Why does my golf cart back fire

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2013, 07:30 AM
Default Back fire

A simple solution would be to replace a spark plug wire.This was causing a back fire on my 1975 Nova many years ago.One of the wires were cracked that could not be seen by the naked eye and at times the connection was lost causing a back fire. This may or may not be your problem but it should only cost a few dollars to try.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:52 AM
Default Back Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo9249 View Post
I recently had a tune up because the golf cart started back firing. But that didn't help. Then I was told it needed a new carberator and battery. So I replace those. Well as I ride down the road it seems not to get gas...it hesitates and loudly pops and as I slow down to go into a tunnel or make a tune it pops but not as loud. Can anyone advise what might be causing it or recommend where I can take it because where I did take it I no longer have good feelings about their ability to repair a golf cart.
I had a lot of issues with back fire and ended up changing the Exhaust problem solved. not a cheap fix though.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.