartle; 02-09-2011 at 04:52 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:47 AM
Sage

I've now visited both the Columbia Par Car Dealership in Fruitland Park and Tomberlin in Wildwood. Both dealerships offer a fine street legal cart. Both are very impressive and offer different advantages. IMHO, the Tomberlin is better constructed. But I like some details about the Par Car, especially the fold down rear seat which would allow me to easily transport my 70lb dog to the Dog Park on CR 101. And I have a Par Car now (not legal) and I've loved it, especially the range and comfortable drive.

I also visited EZ Go and looked at the 2Five, but wasn't impressed.

I figure that the street-legal insurance will cost $500-$600 per year, and the registration over $300 for the first year. (I've been offered less expensive insurance, but I'd rather go with a name that I recognize like Allstate).
Old 02-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Gold member

Of all the LSVs I test drove, the Par Car Summit had the most comfortable and quietest ride. But with the usual accessories it was pushing 13 grand. So I settled on the Tomberlin E-Merge E2 for a lot less money and I’m quite satisfied.

Also, Tomberlin does have a rear facing seat option that can be ordered. There are some photos of it here.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:16 AM
Sage

Apparently there is a company in Ocala (and perhaps other places?) that converts existing carts to street-legal carts. Does anyone have any information on that company? I realize it is an expensive change to make, but I'd like to get more information on costs, etc.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:53 AM

Hi Barefoot, any idea why all the rentals have electric rather than gas golf carts. My husband wants a gas cart b/c he says electric is only good on the golf course not for the streets.
I want to come down to TV for the winter next year but have to try to get hubby on board. He had a good time in 2008 but couldn't connect with anyone much for golf in 2009.
It's freezing up here!!! We live in London Ont. I DON'T want to spend another winter up here...LOL.
Thanks
Old 02-23-2011, 12:48 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

frannie, I know that Jim Followell rents mainly gas carts, although he does have a couple of electric for those insistent on them. Grandma & Grandpa has gas carts. The Villages only has gas carts.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-23-2011, 03:17 PM

Thanks redwitch...I meant homes for rent only seem to have electric.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdVinMass View Post
Of all the LSVs I test drove, the Par Car Summit had the most comfortable and quietest ride. But with the usual accessories it was pushing 13 grand. So I settled on the Tomberlin E-Merge E2 for a lot less money and I’m quite satisfied.

Also, Tomberlin does have a rear facing seat option that can be ordered. There are some photos of it here.
Pardon my ignorance about these new LSVs, but are they street use only or can they tote some golf clubs to the course?

Thanks for the pixs. Those are some sweet looking rides!!
Old 03-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

jg, the street legal carts look like regular golf cart and can be used on the golf course if they have the correct tires and a low speed setting. I think you're thinking of the YesterYear and StreetRod carts. They are not street legal. The Gem Car is but not sure if they can be used on the courses.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Where in TV are you able to go in a street legal cart that you cannot in a standard golf cart? For the extra price, and the extra cost of insurance and registration, not to mention the considerably lower battery range, there would have to be a rather tangible advantage in accessability for me.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Where in TV are you able to go in a street legal cart that you cannot in a standard golf cart? For the extra price, and the extra cost of insurance and registration, not to mention the considerably lower battery range, there would have to be a rather tangible advantage in accessability for me.
Since we are not there permanently yet, and have only visited for a week at the time, I guess the novelty of using a golf cart, rather than a car, to cover the growing area makes it seem you can get there quicker in a street legal version. Probably won't go the extra expense when it comes right down to it. But as anxious as we are to be there, it is just fun weighing all the options and sharing all the wisdom "y'all" share on these forums.

P.S. "Y'all" is Southern for "youse guys" from New England!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Where would I go in a street legal cart? On CR 101 to the private dog park. Some people drive them on Bueva Vista to go 26 mph, rather than 19 on the multi modal paths.

The battery range for a Par Car is 60 miles .. There is no "considerably lower battery range" with a street legal.

A street legal is definitely more expensive. But so is a Yesteryear Cart or Street Rod. Each to his own!
Old 03-29-2011, 12:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Hi Redwitch

Yes Gems can be used on course and your right about correct tires and low speed setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
jg, the street legal carts look like regular golf cart and can be used on the golf course if they have the correct tires and a low speed setting. I think you're thinking of the YesterYear and StreetRod carts. They are not street legal. The Gem Car is but not sure if they can be used on the courses.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.